1300 users online (231 members and 1069 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Senator Al Franken accused of unwanted kissing/groping

Sen. Al Franken accused of kissing and groping broadcaster Leeann Tweeden without her consent

The incident, Tweeden said, took place back stage when the two were practicing their lines for a skit Franken wrote. The comedian, Tweeden said, had insisted the skit include a kiss but she did not want to go through with it.

"I felt disgusted and violated," Tweeden said. "Not long after, I performed the skit as written, carefully turning my head so he couldnít kiss me on the lips." Yet she did not report what happened. "At the time I didnít want to cause trouble," she said. "We were in the middle of a war zone."

Tweeden also said Franken groped her while she was sleeping during the flight home, which she only discovered by reviewing a photograph on a CD of images from the trip. The photo featured her asleep and Franken holding her breasts.

"I couldnít believe it. He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep," she writes. "I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think itís funny?"

Photo evidence at the link

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ent/870097001/

Senator Al Franken Accused of Groping a Woman in 2006

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/u...e-kissing.html

Yet another one...... Disgusting, why do so many men see women as mere sex objects?

The victim got a call from another woman who said something similar happened to her

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Yet another one...... Disgusting, why do so many men see women as mere sex objects?
    this could be a topic for a whole other thread IMO. But I saw a graphic recently, with Pepe Le Pew - remember that character? - and how his exploits way back then (debuted in 1945) were all about trying to get that girl skunk, and the way he would "assault" her in his pursuit. The caption was something like, "we have been teaching our kids this for so many years..."

I appreciated seeing that and wish I could find it to share here. My apologies if it was indeed someone on WS who posted it - I want to give credit where it is due!
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Quote Originally Posted by scmom View Post
    Senator Al Franken Accused of Groping a Woman in 2006

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/u...e-kissing.html
    I am not the least bit surprised. Personally, I have never liked this man and dislike him even more now.

I bet there have been cases involving men that were molested or groped by female directors, producers, actors, CEOs, etc. too but men rarely come out publicly to say they have been assaulted/molested or sexually harassed by a female. They are the least likely group to ever tell anyone.

I have seen it happen a few times over the years in the workplace by other females who were bosses from grabbing the man's butt, pinching their nipple to grabbing their private area, and pushing their bodies into the man's body imitating the sex act. And this was done in a large company and none of them ever reported it. The men cringed with embarrassment, but remained silent, and didn't report it to HR.
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 11-16-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenista View Post
    The victim got a call from another woman who said something similar happened to her

Okay, here we go..........the flood gates will open now on Franken.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Franken issues apology to news anchor and asks for Senate to investigate, per MSNBC. This is the only way to handle true allegations as opposed to victim bashing, lying, calling claims "fake news" or "conspiracies", ie Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and now Roy Moore.
    Last edited by simba16; 11-16-2017 at 03:04 PM.

My husband gets asked by the women he works with all the time at work to do things because he is bigger and stronger and taller than they. I struggle to see how that is any different than asking a staffer to "twirl".

I started a job and a week later my bosses hired a stripper to come and surprise one of the others in the office with a dance behind closed doors for the recipient only. Later, they joked with me that they were worried what I might think or do. I thought it was funny and did not feel threatened or harassed. In highlight, it could certainly have been grounds for harassment.

Is it only harassment if the "victim" perceives it as such? Is harassment objective?
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Anyone who sexually harasses others should suffer the consequences.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    My husband gets asked by the women he works with all the time at work to do things because he is bigger and stronger and taller than they. I struggle to see how that is any different than asking a staffer to "twirl".

I started a job and a week later my bosses hired a stripper to come and surprise one of the others in the office with a dance behind closed doors for the recipient only. Later, they joked with me that they were worried what I might think or do. I thought it was funny and did not feel threatened or harassed. In highlight, it could certainly have been grounds for harassment.

Is it only harassment if the "victim" perceives it as such? Is harassment objective?
    BBM

Asking someone to reach an item on a high shelf or move a heavy box because the task is easier for them physically is the same as asking someone to twirl for the visual delight of the viewer in a workplace?!?

I see a difference.

Iíve only seen a brief clip on this so far, but I do give Franken credit for not putting blame on the alleged victim. he seems to be taking responsibility for his actions, and acknowledges if she was made uncomfortable, then he was wrong, even f he does not recall such an event occurring. Iím not sure how long ago this supposedly happened... I probably should have read the links first. Hopefully, he will now go out of his way to behave better and support women in their quest to stop such behavior.

ETA: yikes! The photograph? That changes things in my mind quite a bit. And he admitted it was real but ďdidnít know what was in his mind, except to be funnyĒ? No, no, no!
    Last edited by Spellbound; 11-16-2017 at 03:37 PM.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Franken has a raunchy past as writer, cast of SNL. I first I saw the photo today and thought he was trying to be funny but when she told details of "the kiss", yuck, that's assault.

This is all I'm going to snip from the article because it is so perverted and disgusting.

Franken once joked about child rape during a comedic roast of film director Rob Reiner. Franken laid out a scene where Reiner’s father, Carl, would invite famous friends over to rape his son.

http://www.newsweek.com/franken-joke...t-women-713678

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Horrible, I hope this finally gets everyone on the same page and people stop saying things are locker room talk. Perhaps the wall of resistance to the issues of women being grabbed by their pussies or by their breasts or being ogled when they are young teens in a pageant will finally be broken down.

It is not funny or cute no matter who says or does it. No star should be exempt
    This^ has to be the best reply ever on these threads regarding sexually inappropriate behaviors. There is no excuse, ever, for purposefully making women uncomfortable or degrading. It doesn’t matter your rank, color, gender, or even she. it is always WRONG!

the whole culture needs a swift kick in the behind.

Thank you, human.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast