641 users online (57 members and 584 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    This is what I think the press release is saying as well and seems most likely to me. Just for the sake of argument, however, is it physically possible for both the SCSO press release AND the dispatch to be correct? Is there another I-5 Northbound on ramp South of the one near the church? (I'm directionally challenged so I hope this question makes sense)
    This shows the next exit south of Yolo in relation to the Yolo interchange.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro4WS View Post
    This shows the next exit south of Yolo in relation to the Yolo interchange.

Thank you. So, if I have it right, this is a map from the church to the next interchange South of Yolo where there is another Northbound entrance ramp (about 1.4 miles by HWY): https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.7...d38.736024!3e0

I'll probably shock a lot of people with where I'm going with this, BUT let's suppose BOTH the dispatch and the press release are correct. Could she physically get from the church to the next interchange South in only 7 minutes by running? I don't think she could. And maybe the dispatch was incorrect. But if both are correct? Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Thank you. So, if I have it right, this is a map from the church to the next interchange South of Yolo where there is another Northbound entrance ramp (about 1.4 miles by HWY): https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.7...d38.736024!3e0

I'll probably shock a lot of people with where I'm going with this, BUT let's suppose BOTH the dispatch and the press release are correct. Could she physically get from the church to the next interchange South in only 7 minutes by running? I don't think she could. And maybe the dispatch was incorrect. But if both are correct? Well...
    Don't see how both are correct. And knowing that the two exits are just a mile apart, it makes it even more understandable that the dispatch would be incorrect. Especially since we already know they were wrong about her being chained to something and apparently wrong on the wrists having clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
    Don't see how both are correct. And knowing that the two exits are just a mile apart, it makes it even more understandable that the dispatch would be incorrect. Especially since we already know they were wrong about her being chained to something and apparently wrong on the wrists having clamps.
    We don't know that:
    "Emergency personnel found Sherri bound with restraints. Information about the restraints remains confidential as part of the on-going investigation."
    https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/lib...7.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
    We don't know that:
    "Emergency personnel found Sherri bound with restraints. Information about the restraints remains confidential as part of the on-going investigation."
    https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/lib...7.pdf?sfvrsn=0
    Despite what that press release says, Jackson has gone on the record elsewhere with more specific information.

"He said when she was found, Sherri Papini was wearing a dark gray sweatshirt, light gray sweatpants and had a chain around her waist with her left wrist tethered to it by a zip-tie. Jackson said Sherri Papini also had hose clamps around her ankles, apparently a form of "pain compliance restraints.""

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red.../amp/795090001

I don't think there's any good reason why he would have left out wrist clamps if they were present. But it isn't definitive, which is why I said "apparently".

A thought. I could put restraints on both my ankles, tie a chain around my waist attached to one hand. Could I attach to both?
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro4WS View Post
    She was not found anywhere near the Kingdom Hall. She went where I said. She ran/walked down the EXIT ramp from I-5 North. The ramp next to the Kingdom Hall is an ENTRANCE RAMP to I-5 she did not go down that. When you watch the video Sherri first enters the view coming from the South going North and went to the entrance of the Kingdom Hall - which faces East. When she leaves she is heading SOUTH. She kept going South.

She was found where the arrow points or further south from there.

i am basing my confusion off this: https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sh..._releases.aspx which states she was found near the ON ramp not near the EXIT ramp, as somebody else has already pointed out. I can find no official or other LE source that says she was near the exit ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by erinp View Post
    i am basing my confusion off this: https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sh..._releases.aspx which states she was found near the ON ramp not near the EXIT ramp, as somebody else has already pointed out. I can find no official or other LE source that says she was near the exit ramp.
    That is why I posted the other image. That shows the apparent location indicated in the press release.

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    A thought. I could put restraints on both my ankles, tie a chain around my waist attached to one hand. Could I attach to both?
    Think this is my 1st time commenting on this case, but been reading for a long time!

Yes, it's quite easy to fully restraint yourself, including rendering yourself completely immobile, and you don't need anything fancy. You have probably seen cases (often times stars) where they die from something self-inflicted and "kinky".

If I recall correctly, they said she was not "cut" but had "burns" which says to me the brand is a burn and not something carved into her. Brands that are burned into someone, often heal very oddly and can partially scar or not scar at all in some spots. If picked at or an ointment is used the skin is less likely to bubble up and such. People who get brands done as body modifications often struggle with even healing. I BELIEVE that Caucasian skin leaves less of a scar then people who are darker. Unless she also had burns on her hands I cannot imagine HOW she would have burned her own shoulder, which is just one of the reasons why I don't feel this is a hoax.

The hose clamps on her ankles would have been quite tight as they were for "compliance". This generally means they are tightened to the point that a person is pretty much forced to tip toe as the Achilles tendon is pushed in. I have no clue how long she had these on for or how tight they were, but they would have definitely cut into her skin and depending on the time would have probably left some scars and raw skin under them, especially after adrenaline kicked in and she was free to run. It's so hard to tell if she is running on flat feet or tip toed, but at that point if survival was the only thing on her mind, that pain wouldn't have stopped her from running. (You see women run in HIGH heels all the time).

All JMO

Maybe the reason SP has been so careful what she tells LE, there might be consequences waiting for her that could cause her even more trouble.

MOO
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Quote Originally Posted by MarisaS1985 View Post

The hose clamps on her ankles would have been quite tight as they were for "compliance". This generally means they are tightened to the point that a person is pretty much forced to tip toe as the Achilles tendon is pushed in. I have no clue how long she had these on for or how tight they were, but they would have definitely cut into her skin and depending on the time would have probably left some scars and raw skin under them, especially after adrenaline kicked in and she was free to run. It's so hard to tell if she is running on flat feet or tip toed, but at that point if survival was the only thing on her mind, that pain wouldn't have stopped her from running. (You see women run in HIGH heels all the time).

All JMO
    Respectfully snipped by me, BBM

That thought occurred to me, too. If she had hose clamps on her ankles, would that not interfere with her ability to walk and especially run.

I also keep coming back to the "branded message on her shoulder."

Maybe it is just me, but considering how her story has been constructed so far it is almost as if the vital clues are really metaphors for something.

Like carrying a burden upon one's shoulder.

Something so deeply ingrained nothing can be done to remove it.

I only hope SP seeks the right help she needs, for her own sake, for the sake of her husband, and her children.
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Just some things I’ve been pondering...
    Was it ever mentioned if SP gave any indication of how long she thought she was in the vehicle after being abducted?
    Was it a straight shot from where she was picked up, to where she remained for 3 weeks?
    Any time spent in a different location?
    Considering that 2 of the women were wearing bandannas and a 3rd was sporting a hood, can we assume there weren’t any pit stops made for food, gas or a bathroom?

What about the day of her release? I wonder if the drive was shorter, or longer considering she was found 150 miles from home?

I think KP mentioned that prior to being pushed out of the vehicle, they had traveled down a “long, winding road”.
    But how does he know it was long and winding? Did SP tell him this, or is just one of his overly descriptive “word salad” explanations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post

That thought occurred to me, too. If she had hose clamps on her ankles, would that not interfere with her ability to walk and especially run.

Maybe it is just me, but considering how her story has been constructed so far it is almost as if the vital clues are really metaphors for something.

I only hope SP seeks the right help she needs, for her own sake, for the sake of her husband, and her children.
    Most kinds of hose clamp are very lightweight and have one screw that is used to tighten (reduce the diameter of the clamp). In the Papini scenario the captor would have tightened the screw to punish her for something. But when letting her go, you'd have to think that the clamp would have been loosened. So running with it wouldn't be much different from a prisoner who makes a break for it while wearing a home detention monitoring unit on his ankle. They'll find him because of the GPS but the unit itself doesn't prevent running.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
    Most kinds of hose clamp are very lightweight and have one screw that is used to tighten (reduce the diameter of the clamp). In the Papini scenario the captor would have tightened the screw to punish her for something. But when letting her go, you'd have to think that the clamp would have been loosened. So running with it wouldn't be much different from a prisoner who makes a break for it while wearing a home detention monitoring unit on his ankle. They'll find him because of the GPS but the unit itself doesn't prevent running.
    Rather than loosen the clamps enough for her to run, I would think the captors would remove the clamps altogether in case of fingerprints.

Also, a poster upthread mentioned that s/he had once lost substantial weight in a short time, but was still able to run effectively. But I imagine that SP would not have been allowed much physical activity during the period she was losing weight. Restricted activity combined with rapid substantial weight would seem to me a combo that would leave her weakened and unlikely to be running rapidly and strongly - adrenaline or no.
    Last edited by Stripehaven; 11-10-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarisaS1985 View Post
    Think this is my 1st time commenting on this case, but been reading for a long time!

Yes, it's quite easy to fully restraint yourself, including rendering yourself completely immobile, and you don't need anything fancy. You have probably seen cases (often times stars) where they die from something self-inflicted and "kinky".

If I recall correctly, they said she was not "cut" but had "burns" which says to me the brand is a burn and not something carved into her. Brands that are burned into someone, often heal very oddly and can partially scar or not scar at all in some spots. If picked at or an ointment is used the skin is less likely to bubble up and such. People who get brands done as body modifications often struggle with even healing. I BELIEVE that Caucasian skin leaves less of a scar then people who are darker. Unless she also had burns on her hands I cannot imagine HOW she would have burned her own shoulder, which is just one of the reasons why I don't feel this is a hoax.

All JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post

BBM;
    Respectfully, the hose clamps were not on her ankles, they were on her wrists.

Looking at what LE's actual words are, in this recording, the dispatcher says ;
    She's chained with a quarter inch heavy chain and hose clamps on her wrists
    The audio is @ 0.20 - Mom Found ‘Heavily Battered’ After 3-Week Disappearance
    Last edited by Steleheart; 11-10-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: wonky link
    Happy Day to everyone!

All New Members and Guests
    To Websleuths!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information . . . And Also - WS Lingo

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast