Found Safe IN - Newborn placed into safe haven baby box at Coolspring fire station - 2017 & 2018

Bohemian

Reaction score
Some good news (for a change):

Hour-old newborn placed into safe haven baby box at fire station
Yahoo7 News
12:30pm AEDT 13 November 2017

‘When authorities were notified that a Safe Haven Baby Box in Indiana had been opened last week, they expected someone to be playing a prank and did not believe a newborn baby would be inside.’

’"I can see this sweatshirt and I seen a little bitty arm," Fire Chief Mick Pawlik told local media.

The volunteer fire chief of Coolspring Township said he thought it might have been a doll, but quickly realised it was a newborn.

"I opened it up and that baby just looked me right in the eyes."’

attachment.php

It is believed the baby was only about an hour old when it was put into the box. Source: La Porte County Sheriff's Office/Facebook

‘An alarm was received by the La Porte County 911 centre just before 10.30pm last Tuesday, and the baby had been in the box for less than five minutes before it was retrieved.’

‘"When this box was installed, we hoped that it would never be used, yet we're thankful that it exists for cases just like the one Tuesday night," said Fire Chief Pawlik.

”We are grateful that the mother had this option and made this choice, and we remain concerned for her health.”’

‘The baby was taken to hospital in Michigan City and is believed to be doing well.’

Read more at:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/37845335/hour-old-newborn-placed-into-indiana-safe-haven-baby-box/

Bless you little mama. Look after yourself x

I am so glad she did this. Thankful that she was aware there is this option. i

Hopefully the Momma can see the good in her choice.

What a blessing! Thank you, mama for choosing to keep your child safe.

I’m so glad cities have started having these “Safe Havens”. There are many, many, many cases of babies thrown on the side of the road, put in attics or basements, restaurant toilets, or simply put in the garbage. Just look through NAMUS and you will see many abandonded babies who will never have a name.

Thank God! Bless this little one and her birth mom.

I’m so glad cities have started having these “Safe Havens”. There are many, many, many cases of babies thrown on the side of the road, put in attics or basements, restaurant toilets, or simply put in the garbage. Just look through NAMUS and you will see many abandonded babies who will never have a name.

I’d much rather read a story like this one in Indy than the ones you mention, Otterly. There should be ‘Safe Haven’ baby boxes at every fire and police station and hospital emergency department. They would save a lot of children and many of us much grief.

Yahoo7 News

‘When authorities were notified that a Safe Haven Baby Box in Indiana had been opened last week, they expected someone to be playing a prank and did not believe a newborn baby would be inside.’

’"I can see this sweatshirt and I seen a little bitty arm," Fire Chief Mick Pawlik told local media.

The volunteer fire chief of Coolspring Township said he thought it might have been a doll, but quickly realised it was a newborn.

attachment.php

It is believed the baby was only about an hour old when it was put into the box. Source: La Porte County Sheriff's Office/Facebook

‘An alarm was received by the La Porte County 911 centre just before 10.30pm last Tuesday, and the baby had been in the box for less than five minutes before it was retrieved.’

‘"When this box was installed, we hoped that it would never be used, yet we're thankful that it exists for cases just like the one Tuesday night," said Fire Chief Pawlik.

”We are grateful that the mother had this option and made this choice, and we remain concerned for her health.”’

‘The baby was taken to hospital in Michigan City and is believed to be doing well.’

Read more at:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/37845335/hour-old-newborn-placed-into-indiana-safe-haven-baby-box/

Praying for Mama. Thanking God for safe havens. I can't tolerate the needless loss of one more innocent child.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yahoo7 News

RSBM.

BBM.

Thankful that she took this option and I hope she is ok. This always makes me wonder what situation Mom is in. I cannot imagine what that would felt like opening that box and seeing that little baby in there.

2nd newborn found in Indiana fire station's baby box: 'I was happy, ecstatic to hear the crying'

For the second time in five months, someone anonymously placed a newborn in the station’s box, one of two in the state. The box, fire officials said, worked as it was supposed to, setting off a medical alarm on firefighters’ pagers when it was opened and keeping the baby warm and secure for the brief period of time until someone arrived at the station and, more importantly, protecting the identity of the person who dropped off the child.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-ptb-baby-box-infant-found-st-0410-story.html

Thank you mother for giving your child a chance.

We have those baby boxes here in Poland too, they're called "windows of life". I'm so happy these things exist and that the parents who don't want/can't keep their baby can leave their little one in a safe place.

2nd newborn found in Indiana fire station's baby box: 'I was happy, ecstatic to hear the crying'

For the second time in five months, someone anonymously placed a newborn in the station’s box, one of two in the state. The box, fire officials said, worked as it was supposed to, setting off a medical alarm on firefighters’ pagers when it was opened and keeping the baby warm and secure for the brief period of time until someone arrived at the station and, more importantly, protecting the identity of the person who dropped off the child.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-ptb-baby-box-infant-found-st-0410-story.html

Thanks for posting this JG. So lovely to hear that this initiative is still saving little ones lives. Thank you too, little Mama. I pray that God will bless your life and help your heart to heal from your loss x

Praise the Lord! We need more of these places. The babies need a chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas