1148 users online (228 members and 920 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103

    Where is my URL address and lock icon???

    I hope someone can help.I used to have a URL address bar and icon lock on the bottom of my screen.It is not there anymore.
    What could of happened to it and how do I get it back?

    The lock icon is the yellow padlock that goes from being locked to unlocked to show if a site is secure or not.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    I hope someone can help.I used to have a URL address bar and icon lock on the bottom of my screen.It is not there anymore.
    What could of happened to it and how do I get it back?

    The lock icon is the yellow padlock that goes from being locked to unlocked to show if a site is secure or not.
    Hiya Dark Shadows!

    To get your address bar back on your bottom task bar just right click on it, click toolbars and click address.

    As for the lock, mine only shows up when I am on a secure site....does it not show up at all if you are on secure site? Let me know, if not, I will try and figure it out for ya.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Hi Christine2448,

    I did not know about the clicking on the task bar until you provided the info.The bar now shows.
    Thanks again for your help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Hi Christine2448,

    I did not know about the clicking on the task bar until you provided the info.The bar now shows.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Did you just change your post, LOL, I swear it said something different, about going to view, then clicking on status bar??? That is the bar that shows the lock, if I remember correctly, yes it is, I just tested it I just couldn't remember where it was Thanks for the question, it reminded me of the proper solutions incase this happens again

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    Hiya Dark Shadows!

    To get your address bar back on your bottom task bar just right click on it, click toolbars and click address.

    As for the lock, mine only shows up when I am on a secure site....does it not show up at all if you are on secure site? Let me know, if not, I will try and figure it out for ya.
    Hi Christine2448,
    When I clicked the View button the bar came up.Then it disappeared again.I tried the way you told me and it is on.I don't know if it is the third party tool bar thing that made it work for a little while and then disappear or if it was because I turned the computer off to download updates.Anyway,I will let you know how long this one lasts.Thanks again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,387
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Hi Christine2448,
    When I clicked the View button the bar came up.Then it disappeared again.I tried the way you told me and it is on.I don't know if it is the third party tool bar thing that made it work for a little while and then disappear or if it was because I turned the computer off to download updates.Anyway,I will let you know how long this one lasts.Thanks again.
    For the address bar in the bottom of the screen you do the right click on the task bar, then choose address.

    For the lock, go to view then make sure there is a check by status, this will open a seperate bar that will sit on the bottom of your screen and when you are on a secure site it will show the yellow lock.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Hi,Christine2448,

    You helped me alot.Thanks .



Similar Threads

  1. FL - Famed voice-over icon Peter Thomas dies at 91
    By los2188 in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 03:59 PM
  2. Country Music Icon Merle Haggard Has Died
    By tezi in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 05:11 PM
  3. Believers say oil is seeping from icon in Bethlehem
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:40 AM
  4. need help finding smily icon
    By indigomood in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 01:43 PM