Bill Gates Pledges 900 MILLION!!!

Holy cow, that's a lot of money. I had no idea that tuberculosis was still so prevalent.

Go Bill!

I read this earlier today. I think it is awesome. :angel:

It is awesome but I wish he would donate money to build homes for the Gulf Coast that was torn up by Katrina. That would give a lot of people there homes back.

I think the Gates Foundation focuses on causes that are very important yet under supported. So many think that tuberculosis is gone yet in some very overlooked areas of the world it is still devestating....

Or hunger...or extreme poverty...

If someone like the Gates make a donation like that it draws attention to the problem and opens up our eyes.

I applaud them....

:laugh: :laugh: This puts Gates right up there with Michael Jackson another known for his huge charitable donations.:D

Linda7NJ said:
:laugh: :laugh: This puts Gates right up there with Michael Jackson another known for his huge charitable donations.:D

Ummm...are you comparing Bill Gates and Michael Jackson? :waitasec:

lynie

Becba said:
It is awesome but I wish he would donate money to build homes for the Gulf Coast that was torn up by Katrina. That would give a lot of people there homes back.

Nobody should have to donate money to rebuild those homes; it should either be insurance or govt. help. IMO. Some of those people are still having to pay their mortgages.

Linda7NJ said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060127..._health_tb_dc_4

Microsoft Corp's founder Bill Gates pledged $900 million to fight tuberculosis on Friday, kick-starting a $31 billion funding drive against a disease which kills one person every 15 seconds.
That's , what, a month's pay for Gates? At least he's spending his money on someone besides himself, like his dad asked him to on his deathbed.

BillyGoatGruff said:
That's , what, a month's pay for Gates? At least he's spending his money on someone besides himself, like his dad asked him to on his deathbed.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, as my Mom always said.

I am sure that if any of us had Bill Gates money we would be doing the same thing. This is what he should do. I won't put him on a pedestal nor will I discount the responsibility. If he chooses one charity over another that is his perogative. The responsibility is in the fact that if we can, we should. The choice of where it should go is his. Ability with heartfelt reactions.

I admire Bill & Melinda Gates... Its their money & they have a choice..to give what ever % they choose to make the world a better place. Putting their money where their mouths are! We should do more of that. Its the caring not how much you have.....$.900 M , % from me should be.....$90... :waitasec:

I applaud Bill Gates giving this donation. I know people making $100,000 a year that won't give 9 cents to a charity.

BillyGoatGruff said:

So, what charities have you donated a month's pay to lately?

lynie said:
Ummm...are you comparing Bill Gates and Michael Jackson? :waitasec:

lynie
yeah....and laughing like hell while I did it!

Linda7NJ said:
yeah....and laughing like hell while I did it!

I know I am one to talk but sometimes your posts are harsh.Please be succinct. I know you are a caring person and I don't want you or me to ever be miscontrued.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back