From City/State: Bossier City, LA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24
Race: Hispanic
Height: 64 inches
Weight: 105 pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Light
Glasses/Contacts Description: Reading glasses (wears occasionally).
Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears, scar on left earlobe.
Clothing: Dark green knit sweater with 3/4 length sleeves, blue jeans, white "Reebok" athletic shoes.
Jewelry: Diamond bracelet.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. Cory was last seen at the Barksdale Air Force base to discuss a custody hearing that was to take place the following morning with her ex-husband. Base security confirmed that she entered the base, but they keep no records for outgoing guests. Her vehicle was located abandoned 3/4 mile off the base at the Stoner Ave. boat ramp on the Red River.

Investigative Agency:
Shreveport Police Department
Phone: (318) 673-7020
Investigative Case #: 990104077
NCIC #: M-186904881

National Center for Missing Adults

Police to hold news conference in missing-woman case

posted: 01-26-2006

Shreveport police will hold a news conference today in an effort to find new information about a woman who has been missing for nearly seven years.

The "cold case" file is that of Cory Rubio. The 24-year-old mother of two's car was found abandoned at the Stoner Boat launch.

She has not been found and no arrest has been made. Police suspect foul play.

This weekend will be the seventh anniversary of Rubio's disappearance. Police have scheduled a news conference today and hope publicity about the case will lead someone to come forward with new information.

http://www.ktbs.com/news-detail.html?cityid=1&hid=27778

Family Of Cory Rubio Still Looking For Answers After Seven Years

Cory Rubio disappeared seven years ago this weekend, yet to this day neither police nor her parents have any idea what happened to her.
"Seven years of two young daughters, Sarah and Samantha, maturing without a mother. It has been seven years of waiting for someone to come forward with the truth," said Rubio's mother Susan.
Police found the 24-year-old's car at the Stoner Boat Launch January 28th, 1999. It had been abandoned and ransacked.
The last time anyone saw Cory was the night before. She was with her ex-husband, Airman Jesse McGay, at Barksdale Air Force Base.
McGay was a person of interest in the case, but detectives could never find enough evidence to charge him.

More: http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=4419383

New developments in the case of a missing woman

Updated: May 19, 2006

New developments into the case of Cory Rubio. She disappeared from Shreveport nearly seven and a half years ago. And this week, detectives flew to Florida to interview Rubio's ex-husband and several of his associates.

Rubio's husband has always been considered the prime suspect, in her disappearance. Police say Rubio remains a "Missing Persons" case, but her father says he knows in his heart his daughter is no longer alive.

Jim Rubio is no longer waiting for his daughter, Cory, to come home. But he is still wating for the truth.

Continued:

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/2838166.html

10th anniversary of Cory Rubio disappearance
orginally posted by AdoraBlue in LTWH La Missing

http://www.ktbs.com/news/10th-annive...earance-24481/

It's been 10 years since anyone has seen or heard from Cory Rubio.

The mother of two vanished in Shreveport on Jan. 27, 1999.
Rubio told her father she was meeting her ex-husband, Jessie McGay, an airman at Barksdale Air Force Base.

Her car was later found at the Stoner Avenue boat launch [ETA on the Red River].

Jim Rubio said he will never stop searching for answers.

Shreveport police went to Florida in 2006 and interviewed friends of Rubio's ex-husband. But no charges have been filed and her body has never been found.

McGay lives in Florida and denies any involvement in his wife's disappearance.

Also video link at the website.

an older article
Possible Confession in Rubio Case?

DATE: May 26, 2006
REPORTER: Jeff Ferrell

Did a prime suspect in a highly-publicized missing persons case confess to friends about that person's fate? And if so, is that enough to return an indictment against him? Those are questions now at the heart of the Cory Rubio Case.

In this continuing News 12 investigation, Shreveport Police tells us what they discovered when they flew down to Florida to speak with Rubio's ex-husband. Her father told us his personal thoughts of the investigation, "my daughter was killed there on the military base (Barksdale AFB) by a United States Serviceman."

Jimmy Rubio told us he has absolutely no doubt what happened to his daughter.
But after seven years, neither he nor anyone else has been able to prove that her ex-husband, Jesse McGay, had anything to do with her disappearance.

