Where is my URL address and lock icon???

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
I hope someone can help.I used to have a URL address bar and icon lock on the bottom of my screen.It is not there anymore.
What could of happened to it and how do I get it back?:confused:

The lock icon is the yellow padlock that goes from being locked to unlocked to show if a site is secure or not.

dark_shadows said:
I hope someone can help.I used to have a URL address bar and icon lock on the bottom of my screen.It is not there anymore.
What could of happened to it and how do I get it back?:confused:

The lock icon is the yellow padlock that goes from being locked to unlocked to show if a site is secure or not.
Hiya Dark Shadows!

To get your address bar back on your bottom task bar just right click on it, click toolbars and click address.

As for the lock, mine only shows up when I am on a secure site....does it not show up at all if you are on secure site? Let me know, if not, I will try and figure it out for ya.

Hi Christine2448,

I did not know about the clicking on the task bar until you provided the info.The bar now shows.
Thanks again for your help.

dark_shadows said:
Hi Christine2448,

I did not know about the clicking on the task bar until you provided the info.The bar now shows.
Thanks again for your help.
Did you just change your post, LOL, I swear it said something different, about going to view, then clicking on status bar??? That is the bar that shows the lock, if I remember correctly, yes it is, I just tested it :) I just couldn't remember where it was :doh: Thanks for the question, it reminded me of the proper solutions incase this happens again :)

christine2448 said:
Hiya Dark Shadows!

To get your address bar back on your bottom task bar just right click on it, click toolbars and click address.

As for the lock, mine only shows up when I am on a secure site....does it not show up at all if you are on secure site? Let me know, if not, I will try and figure it out for ya.

Hi Christine2448,
When I clicked the View button the bar came up.Then it disappeared again.I tried the way you told me and it is on.I don't know if it is the third party tool bar thing that made it work for a little while and then disappear or if it was because I turned the computer off to download updates.Anyway,I will let you know how long this one lasts.Thanks again.

dark_shadows said:
Hi Christine2448,
When I clicked the View button the bar came up.Then it disappeared again.I tried the way you told me and it is on.I don't know if it is the third party tool bar thing that made it work for a little while and then disappear or if it was because I turned the computer off to download updates.Anyway,I will let you know how long this one lasts.Thanks again.
For the address bar in the bottom of the screen you do the right click on the task bar, then choose address.

For the lock, go to view then make sure there is a check by status, this will open a seperate bar that will sit on the bottom of your screen and when you are on a secure site it will show the yellow lock.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back