Found Deceased WI - Byron Reece, 33, Eau Claire, 10 Nov 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
ETA- No last seen place or date but the area and the date his property was found.

Eau Claire police are conducting a missing person investigation involving Byron R. Reece, whose personal property was found in Putnam Park on Nov. 10, 2017.

Reece, 33, is not affiliated with UW-Eau Claire, however his acquaintances have not seen or heard from him for several days.

UW-Eau Claire Police would like to make contact with Reece to check on his welfare and return his personal property.

http://www.wqow.com/story/36852224/2017/11/15/uw-eau-claire-police-seek-help-in-finding-missing-man

a181260391d54c8f31a2282effc6e5be.jpg

2nd Adult Male missing in Eau Claire.

A 30 minute/1.5 mile walking distance from where Brenden was last seen walking.
078599b44e181c661cab513728eeb14e.jpg

Unfortunately, by the river!
Yes, Brenden was very close to the river.

Byron not as close. It is just concerning to me that supposely 2 adult males have gone missing so close of each other in less than a month.

ETA The red map marker is where Brenden went missing and the gray dots lead to where Byron's personal belongings were found without him.

Bumping!
It is very concerning to me that 2 Adult males went missing 1.5 miles from each other approximately 2 weeks apart.

Really bad feeling he is gone after hearing the gossip around my city and looking at his fb. :( MOO.

According to Altoona Police Chief Jesse James, a kayaker found the body at approximately 11:24 a.m. on Friday November 24, 2017.

Our ABC affiliate WQOW in Eau Claire asked the chief if this was one of the people missing from the Eau Claire area. James said he did not feel comfortable saying anything, but added, "Hopefully we can give some family peaceful resolution, if it is one of the missing bodies."

He said he doesn't believe the public is in any danger, and hopes to have an identification with a week, but there is no firm timetable set.

http://www.waow.com/story/36920304/2017/11/Friday/body-found-in-eau-claire-river

I'm having a hard time breathing, this is really freaking me the **** out. One of the 2 missing guys (Mind you a 3rd male just got pulled out of one of the rivers). Went missing in the Putnam Park area, where they found that 20 some year old twinky male, dead, in a puddle, from freshwater drowning, after drinking the equivalent of maybe 2 beers? Cause yaknow, you just fall face first into a puddle, and decide to just not get back up, or can;t, after 2 beers. There were no injuries or head trauma and this kid wasn't the first weird one like this but the first to actually unnerve me. (That happened sometime in 2013 or 2014 I think, MAYBE 2015)

Mind you other incidents have been happening. In Dehmler Park, which is, coincidentally within the same 2-3 mile radius, they found 2 boxes, one containing 2 mutilated cats and one containing 21 decapitated guinea pig heads.

The Putnam university trail is also just terrifying period at night, no houses, just steep wooded hills on one side and swamp puddles on the other, pitch black, no lights, and its miles long, if you had to run from somebody or yell for help down there, you wouldn't have good odds. I don;t take that trail at night anymore, my phone almost died one night not long after they found that one kid in the general Putnam Park area!

Anyways this is too real to me. Nobody talks about how Eau Claire, is lower on the "Drunkest Cities In The World" listing, than some other cities, with higher populations, and more or less the same river average, but 2-3x as many drownings as those cities... :/ The general public might suck at math but, even though I also do, that math doesn't add up to me.

Anybody else who can add information not just on the current missing people but any previous ones from the last 2-3 years that have potentially happened in the same radius, this would be helpful information! This is becoming a very real and serious issue and if our investigative forces aren't gonna take it seriously and are gonna keep lying to the public about there being no danger to the community then maybe we should!

I'm having a hard time breathing, this is really freaking me the **** out. One of the 2 missing guys (Mind you a 3rd male just got pulled out of one of the rivers). Went missing in the Putnam Park area, where they found that 20 some year old twinky male, dead, in a puddle, from freshwater drowning, after drinking the equivalent of maybe 2 beers? Cause yaknow, you just fall face first into a puddle, and decide to just not get back up, or can;t, after 2 beers. There were no injuries or head trauma and this kid wasn't the first weird one like this but the first to actually unnerve me. (That happened sometime in 2013 or 2014 I think, MAYBE 2015)

Mind you other incidents have been happening. In Dehmler Park, which is, coincidentally within the same 2-3 mile radius, they found 2 boxes, one containing 2 mutilated cats and one containing 21 decapitated guinea pig heads.

The Putnam university trail is also just terrifying period at night, no houses, just steep wooded hills on one side and swamp puddles on the other, pitch black, no lights, and its miles long, if you had to run from somebody or yell for help down there, you wouldn't have good odds. I don;t take that trail at night anymore, my phone almost died one night not long after they found that one kid in the general Putnam Park area!

Anyways this is too real to me. Nobody talks about how Eau Claire, is lower on the "Drunkest Cities In The World" listing, than some other cities, with higher populations, and more or less the same river average, but 2-3x as many drownings as those cities... :/ The general public might suck at math but, even though I also do, that math doesn't add up to me.

Anybody else who can add information not just on the current missing people but any previous ones from the last 2-3 years that have potentially happened in the same radius, this would be helpful information! This is becoming a very real and serious issue and if our investigative forces aren't gonna take it seriously and are gonna keep lying to the public about there being no danger to the community then maybe we should!
Welcome to Websleuths.
I am very concerned that these 2 young men are still missing as I have noted upthread.
Sadly they could have both drowned.
I still continue to think they may have been targeted by someone.

These remind me of all the young men who have been out partying near colleges being found in the river. Animal mutilation is very concerning. It can be a prelim to humans. I'm from the St. Paul area and everyone has been to Eau Claire. Beautiful place! But, it seems like everyone that is going there is going for a drinking adventure. Well, at least the people I knew.

Welcome to Websleuths.
I am very concerned that these 2 young men are still missing as I have noted upthread.
Sadly they could have both drowned.
I still continue to think they may have been targeted by someone.

I remember hearing a story back in 2013 about one of the drowning victims back then (Keep in mind this has been going on for over 5+ years, and its not an impossible theory, the UK has a 'quarry pusher' at large!), the last anybody heard from them they were supposodely walking down 1st avenue, that same dreaded stretch that seems to be conveniently taking our college students away, they'd made a call out supposodely saying they felt like they were being followed and they were hiding in a bush or something. Not to mention they've combed the water so many times looking for Mares (Who they found finally!) But they haven't found the other 2 yet? They also LITERALLY missed Schrodinger's body near his abandoned vehicle using 3 types of dogs (which I find hard to believe).

What really unnerves me is they found the one guy's cloths, like, why? Who skinny dips in November? Was he engaging in sexual activities when he disappeared? Did the dogs have any leads, did they use dogs? I don't like all the weird **** that's been going on in and around my home-town lately. Its ironic, I was NEVER afraid to walk home alone at night as a kid, maybe a little. As an adult here in EC? I can't stop looking over my back and at bushes just waiting for somebody to jump out and try wrestling me into the river or something. ):

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back