Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Two jailed while alleged sexual child abuse investigated

Two jailed while alleged sexual child abuse investigated

This is my first thread so please forgive me if I do this wrong or if it's a repeat. I did a pretty thorough check and didn't see it posted yet so if I missed it somewhere...sorry! This was on our local news last night.

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs....47&cachetime=5

A 58-year-old man and 40-year-old woman are in police custody and the possible sexual abuse of a toddler and a teenage boy is being investigated thanks to the diligence of an Atlanta woman who pressed authorities to look into the case.

Thank God for that woman! She made a huge difference in those children's lives! I'm glad she followed her instincts!!!!!!!! She saved their lives!!

What a hero that woman is. God bless her.

This woman is my hero!!!

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Her persistance paid off. She took it into her own hands and got something done about it.

Rainbow, if you see any updates please let us know. I have a feeling there is a whole lot more to this story.

I can't find anything else on the web but they had a little more info on the news a little while ago so this will be from memory.

Both children were the children of his common law wife and he (Jack Wiley) is a sex offender that has allegedly molested 40 children (I believe they said this was being investigated). The mother has been charged with child abuse.
    I was a little hopeful that the children had been kidnapped and would be returned to their family and very sickened to learn that they were actually her children. Tracie Dean, a true angel sent from above in my opinion, is giving a lot of interviews on the news about all she went through to save this little girl. She doesn't have to many kind words for the LE.

I'll definetely follow this and keep you all updated. Hopefully I can find something more accurate online.

This story is also posted in the up to the minute forum under woman's hunch uncovers child abuse.

Man who opened his home to abuse suspects floored by allegations

http://www.al.com/news/mobileregiste...740.xml&coll=3

EVERGREEN -- A Conecuh County man who lived for months in the same mobile home with two people accused last week of abusing a boy and girl in their care said Thursday he was shocked by the allegations.

"I just heard all of it this morning," said Bill Fryant. "I just got the details about what they are accused of doing. I thought it was absolutely horrifying and disgusting and unbelievable. I had no idea. I would never have allowed them to step inside the house."

Fryant said he first met the couple, identified by authorities as Jack Wiley and Glenna Faye Cavender, when he stayed in a Red Cross shelter in Brewton after Hurricane Ivan made landfall in September 2004

More at the link above.

Outrageous! All this time these two monsters have been living off good people like Bill Fryant, church charities and the Red Cross. Always with their hands out for support and all the while torturing and molesting these two children. I can't begin to think what would have happen if Dean had not been observant and persistant.

"We think they may have been on a nationwide crime spree," Hawsey said. "We should know more as information continues to come in."

(This is the last line in the article posted above by Rainbow.)

Well this is just the icing on the cake! Throw these two in prison and NEVER let them out!!!

And the two are possibly father and daughter? Can you imagine the h*ll her life must have been? And when she is an adult, she is so messed up, that she begins to participate with her father in perpetrating the same kind of life on her kids!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Thank the Lord for this woman's keen observations,
    intuitiveness, and persistence to follow through!
    Wish there were more like her!

She so deserves to be honored as a hero, and rewarded for her efforts!

God bless you Tracie Dean!

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    And the two are possibly father and daughter? Can you imagine the h*ll her life must have been? And when she is an adult, she is so messed up, that she begins to participate with her father in perpetrating the same kind of life on her kids!
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe that they just posed as father and daughter during the time they were getting help from the Red Cross. I'm pretty sure I heard on the news the she is his common law wife.

Last hour Bill Hemmer (FOX) had her on and hearing her story gave me goose bumps. What a lady!

In a word .... tenacious heroine

Oh, that was two ... couldn't help it.

IF I were rich, I'd reward her a very nice sum of money. $100,000.

Too bad the creep wasn't on Oprah's most wanted sex offender's list!

Maybe we should write Oprah because this would make a great Oprah show; about how we really should stay alert and observe the children around us. They're our future! Also, it would alert police officers that they should take womens' instincts seriously.
    Because they surely didn't in this case!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Last hour Bill Hemmer (FOX) had her on and hearing her story gave me goose bumps. What a lady!

In a word .... tenacious heroine

Oh, that was two ... couldn't help it.

IF I were rich, I'd reward her a very nice sum of money. $100,000.

Too bad the creep wasn't on Oprah's most wanted sex offender's list!

Maybe we should write Oprah because this would make a great Oprah show; about how we really should stay alert and observe the children around us. They're our future! Also, it would alert police officers that they should take womens' instincts seriously.
    Because they surely didn't in this case!

I thought the same thing about Oprah getting wind of this story and doing a show about it. Maybe we should all email her with a request. I feel that it is so important that people follow their instincts, and sadly so many don't. A story like this is a great example on why you SHOULD follow those naggy little feelings that just won't go away.

Updated article. Check out the pics of the 2 molesters.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=75218

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson

YUCK! They're both BUTT UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson

Oh MY! They look horrible. And the woman looks like she would be mentally deficient. I heard on tv she was his wife, but she does look related to him.

OOps. She was not the wife but was the mother of the little girl, that is what they said on CTV earlier today.

Two abusers possibly related

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Mysteriew, you may be correct about this relationship. According to the links given:

"The two are possibly father and daughter and were arrested after Tracie Lee Dean of Atlanta saw a 3-year-old girl alone in an Evergreen convenience store on Jan. 15, Chapman said."

"Authorities are still trying to determine what the relationship is between the adults and children, awaiting DNA tests."

If so, this could be a case of generational incest, father to daughter, then father to his own grandchildren. The woman sure looks like she could be his daughter, very similar facial structure and eyes. Or the boy may be just his son, it's not clear who his mother is. It's gross but it happens more than we think.

What a wonderful woman to drive back 300 miles to check on this.I just looked at the pics of them and feel like puking when i think of the poor kids having to suffer him raping them .He definately needs the DP . I wonder how long the poor boy has had to suffer at this POS hands.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    I thought the same thing about Oprah getting wind of this story and doing a show about it. Maybe we should all email her with a request. I feel that it is so important that people follow their instincts, and sadly so many don't. A story like this is a great example on why you SHOULD follow those naggy little feelings that just won't go away.

I'm game. I think it would be great, especially since Oprah so many times has told her audience to listen to that inner voice.

IF someone emails her, before I do, please share her email addy.

I just saw Tracie on Abrams and when I hear her story as she tells it, it's just wonderful! She's a real star, in my book!

ETA On Abrams they said the couple were husband and wife.

Just to let you all know:

I just emailed Oprah about this story. On her site there is a place requesting "your ideas" so I sent her an email and a link to a news clip detailing the story.

Won't you all follow behind me?! I'd love to see Tracie on Oprah getting the message out there!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    Just to let you all know:

I just emailed Oprah about this story. On her site there is a place requesting "your ideas" so I sent her an email and a link to a news clip detailing the story.

Won't you all follow behind me?! I'd love to see Tracie on Oprah getting the message out there!

Ok rainbow, I'm right behind you.

About three hours ago, thinking about this story, I had a feeling come over me that Tracie was going to try to see about adopting 3 yr old "Elizabeth". I had not read the first article on the story, since it has been all over the news everywhere today.

After dinner, I googled the story to find a good link to include in my email to Oprah and picked this one.

I was totally taken aback when I read the article and found out that Tracie is going to try to adopt little Elizabeth! Tracie feels she can turn the little girl's life around. I do hope Tracie is successful with her pursuit in adopting this dear little girl, who deserves a much better life.

What a terrific story this is!

Link to Email Oprah's producers:
    http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/ema...wideas.jhtml.2

I didn't realize that their were two threads going about this and posted some interesting information that I found tonight over in the other thread.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35598

I just heard on Anderson Cooper that LE is doing DNA testing to determine if the little girl is really even his Granddaughter. According to the report they are checking DNA on her and the 17 year old male. It kind of sounded like these might be missing kids! Authorities were also asking for anyone who had contact with these people in the past to contact them. Does anyone have a link to confirm that these kids were really even their familly members?
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    I just heard on Anderson Cooper that LE is doing DNA testing to determine if the little girl is really even his Granddaughter. According to the report they are checking DNA on her and the 17 year old male. It kind of sounded like these might be missing kids! Authorities were also asking for anyone who had contact with these people in the past to contact them. Does anyone have a link to confirm that these kids were really even their familly members?

Dan Abrams had Tracie Dean on, and she said that she spotted what she thought was the same little girl on a missing children's site. That little girl was missing from Ohio.

ETA: But, that doesn't make sense either. Because Tracie wouldn't be thinking of adopting IF she was truly a missing child, that has a parent somewhere wanting her back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Dan Abrams had Tracie Dean on, and she said that she spotted what she thought was the same little girl on a missing children's site. That little girl was missing from Ohio.

ETA: But, that doesn't make sense either. Because Tracie wouldn't be thinking of adopting IF she was truly a missing child, that has a parent somewhere wanting her back home.
    It sounds as though it is too early to tell yet. They don't know for sure if the couple is common law husband and wife or father and dau. That would lead me to the conclusion that anything they said about the origins of the kids would be suspect. Even if they say, yes they are her children- even if LE may have told the lady they are her children (and I believe it is likely that they did) I am glad they are checking to see for sure.
    She thought the girl might be from Ohio, huh?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast