761 users online (107 members and 654 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 405

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,619

    Senator Al Franken accused of unwanted kissing/groping

    Sen. Al Franken accused of kissing and groping broadcaster Leeann Tweeden without her consent

    The incident, Tweeden said, took place back stage when the two were practicing their lines for a skit Franken wrote. The comedian, Tweeden said, had insisted the skit include a kiss but she did not want to go through with it.

    "I felt disgusted and violated," Tweeden said. "Not long after, I performed the skit as written, carefully turning my head so he couldnít kiss me on the lips." Yet she did not report what happened. "At the time I didnít want to cause trouble," she said. "We were in the middle of a war zone."

    Tweeden also said Franken groped her while she was sleeping during the flight home, which she only discovered by reviewing a photograph on a CD of images from the trip. The photo featured her asleep and Franken holding her breasts.

    "I couldnít believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep," she writes. "I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think itís funny?"

    Photo evidence at the link

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent/870097001/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,166
    Senator Al Franken Accused of Groping a Woman in 2006

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/u...e-kissing.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,916
    Quote Originally Posted by scmom View Post
    Senator Al Franken Accused of Groping a Woman in 2006

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/u...e-kissing.html
    I am not the least bit surprised. Personally, I have never liked this man and dislike him even more now.

    I bet there have been cases involving men that were molested or groped by female directors, producers, actors, CEOs, etc. too but men rarely come out publicly to say they have been assaulted/molested or sexually harassed by a female. They are the least likely group to ever tell anyone.

    I have seen it happen a few times over the years in the workplace by other females who were bosses from grabbing the man's butt, pinching their nipple to grabbing their private area, and pushing their bodies into the man's body imitating the sex act. And this was done in a large company and none of them ever reported it. The men cringed with embarrassment, but remained silent, and didn't report it to HR.
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 11-16-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,116
    Yet another one...... Disgusting, why do so many men see women as mere sex objects?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Yet another one...... Disgusting, why do so many men see women as mere sex objects?
    this could be a topic for a whole other thread IMO. But I saw a graphic recently, with Pepe Le Pew - remember that character? - and how his exploits way back then (debuted in 1945) were all about trying to get that girl skunk, and the way he would "assault" her in his pursuit. The caption was something like, "we have been teaching our kids this for so many years..."

    I appreciated seeing that and wish I could find it to share here. My apologies if it was indeed someone on WS who posted it - I want to give credit where it is due!
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Yet another one...... Disgusting, why do so many men see women as mere sex objects?
    Because women have allowed it. Hopefully this stops now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    2,254
    Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post
    Because women have allowed it. Hopefully this stops now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I disagree with your wording. I see this more of a "women stayed silent and expected that this was par for the course" and didn't fight it. I hope women are no longer silent. I hope other women are encouraging that their peers speak up rather than judging or saying that a "woman asked for it" when something occurs.
    Violence diminishes our humanity. ~Coretta Scott King

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,689
    Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post
    Because women have allowed it. Hopefully this stops now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is a blanket statement and unfair, imo.

    Some women perhaps allowed it. Some women put up with it. Some women hated it but accepted it. Some women complained. Some women were ignored. Some women were scared. Some women were unaffected. Some women denied it. Some women used it. Some women were destroyed by it. Some women lost jobs. Some women pressed charges. Some women were silenced. Some women rose above it. Some women struck out on their own. Some women gave up. Some women fought back.

    The crimes happened because someone committed them....not because they were allowed to commit them.

    We agree it's time for it to stop.

    jmopinion, might not match yours.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,354

    Senator Al Frankin accused of unwanted kissing/groping

    Quote Originally Posted by Inthedetails View Post
    That is a blanket statement and unfair, imo.

    Some women perhaps allowed it. Some women put up with it. Some women hated it but accepted it. Some women complained. Some women were ignored. Some women were scared. Some women were unaffected. Some women denied it. Some women used it. Some women were destroyed by it. Some women lost jobs. Some women pressed charges. Some women were silenced. Some women rose above it. Some women struck out on their own. Some women gave up. Some women fought back.

    The crimes happened because someone committed them....not because they were allowed to commit them.

    We agree it's time for it to stop.

    jmopinion, might not match yours.
    I agree, it was a rash blanket statement. I should have said ďtoo many women let it happenĒ.. Iím talking about the ones that allowed it. Said nothing, laughed about it, thought it was no big deal, etc. Like it or not, women not reporting it, not fighting it, not talking about it, only led to more abuse. Obviously these jerks should have never done what they have done. However, sadly and disturbingly, these men took advantage of womenís silence and fear.

