Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of molesting 14yo girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesneakers

not today satan
Reaction score
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Leigh Corfman says she was 14 years old when an older man approached her outside a courtroom in Etowah County, Ala. She was sitting on a wooden bench with her mother, they both recall, when the man introduced himself as Roy Moore.

Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

Wendy Miller says she was 14 and working as a Santa’s helper at the Gadsden Mall when Moore first approached her, and 16 when he asked her on dates, which her mother forbade.

Debbie Wesson Gibson says she was 17 when Moore spoke to her high school civics class and asked her out on the first of several dates that did not progress beyond kissing.

Gloria Thacker Deason says she was an 18-year-old cheerleader when Moore began taking her on dates that included bottles of Mateus Rosé wine. The legal drinking age in Alabama was 19.

All were initially reluctant to speak publicly but chose to do so after multiple interviews, saying they thought it was important for people to know about their interactions with Moore. The women say they don’t know one another.

Well, is it surprising to me that more people are being accused? No. Is it surprising that he is being accused? I am not. Very often, people who claim to be more ethical or religious aren't. I am so sorry that this young woman and the others endured this abuse.

Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary: "They became parents of Jesus"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-alabama-roy-moore-response-jesus-mary-joseph-20171109-story.html

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus," Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. "There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."

Disgusting.

This is surprising to me that a state official would defend his actions. This is an interview with Alabama state auditor Ziegler (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a...tions-invokes-mary-and-joseph/article/2640217) where he defends Moore's actions based on "dating" and the bible. He doesn't deny the the incidents happened. It seems to me that the world has gone mad to have officials defending a man, aged 32, trying to abuse a 14 year old.

“There is nothing to see here,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.”

“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler said choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

John McCain, Mitt Romney calling for Moore to leave race. Sen Jeff Flake tweeted: "Come on Republicans, this cannot be who we are."

It's all too common - those who profess to be Christians, yet defend child molesters.

John McCain, Mitt Romney calling for Moore to leave race. Sen Jeff Flake tweeted: "Come on Republicans, this cannot be who we are."

But it is. Maybe they can change their image if they do the right thing now.

Roy Moore is and always has been a nasty piece of work, and seeing him abuse his power so many times as a resident of Alabama, I am appalled but not at all shocked that he would abuse it in other ways.

If it is who many Republicans believe "we/they" are, I hope Flake and the others will leave the party. The madness of supporting a child molester is like the madness of supporting David Duke.

State Rep Ed Henry says Roy Moore is the victim in all of this.

[FONT=&quot]"I don't believe them," Henry said of Moore's accusers. "Maybe there is some legal prosecution for lying and interfering with a political process. But probably not. I would suspect there would be some type of litigation and lawsuits coming at some point. I don't believe them."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Henry said the women should be "accomplices" for any crimes that may have been committed because they did not come forward and, by their silence, helped cover up any crime.[/FONT]

BBM. I'm gonna be sick.

Roy Moore just told Sean Hannity in a radio interview broadcast on CNN: "I don't remember dating any girl without the permission of their mothers." !!!

Roy Moore just told Sean Hannity in a radio interview broadcast on CNN: "I don't remember dating any girl without the permission of their mothers." !!!

Oh, in that case, it was consensual and there is no issue. Mothers can't give permission to sexually abuse their children. I find it so disgusting to hear that Hannity has posited that this is consensual. Notice, Moore has not said it didn't happen. He implied their mammas knew as an excuse.

Roy Moore: "These allegations are completely false."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/roy-moore-%E2%80%98these-allegations-are-completely-false%E2%80%99/ar-BBEPcdk

"But more than that it hurts me personally because you know, I'm a father. I have one daughter, I have five granddaughters, and I have a special concern for the protection of young ladies," Moore continued.

And there he goes...using female relatives as deflection, as if having a daughter makes him unable to molest children. Being a horrible person and a child molester has zero to do with what gender your children are.

So far, Louis C. K. is seeming to be the most honorable of the deplorables who abused/accosted/harassment/attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member