But now, police told News 12 that people in contact with the former Barksdale Airman, who currently lives near Palm Beach, Florida, are afraid of him. They're afraid because of what they say McGay admitted privately. "Yes, he made some statements that were very disturbing that he might be involved in her disappearance," described Shreveport Homicide Detective Jimmy Muller.

Detective Muller explained fear is the reason why those interviewed want to remain anonymous. "Why take a chance? If this guy's done something terrible and you get on his list then you know, you could be in the same situation."

Muller said those interviewed echoed previous statements from those close to McGay. But, he asked the rhetorical question, "If he told five people that, 'I killed my wife, and I did away with her', and there's no body, where do you go with that?"

"I believe that the military has got some of the most important parts of the information needed," said Jimmy Rubio. This long-grieving father told us the U.S. Air Force has never told him anything. He added, "if nothing did happen then why don't they release the facts." And despite repeated attempts, News 12 has yet to get any comment, either.

The biggest obstacle to overcome: There's no body. But there is something new in that regard, said Muller. "We did gain some information that's helpful in that area."

We're told, detectives will soon meet with the Caddo Homicide Screening Section, to figure out if the information from recent interviews is enough to proceed with a case against Jesse McGay.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=4955935&nav=0RY5

another older article
http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=4459196&nav=0RY5

EXCLUSIVE: Ex Father-In-Law Of Missing Woman Talks About Son

"You know, frankly, I'm afraid of him."

Chilling words from the father of Jesse McGay. Tim McGay accuses his son of nearly choking him to death. "Boy, he just took me down on the ground and put my head in a twist. He had me in a paralyzed move, I mean, it must have been something he learned in the military."

The father says all that happened after the disappearance of his son's ex-wife, Cory Rubio, here in Shreveport seven years ago.

Shreveport Detective Pat Lamotte tells News 12 choking is McGay's M.O. Lamotte says he not only choked his father, but had also choked his former wife, Cory Rubio in the past. And McGay's new girlfriend at a base in Korea also claimed that McGay had choked her, even telling the new girlfriend once, quote, 'Be careful or I'll bury you like I did my ex-wife.'

Lamotte says McGay denied the comment and it ended there.

But police said there was simply not enough evidence to arrest McGay back in January of 1999 after they discovered Rubio's abandoned car at the Stoner Boat Launch.

McGay's father tells News 12 before hearing of his son's ex-wife disappearing, he had a strange encounter with a psychic. "She just kind of went to trembling and she said, 'Oh, my God.' She said, 'Jesse killed his wife, said he strangled her."

Jesse's father says he even called the D.A.'s office, telling them the psychic believed Cory's body was in a nearby lake.

Cadaver dogs on training did hit on something at the Stoner Boat Launch two years after she disappeared, but after days of searching and digging nothing was found.

But, we spoke with friends of McGay, who say categorically Jesse could not have killed Cory Rubio, saying Jesse's the real victim.

"No man is willing to admit that, you know, that his wife is the one that's beating on him," said friend Pat Arendell. "But he was never abusive to her at all."

Two other close friends of McGay also defend him.

Pat Arendell has his own theory. "Honestly and truthfully, I still think it was just a random either carjacking or something that went wrong."
Jesse and Cory's daughter together, Samantha, just turned nine-years old. She's now being raised by Cory's parents. Jesse has not seen or spoken to his daughter since losing custody seven years ago.

But, News 12 has confirmed that Jesse McGay has had a run-in with the law recently. In July, police charged him with insurance fraud.

We have also tracked down McGay's current whereabouts. But, police have asked us not to contact him directly until they have a chance to do so. Detective Lamotte will only say she'll make that trip soon.

another

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d.../601270328/1062

Anguish lingers for missing woman's family on anniversary of her disappearance

January 27, 2006

By Francis McCabe
francismccabe@gannett.com

It's been seven years to the day since Cory Rubio's empty car was found at Shreveport's Stoner Avenue boat launch. Seven years since the 24-year-old Stonewall resident was declared missing. Seven years since her two daughters saw their mother.

Seven years of agony for Rubio's family.

"It's been seven years of waiting for someone to come forward with the truth," her mother, Susan Rubio, said while choking back tears during a news conference Thursday at Shreveport police headquarters.

Detectives and Cory Rubio's family once again are urging the public to come forward and share any knowledge about what happened Jan. 27, 1999.

Police never have found Rubio and always have suspected foul play in her disappearance.

With her marriage to Jesse McGay -- a U.S. airman at the time -- marked by domestic abuse, police have seen him as a person of interest in the case.

McGay is the last person known to have seen Rubio. She had gone to meet him at Barksdale Air Force Base to discuss an upcoming hearing about child support the night she went missing.

McGay has since left the Air Force. His whereabouts are unknown to police.

"We've talked to friends and acquaintances of Jesse McGay. And maybe there are people out there who may feel more comfortable to come forth now," said Detective Patricia Lamotte of the Police Department's missing persons division.

McGay is not the only person of interest, Lamotte said. Investigators have interviewed several people, she said, but would not name who.

It is doubtful that Rubio will be found alive. "I have suspicions as it relates to her fate," Lamotte said.

"Cory Rubio was very close to her family. She adored her daughters and would not just abandon them," the detective said, explaining the theory behind Rubio's disappearance.

For their part, Rubio's family has no expectation that their daughter is alive. "We hope to end the pain we suffer each day without her by bringing to justice the persons responsible for her harm," her mother said.

Susan Rubio and husband Jim called on the Air Force to be more cooperative with Shreveport police on the case. Lamotte said the Air Force so far has cooperated with the investigation. The Air Force has closed its investigation into the case since McGay has left the service, she said.

Meantime, no one plans on giving up and there is hope someone will come forward. "This investigation will continue as long as this matter remains unresolved," Lamotte said

From March 2015
A Stonewall teenager is making an impassioned plea for help 16 years after her mom's disappearance.(...)

Only recently, one of Cory's two daughter, Samantha Rubio, discovered McGay had died. After turning 18 years old recently, she's decided to call out for help, hoping McGay, her biological father, may have said something to someone.

Now, Samantha is calling on that theoretical 'someone' to step forward. "There's no way that he could have just done something and nobody know anything at all. Somebody has to have some answers," declared Samantha.

(...)

As Samantha got older she decided to begin a more intensive search for answers about her missing mother. That began with a search on Google, a little more than a year ago. And that's when she stumbled across an obituary for her biological father Jesse McGay.

The obituary was posted in the Staunton, Virginia News Leader newspaper, dated September 24, 2013. But it listed his date of death as three months earlier on June 24, 2013, in Guayaquil, Ecuador. No explanation is given for the delay in the announcement.

(...)

Over the years, reports had circulated that McGay may have "all-but confessed" to Cory's murder to several people after moving away, including a now ex-wife and a few friends. But it was never enough for an arrest.

(...)

The Rubio family says they're just looking for any kind of tip to find Cory's remains. And they emphasize that the tip can remain anonymous: No questions asked. They just want closure for this ordeal that just won't end, now on its 5,882nd day since Cory was last seen alive.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/28284990/stonewall-teenager-help-me-find-my-mothers-remains

Cory Marie Rubio
  • cory_marie_rubio_1.jpg
  • cory_marie_rubio_2.jpg
  • cory_marie_rubio_3.jpg
  • cory_marie_rubio_4.jpg
  • cory_marie_rubio_5.jpg
Rubio, circa 1999

• Missing Since 01/27/1999
  • Missing From Shreveport, Louisiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 10/11/1974 (44)
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 105 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark green knit sweater or shirt with three-quarter length sleeves, black or blue jeans, white Reebok sneakers and a diamond bracelet.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Rubio's ears are pierced, and she has a scar on her left earlobe. Some agencies spell her first name "Corey." She occasionally wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Rubio called her mother and said she would be returning to her family's residence after picking up her two children from their babysitter's home in Shreveport, Louisiana on January 27, 1999. She never arrived at the sitter's house and has never been heard from again.

Rubio had spent part of the day at Barksdale Air Force Base in Bossier City, Louisiana. She was discussing a custody hearing regarding her children scheduled for the following day with her former husband, Jesse McGay. McGay was a Senior Airman in the United States Air Force at the time.

Security records indicate that Rubio arrived on base on January 27, but outgoing visitors' logs are not recorded. It is not known if Rubio departed from the facility. Her family has said that it is extremely uncharacteristic of her to leave without alerting her loved ones as to her plans.

Rubio's white 1994 Ford Probe was discovered abandoned at the Stoner Avenue boat ramp on the Red River in Shreveport shortly after she disappeared. The ramp is located across the river from the base. There was no sign of Rubio at the scene, but her purse and shoes were inside the vehicle, which had been ransacked.

McGay was transferred to Osan Air Force Base in Korea sometime after his former wife vanished. He fled from Korea shortly after his transfer and left a letter behind stating that he had "unfinished business" to deal with in the United States.

McGay was apprehended in Dallas, Texas in November 1999, ten months after Rubio disappeared. He reportedly had a history of violent behavior towards Rubio and others. He has never been charged in connection with her case, but he lost custody of their daughter after Rubio vanished. The child was being raised by her mother's parents.

Authorities spent three days searching for Rubio's remains in an area near the boat ramp in Shreveport in March 2001. Investigators believed they located a possible section of interest at the site, but conditions did not allow further excavation at the time. Rubio's case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Cory Marie Rubio – The Charley Project

DEC 14, 2019
Cold Case: 20 years later, Where is Cory Rubio? (shreveporttimes.com)
[...]

The night before a court hearing
[...]

The couple went to bed that evening, certain their daughter would be back soon. Cory had even called that night to reassure it wouldn’t be much longer. She sounded fine.

Later, they were awakened by the phone – a call from a police officer asking about their daughter’s whereabouts.

[...]

She and McGay divorced the summer before and had a court date the next morning concerning child support.

[...]

McGay wanted a reduction in the $430 he paid monthly for the support of their then-2-year-old, daughter.

The pair were also in the middle of a custody battle.

[...]

Provide a tip

Anyone with information on Rubio’s disappearance - no matter how small or insignificant it may seem - can provide tips by calling Caddo-Shreveport Crime Stoppers at (318) 673-7373 or the Shreveport Police Department at 381-Shreveport Police at 673-7020.

Tips can also be made by visiting lockemup.org, or by using the app, P3Tips.

JAN 23, 2021
Two decades after Shreveport woman disappears, family still hopes for answers | ArkLaTex In-Depth | ktbs.com

5fe0ce130275c.image.jpg

[...]

Fighting back tears, SE opened up about the mother she and her sister never really got to know.

“I don’t remember too much,” SE said. “We were at our babysitters. Our mother dropped us off. We spent our day there and she never came and got us.”

[...]

SE and her grandparents still live on the same property her mother grew up in. They even kept the same phone number just in case Rubio is still out there.

“She was a very loving person. When I have gone through our pictures, I could tell she was very loving,” Elliott said. “She was always holding me, giving me hugs, giving my sister hugs, taking care of me.”

[...]

“If something happened to her and he had dumped her somewhere, I don’t want to think about it that way,” SE said. “I just hold on to the idea that maybe she is a little lost and needs some help finding her way home.”

SE and her sister recently learned that McGay passed away a few years ago.

Cory divorced her husband, a Barksdale Air Force Base Senior Airman, the previous summer, and was due in court the day after she disappeared. Her ex-husband was seeking a reduction in the $430 he paid monthly for support of their 2-year-old daughter. Cory also had a daughter from a 1994 marriage.

Cory was supposed to be at the Bossier Parish Courthouse in Benton at 9:30 on January 28 for a hearing on the petition. Cory had been staying with her parents while she readied a mobile home for her and the girls.

Rubio called her parents the night of January 27 and said she would be home later with her two young daughters. The girls were with Cory when she drove to Shreveport on January 27. Cory dropped her children off with her babysitter in Shreveport and told the sitter she was going out for a while, but didn't say where. She told the sitter she would pick up the girls four hours later.

Cory's mother wasn't home from work yet, but she spoke to her father before she left. Cory always let someone know where she was and would call her mother four or five times a day. Cory called her mother that night and said she would soon be back in Stonewall. According to her mother she sounded fine at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back