    Thankfully, NOW is the time theyíre banding together to finally say ENOUGH! Standing up to these entitled a-holes and perverts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,215
    How do any of these predators look at their children and not feel overwhelming shame and self loathing? Maybe they do, I don't know. This is also what happens in a society where women aren't valued as important as men economically. It's just another signal to society that men are more deserving of power and agency than women in general. No wonder women can't achieve equality in this country when millions of people will still vote for known sexual predators... It's one thing to vote for someone when you don't know, but look at all the men who are still being championed even when their assault history IS known???? That's some pretty sick self disrespect on the part of women who continue to put these men in power to make decisions which directly affect women themselves.


  11. #11
    EuTuCroquet?'s Avatar
    EuTuCroquet? is offline This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,145
    Respectfully, victims don't "allow" assault to happen. Legally, assault is what happened when Franken grabbed, forcefully kissed, touched and grabbed women. As I'm sure we're all seeing now, this behavior is all too common from all too many people in positions of power.

    Women are grabbed and assaulted because they're sex objects ó because men feel entitled to do it. That's assault. Maybe battery. I'm assuming "women allowed it" might mean "because women didn't go to the cops." But to be completely honest here, we don't know what they did as far as reporting it, at least in most cases in the MSM right now. Because Franken is/was a comedian, and comedy has long been a boys' club, and grabbing and touching "objects" (women) without their consent was considered hi-lar-i-ous. IMO.

    We probably can assume, though, that they at least talked to and warned each other. They are victims. They didn't "allow" this to happen to them.

    Women played along because they didn't want to be considered "hysterical b-tches." To do so would jeopardize their own careers and the potential of other women to "make it" in that business. I bet, like many in such situations where there are similar abuses of power, most had to "accept" that's just the way it is: Put up, shut up, deal with it or leave. There was no other "reasonable" recourse.

    Those were the rules. I hope they're changing for the better!!

    Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post
    Because women have allowed it. Hopefully this stops now.
    Last edited by EuTuCroquet?; 11-17-2017 at 11:35 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by EuTuCroquet? View Post
    Respectfully, victims don't "allow" assault to happen. Legally, assault is what happened when Franken grabbed, forcefully kissed, touched and grabbed women. As I'm sure we're all seeing now, this behavior is all too common from all too many people in positions of power.

    Women are grabbed and assaulted because they're sex objects — because men feel entitled to do it. That's assault. Maybe battery. I'm assuming "women allowed it" might mean "because women didn't go to the cops." But to be completely honest here, we don't know what they did as far as reporting it, at least in most cases in the MSM right now. Because Franken is/was a comedian, and comedy has long been a boys' club, and grabbing and touching "objects" (women) without their consent was considered hi-lar-i-ous. IMO.

    We probably can assume, though, that they at least talked to and warned each other. They are victims. They didn't "allow" this to happen to them.

    Women played along because they didn't want to be considered "hysterical b-tches." To do so would jeopardize their own careers and the potential of other women to "make it" in that business. I bet, like many in such situations where there are similar abuses of power, most had to "accept" that's just the way it is: Put up, shut up, deal with it or leave. There was no other "reasonable" recourse.

    Those were the rules. I hope they're changing for the better!!
    Respectfully, I don't think those have been "the rules" for a very long time. Certainly this wasn't acceptable when the photograph was taken. I am younger than Franken but have never been under the impression that what he did to this woman was ever acceptable in any way, even for laughs. Because frankly it isn't very funny.

  13. #13
    EuTuCroquet?'s Avatar
    EuTuCroquet? is offline This may be the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves. ~ HST
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Respectfully, I don't think those have been "the rules" for a very long time. Certainly this wasn't acceptable when the photograph was taken. I am younger than Franken but have never been under the impression that what he did to this woman was ever acceptable in any way, even for laughs. Because frankly it isn't very funny.
    Itís been that way for a long, long time in comedy. And I agree, it isnít funny.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,619
    The victim got a call from another woman who said something similar happened to her


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    The victim got a call from another woman who said something similar happened to her

    Okay, here we go..........the flood gates will open now on Franken.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MD - 13-year-old boy charged after kissing kissing girl, 14, for a dare
    By zwiebel in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 04:23 AM
  2. SD police officer accused of groping freed on bail
    By zwiebel in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 02:18 PM
  3. Woman Accused of Groping Santa
    By Squishified in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
  4. NOT GUILTY FL - Tigger accused of groping 13yo girl at Walt Disney World, 21 Feb 2004
    By Casshew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 10:25 AM
  5. Man, 21, accused of serial foot kissing
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 08:51 PM