fourboys

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsmissing.com
Authorities seek missing woman

Posted: January 27, 2006

<SNIP>

According to New Madrid County Sheriff Terry Stevens, Teresa Lynn Butler, 35, was found to be missing from her home near Risco around 10 a.m. Wednesday, when her husband, Dale Butler, returned from work at a steel mill in Blytheville, Ark.

Stevens said Butler arrived home to find his two young children, ages 2 and 4, alone in the family home on County Road 241, also known as Eight Ditch Road, just off Highway 62 on the outskirts of Risco. The youngest child was awake and in his bed, while the older child was still sleeping, Stevens continued.

"There were no signs of forced entry and the only items found to be missing were a video game console and the stereo from his [Butler's] vehicle," said Stevens.

Law enforcement officials spent Wednesday afternoon examining the premises for evidence, scouring area ditches for signs of the missing woman and interviewing family members and friends. According to Stevens, the last person to speak with Butler was a family member who spoke with her around 10 p.m. Tuesday evening. When asked about the conversation, that person declined comment.

<SNIP>

Butler's picture is being circulated to the media and other law enforcement agencies. She is described as five feet, seven inches in height, weighing approximately 109 pounds, with brown eyes and hair.

Anyone with information regarding the case is asked to call the New Madrid County Sheriff's Department at 573-748-2516.

Photo at link:

http://www.dailystatesman.com/story/1137282.html

I wonder why the relative that she last talked to declined to say what their conversation was about. Were the husband and wife having problems? Was she involved with someone else? There is some secret there or the relative wouldn't have a problem talking about what they talked about.

If the husband was at work and it can be proven that he didn't leave work during his shift then he is home free. Wonder if the neighbors saw anything.

Hope this mother of two babies is found soon and that she is alright.

Authorities: Risco woman remains missing

Monday, January 30, 2006

NEW MADRID, Mo. -- The Southeast Missouri Major Case Squad, Missouri State Highway Patrol, New Madrid County Sheriff's Department and local authorities are continuing the investigation of a Risco woman missing since Wednesday morning.

According to New Madrid County Sheriff Terry Stevens, Teresa Lynn Butler, 35, was found to be missing from her home near Risco, Mo., around 10 a.m. Wednesday, when her husband, Dale Butler, returned from work at a steel mill in Blytheville, Ark.

Stevens said Butler arrived home to find his two young children, ages 2 and 4, alone in the family home on County Road 241, also known as Eight Ditch Road, just off Highway 62 on the outskirts of Risco. The youngest child was awake and in his bed, while the older child was still sleeping, Stevens continued.

Teresa Butler is described as five feet, seven inches in height, weighing approximately 109 pounds, with brown eyes and hair.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1137593.html

I can't imagine the mother would just leave her two kids alone until the father got home, even if she was leaving voluntarily.

I'm thinking that since there were no signs of forced entry, she let someone she knew in, and either she left by force or was coerced outside.

Most likely the suspect took the video game system and the stereo because they are easy to pawn or sell.

I would contact the pawn shops in the area to be on the lookout for those items. Ebay would be a great place to check too.

I gather there has been no other news? any searches planned? I would like to know if the relative that last talk to her has given police a statement about what the conversation was about. Also have they checked with the husband's job, etc....

Nothing new to report. Sorry it took so long for someone to get back to you. I am sure the LE knows more than they are letting out as everyone knows everyone and anything that is talked about leaks out to the community. This seems to be a very puzzling case. If you are unaware of the location it is small towns with vast farming areas. Country life in the area is sparse with many country roads and no one living on them. Searching that area would be very time consuming and could cover many hundreds of square miles of vast farm land that contain many drainage ditches that would be impossible to cross in many places. Hopefully they will get a break soon. Our hearts goes out to the friends and family of this sweet lady and we are hoping she has a safe return.

The game console and car stereo sound like something a petty thief would take for drug money possibly made to look like a robbery? Then again maybe that's all they had of value that was easy to grab? Doesn't gel with taking her though and highly doubtful she left of her own will. A 4 year old still asleep at 10am?

What's the crime stats in the area of home invasions by teens that may have escalated to a violent degree to abduct and rape? Is there a problem with meth heads in the area?

The search and questions continue. Here is the latest news on Teresa that is being released. Not much new but some answers to questions in it.
http://www.dddnews.com/story/1141230.html
Thanks for keeping her and her family and friends in your thoughts.

I havent heard about this case yet. It seems that there is alot of clues though. I know the WS'ers can come up to some conclusions they are good at that. Im intereseted in one of the articles that claims she was upset the week prior to her going missing due to something at work (walmart) but she refused to talk about it?! . cell phone calls made FROM her cell phone after she went missing. And the house being locked up when the husband returned home that morning. And of course the x wife...Those all seem like very good clues to me as to what happened to her. I don't know maybe not but I know you guys here are good at picking things apart..Start picking folks! Let's help bring this beautiful mommy home to her little ones!

This is close to where I live and has been covered in the local news, however the local tv station KFVS has stopped covering anything about it for quite a while now and I am surprised at that!! A young woman is missing and you would think that her picture would be shown many times every day!!
In one article I did read where the husband took and passed a lie detector test and it was good to hear that had been done. Hearing the details about the former wife does make you wonder.
For the poster who wondered about a meth problem in this area.... meth is a huge problem, just the other day it was said in the news that Missouri is the #2 state for meth labs.

Old Broad

I must've missed that - whats the story on the exwife?

bykerladi said:
I must've missed that - whats the story on the exwife?

bykerladi, in a few of the articles I've read, it explained more about the problems with the ex-wife. Teresa met her husband when they were both working at a factory and he was still married to his first wife, I believe Teresa was also married. Anyway, long story short, they both divorced and then got married. The first wife had issues and there have been times when she would call Teresa up when she was at work to bother her. They both work at Wal-Marts but in different towns. Right before Teresa went missing she becaume upset over something that happened at work, but would not talk about it!
Teresa's husband has taken a lie detector test and passed, that was some time ago.
I haven't heard anything new on this for quite a while now and nothing on our local television station since the very beginning.

Old Broad

I wonder if LE has checked out the ex to see if she has a solid alibi. I imagine that she is bitter if she was married and her husband left her for Teresa. I wonder if she ever confronted Teresa or if it was just phone calls. Do the boys belong to Teresa and her husband or are they by a previous marriage?
If they belong to Teresa and her husband then the ex has held on to her bitter feelings for quite a while. Sounds like the phone call must have been from her. Wonder if LE has checked her phone records or if she was using a phone at Walmart so the call couldn't be traced. It sounds like she was the only person that Teresa was having problems with.

Glad to hear that the husband passed a lie detector test. His alibi could have easily been checked out. I don't think that Teresa just took off and left her children home along even if they were asleep. Someone must have forced her to leave with them.

Its been to long. Something has happened to this young woman. For her family's sake I wish she would be found. The waiting and wondering has to be horrible.

Is it possible she witnessed something at work and someone threatened her? Maybe someone was involved in embezzlement or stealing from the store. My brother received death threats when he caught someone stealing from the register. (Luckily nothing ever happened to him.) I know women can be vindictive and hold grudges for years over miniscule things, but I just don't think the ex is involved here. I would like to think one woman would be compassionate enough not to take a mother away from two young childen.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder why the relative that she last talked to declined to say what their conversation was about. Were the husband and wife having problems? Was she involved with someone else? There is some secret there or the relative wouldn't have a problem talking about what they talked about.

If the husband was at work and it can be proven that he didn't leave work during his shift then he is home free. Wonder if the neighbors saw anything.

Hope this mother of two babies is found soon and that she is alright.

I thought it meant that the relative didn't want to tell the reporter what the phone call was about - I presume that s/he told the authorities what the conversation was about.

This woman must be so very slender to be 5'7" and only weigh 107.

I hope that they have interviewed her co-workers, I wonder if they know something.

This is so sad, I hope her kids are okay.

wondering22 said:
I thought it meant that the relative didn't want to tell the reporter what the phone call was about - I presume that s/he told the authorities what the conversation was about.

This woman must be so very slender to be 5'7" and only weigh 107.

I hope that they have interviewed her co-workers, I wonder if they know something.

This is so sad, I hope her kids are okay.

That may have been what it was....she didn't want to tell the reporter anything. More power to her...she did the right thing then.

She IS thin for being 5'7".....in the picture of her I had the impression that she was short for some reason. She is sure a cute gal.

I wish we would hear something on this case. Most mothers won't just leave and not take their children with them. To leave them home alone until the husband got home at 10:00 am doesn't sound right at all. Anything could have happened to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back