1089 users online (228 members and 861 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Michael Olsen, 23, Galesburg, Jan 2006

Police, family search for missing Galesburg man

Posted: Jan 27, 2006

GALESBURG, Illinois -- Police in Galesburg are looking for a man who has been missing now for four days. Michael Olsen, 23, was last spotted near the intersection of Main and Prarie just out Billards on Main.

His father, Steve Olsen says he became concerned when his son did not show up for work on Wednesday.

Olson lived just a few blocks from the bar and had walked to the downtown area Sunday night. Witnesses say he had been drinking the night he disappeared--so much that the bartender cut him off.

Olson was last seen around closing time, just outside of the bar at 1:00 a.m. His whereabouts after that remain a mystery to police and his parents.

Galesburg Police Chief John Schlaf is interviewing patrons within the bar. So far no leads. Nothing in Olson's home was taken father says son calls him nearly every day.

"He would know that we were worried about him,” said his father, Steve. “He's really reliable and I'm just at a loss. We just want him back, that's it. We just him back."

Olson's last known whereabouts were near the O.T. Johnson Building shortly before it caught fire. Police say they have not established a connection between the two incidents.

Police say they are investigating and interviewing patrons that were at the bar. If you have any information you are asked to call crimestoppers at (309) 344-0044

Photo at link:

I wonder if he ended up getting into a vehicle with someone that he wouldn't have gone with if he had been sober. Maybe he did and something happened to him. Hopefully he is just off somewhere and is alright. I sure hope so anyway.

i bet they find him in the river.....

Quote Originally Posted by jodierenee
    i bet they find him in the river.....
    I'm with you on that one. That's the first place I'd be looking.....

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeHater
    I'm with you on that one. That's the first place I'd be looking.....
    In Mn there was several who disapeared & they found them in the river. Same scenario.......

Search for man ongoing
    Cell phone records yield no clues

Monday, January 30, 2006

GALESBURG - The Galesburg Police Department has not turned up any leads as to what happened to a Galesburg man who disappeared early Jan. 23.

Michael D. Olson, 23, was last seen about 30 minutes before the fire that destroyed the former O.T. Johnson building, 125 E. Main St., was reported. According to family members he spent Sunday evening shooting pool at Billiards on Main and stepped inside Papa John's, 120 E. Main St., just before 1 a.m. to use the bathroom.

"We are continuing to explore a possible connection with his disappearance and the fire," Galesburg

Police Capt. Lindsey May said today. "We continue to investigate any contacts he may have made with anyone before or after the fire, including cell phone records."

Michael Olson's father, Steven Olson, said this morning he has heard nothing new about his missing son.

"There are about 900 rumors out there," he said, but as far as he knows, rumors about calls from his son's cell phone after the fire are not true.

"Nothing of any value has come from an investigation of the cell phone records," GPD Lt. Dave Clague said just before press time today.

Body identified as Michael Olson

Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006

GALESBURG -- Police have identified a body found in the rubble of a Galesburg fire as missing 23 year old, Michael Olson.

The Peoria medical examiner determined Olson's cause of death as smoke inhalation with no evidence of foul play.

Olson was reported missing around the same time the fire broke out at the former OT Johnson building last month.

Thanks for the update four boys.

Wondering if he went into building to see if anyone was inside?

Sad....thoughts with his family and friends.