1032 users online (182 members and 850 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,351

    IL - Kaitlyn 'Katie' Kearns, 24, Joliet, 11 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

    JOLIET, IL - A young woman who works as a bartender at Woody's Bar, 1008 East Washington Street, has vanished and many of her close friends are concerned about her safety.

    Her friends say the 24-year-old Mokena resident worked in Joliet until around midnight on Sunday night at Woody's, but nobody has seen or heard from her since. She never made it home from work. Her Jeep has not been located. Her presence on social media is dormant.

    "She was a no call no show from both of her jobs, Cafe Miele of Orland Park and Woody's of Joliet. Her phone goes right to voicemail. She has not been in contact with any friends or family and has not been on any social media."

    License Plate No. Illinois ZX3 3462 or 7X3 3462 {it's hard to see in the picture at the link}

    Another friend provided Patch with this photo of Kearns' Jeep, which is a 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo. It's tan-gray with a Chicago Cubs World Series sticker on the back window, the friend noted.

    Kearns stands 4-foot-11, weighs 90 to 100 pounds. She has blue eyes, she was driving the Jeep, which also has not been located. She has a warrior tattoo on her right forearm.

    "She always checks in with someone. And she has her dog Cora that she loves like a child and she would NEVER leave her dog!!!

    "She was supposed to work Monday at 9 a.m. at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and then she was supposed to be back at Woody's Monday night and did not show to either. She was also scheduled to open today Tuesday at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and did not show or call," Brunette-Lowry said.

    The number for the Joliet Police Department is (815) 724-3100.

    https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/joliet-bartender-katie-kearns-has-gone-missing-friends-say










    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,495
    Curious if the Woodys Bar mentioned is a "gentlemans club"? We have one in Iowa by that name. If so it would move foul play up my list a bit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers16 View Post
    Curious if the Woodys Bar mentioned is a "gentlemans club"? We have one in Iowa by that name. If so it would move foul play up my list a bit.
    I'm not sure~~I saw the missing person article posted on FB.
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,351
    Look's like Woody's Bar has had someone shot in the parking lot back in July, 2015.

    I wonder if it could be related?

    https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/di...-crime-scene-0
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  5. #5
    My first thought is that she met someone to buy something from or hook up with after leaving work and that's when she disappeared.

    Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21,166
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    JOLIET, IL - A young woman who works as a bartender at Woody's Bar, 1008 East Washington Street, has vanished and many of her close friends are concerned about her safety.

    Her friends say the 24-year-old Mokena resident worked in Joliet until around midnight on Sunday night at Woody's, but nobody has seen or heard from her since. She never made it home from work. Her Jeep has not been located. Her presence on social media is dormant.

    "She was a no call no show from both of her jobs, Cafe Miele of Orland Park and Woody's of Joliet. Her phone goes right to voicemail. She has not been in contact with any friends or family and has not been on any social media."

    License Plate No. Illinois ZX3 3462 or 7X3 3462 {it's hard to see in the picture at the link}

    Another friend provided Patch with this photo of Kearns' Jeep, which is a 1996 Grand Cherokee Laredo. It's tan-gray with a Chicago Cubs World Series sticker on the back window, the friend noted.

    Kearns stands 4-foot-11, weighs 90 to 100 pounds. She has blue eyes, she was driving the Jeep, which also has not been located. She has a warrior tattoo on her right forearm.

    "She always checks in with someone. And she has her dog Cora that she loves like a child and she would NEVER leave her dog!!!

    "She was supposed to work Monday at 9 a.m. at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and then she was supposed to be back at Woody's Monday night and did not show to either. She was also scheduled to open today Tuesday at Cafe Miele of Orland Park and did not show or call," Brunette-Lowry said.

    The number for the Joliet Police Department is (815) 724-3100.

    https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/joliet-bartender-katie-kearns-has-gone-missing-friends-say










    Worrisome...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,953
    Her friends say she worked in Joliet until around midnight on Sunday night at Woody's, but nobody has seen or heard from her since. She never made it home from work. Her Jeep has not been located. Her presence on social media is dormant.

    She was a no call no show from both of her jobs, Cafe Miele of Orland Park and Woody's of Joliet.

    https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/jo...ng-friends-say

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    valparaiso in
    Posts
    2,333
    https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/jo...ng-friends-say

    Article says she lives with father and sister.
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lost in the desert
    Posts
    2,556
    I have a bad feeling with this one. Hope she's off with someone.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,953
    A friend called the bar where she works and someone there said they saw Kearns leaving the bar Sunday night, possibly with a man.

    http://www.wjol.com/friend-missing-m...-publics-help/


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    D/FW
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers16 View Post
    Curious if the Woodys Bar mentioned is a "gentlemans club"? We have one in Iowa by that name. If so it would move foul play up my list a bit.
    Looking at the pictures of the bar, it is very small and is in what appears to be an old single garage gas station, that leads me to believe its just a dive bar. Places like that usually have a crowd of regulars.

  12. #12
    https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiec...46952972277540




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,250
    traffic accident? Trying to look at some maps (making them is certainly not my forte but I am good at looking at them, lol)...
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    traffic accident? Trying to look at some maps (making them is certainly not my forte but I am good at looking at them, lol)...
    I'll try to help out~~what points on the map do you want to reference? I also have a reporter {friend} in the area at the Patch. I'm sure he would help out as well.
    Pedant here, please share your sources. TIA

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    785
    Katie's FB
    https://www.facebook.com/katie.kearns.14


    I started a map, but if someone else wants to do it, I'll stop working on it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe IL - Dominique Brooks, 19, Joliet, 29 Oct 2017
    By LisaWL7TR in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2017, 09:21 AM

Tags for this Thread