VA - Susan Patton for student sex abuse, Wytheville, 2006

curious_mom

Verified Insider
Reaction score
http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSLS/MGArticle/SLS_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137833699912

Wythe County Deputies pull up to the house of 41 year old Susan Patton to arrest her for charges of having sex with one of her students.

Patton taught 7th grade English in Wytheville. Investigators tell us on Wednesday, the mom of a 13 year old boy at Scott Memorial Middle School, came to them with concerns about instant messages between her son and Patton.

Investigator Eddie Williams: She started noticing the instant messages between the two a few months ago and started printing them.

According to a search warrant obtained by News Channel Ten:

"Along with the report were copies of instant messaging communications between the two. Karen Susan Patton stated during an interview that hokie_patton was indeed her (screen name). Also submitted was a handwritten letter that appears to reference a sexual relationship. Ms. Patton stated that the letter appeared to be her handwriting. "

Video with picture of accused can be found here: http://www.wsls.com/
Scroll down and click on link on right side of screen on Teacher Sex Charges

Yet another one! This is becoming the norm. Disgusting.

SewingDeb said:
Yet another one! This is becoming the norm. Disgusting.

It is disgusting. What in the world is the matter with all of these women anyway? This boy was in the 7th grade? She has a 13 yr old son? He sure must be proud of his mother :loser: Poor kid is probably ashamed to show his face in school.

It's not only the women lately but the male teachers too but it seems that the women are out numbering the males. One of the problems is that these teachers aren't being sent to prison. I think that Mary Kay LeT. was the last teacher that was sent to prison for having sex with a student. Now all of a sudden we have this rush of teachers having sex with students.

I wonder if this teacher will be to "beautiful" to go to prison :furious:

Wytheville police filed seven additional charges Tuesday against former Scott Memorial Middle School teacher Susan Patton.

Six of the charges involved having alleged sex with two more students.

Patton was charged with having sex with a boy under the age of 14, having oral sex with a boy under the age of 14, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor on January 27th.

Six of the additional charges stem from alleged encounters with two other boys, one in July of 2004, and the other one month later, in August.

http://www.wsls.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSLS/MGArticle/SLS_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137834416716

This woman is just sick, sick, sick.

Karen Susan Patton

No Contest Plea
Sentence Date: 06/26/2007

Offenses:
2 counts Carnal Knowledge
1 count Non-Forcible Sodomy

Sentence: 3 years 11 months

Projected Release Date: 11/08/2010

OMG! My own son will be entering the 7th grade this fall....I would have KILLED her! Good grief! I can't even imagine....

Karen Susan Patton

No Contest Plea
Sentence Date: 06/26/2007

Offenses:
2 counts Carnal Knowledge
1 count Non-Forcible Sodomy

Sentence: 3 years 11 months

Projected Release Date: 11/08/2010

It is my opinion that Courts do not take the woman child molester seriously. There is still that 'double-standard' that boys are okay with this. Until it can be shown that it is harmful to the child, these perps are never going to get the sentences they deserve.

We need to see a serious, scientific study on the effects on male children, over 10 years in age, that have been molested by their female teacher. Something that could be cited in legal docs and something done under the supervision of a well respected psychologist, kwim?

We had a case in our County and the woman didn't even go to jail. Some silly nonsense about house arrest for a couple of months and maybe some classes or something :furious:

Maybe I could write to Psychology Today and ask if they would do a study?

ETA: I'm going to go google and see what is out there.

Must be something in the water there!!!!

CHRISTIANSBURG - A Christiansburg High School teacher faces charges that she had a sexual relationship with a now former student.

Town of Christiansburg Police arrested 34-year-old Diana Canter, and charged her late Tuesday with eight counts of “custodial sexual intercourse” with a minor.

(snipped)

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local..._charged_with_having_sex_with_student/112644/

I have seen a huge disparagement between sexual abuse cases involving women and those involving men. The penalties are very light or non-existent for women. It's very unfair to the children being assaulted. It's not okay for women to assault male children and the courts need to get with the program and start sentencing appropriately.

those are two charges I've never heard of before
I won't pretend to understand them ...

those are two charges I've never heard of before
I won't pretend to understand them ...

Carnal Knowledge is the nice ladylike way of saying Sexual Assault. I believe technically it means to know someone is a sexual way. It also carries a lighter penalty. Non-forcible sodomy is oral sex. She should have been charged, convicted and sentenced for Sexual Assault, period.

If I hear of one more sexual assault/rape case referred to as 'a sexual relationship' I am going to blow a gasket. Assault and/or rape does not infer a relationship, if infers force and/or coercion. Even court documents refer to it in that manner and they should know better. It nauseates me when they use this term to describe an assault on a child. A child cannot have a 'sexual relationship' with an adult. I've even seen them use the term for a 10-year-old girl who was impregnated by her mom's boyfriend. Rant over.

Ya know, when I was in high school....sex with teachers was pretty darn common. No, I don't think it harmed the 16-17-18 year old boys. If anything it elevated them in status and they thoroughly enjoyed the conquest. The girls...well in all honesty, they were the ones that relentlessly pursued the male teachers.

At Least that's the way I perceived it. But elementary school children? So even in my mind there is a huge difference.

But now having a child of my own.....I find it all DISPICABLE and believe adults should be able to exercise restraint and if they don't a crime has indeed been committed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back