Found Deceased SC - Suzette 'Suzy' Ginther, 27, Sumter County, 17 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Knox

Reaction score
SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Investigators in Sumter County are treating the discovery of Suzette Ginter's body in Manchester National Forest as a homicide.

The 27-year-old Sumter woman's body was found by a hunter on Thursday near Camp Burnt Gin.
Ginter's live-in boyfriend reported her missing on Thursday when she didn't show up to work at Petsmart on Garners Ferry Road.
The Sumter County Sheriff's Department and SLED are working together to investigate the case.
http://www.wistv.com/story/36872495...ginter-27-found-in-manchester-national-forest

Suzette Ginther, 27, was reported missing Thursday, according to the sheriff’s office. A body found in a national forest camping area later that day has been identified as Ginther by the Sumter County Coroner’s Office.

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article185257023.html

Her body was found very quickly. Let's hope they find out who did this quickly too.

A missing Cherryvale woman is now thought to be a homicide victim after her body was found in the woods Thursday, buried in a shallow, muddy grave and dead of an apparent gunshot wound.

The body of Suzette Ginther, 27, was discovered by a hunter in Manchester National Forest near Camp Burnt Gin southwest of Sumter just after 4 p.m. on Nov. 16, Deputy Ken Bell, public information officer for the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office, told The Sumter Item at the scene Friday.

The hunter – who has been cleared as a suspect – had been canvassing the swampy, hilly woods the day before for places to set up hunting cameras, Bell said. When he returned on Thursday, he noticed a raised swatch of dirt and leaves.

Ginther had been buried in a circular hole set back about 150 feet from the road that was no deeper than 18 inches.

She was reported missing earlier Thursday by her employer after she failed to show up at PetSmart in Columbia.
http://www.theitem.com/stories/body...woman-found-in-manchester-state-forest,299269

Missing Midlands woman killed from gunshot wound to the head, according to coroner

“The hunter saved us from having a missing person for months or years,” Bell said, noting the area where Ginther’s body was found is surrounded by swamps and near a sewage spillway.

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article185440948.html

The hunter who found the body had found the hole her body was buried in earlier while scouting for places to put up cameras. When he came back Thursday he saw the hole had been covered and called law enforcement. I can't believe law enforcement got such a break in finding her body.

Trying to understand the timeline.

• Suzette was reported missing Thursday 11-16 by live-in boyfriend. He was alerted by co-workers, after she failed to show up for work (Petsmart).
  • Her body was discovered Thursday, the same day she was reported missing.
  • The location is 5-6 miles from her home. Her card was also found near her body.
  • Boyfriend last known person to see Suzette, Thursday morning. He left the house and took her two kids to school.
  • Hunter who discovered her body, had been scouting the area for locations to put a game camera.
  • He visited the area prior to Thursday and noticed a sizable hole had been dug up, something that had not been done by an animal.
  • When the hunter returned to set up the cameras on Thursday, he saw the hole had been covered over, and immediately alerted law enforcement, according to Bell.
  • Suzette died of a gunshot wound to the head, two shell casings were also discovered near the body.
  • Her body was found 150ft from the end of a dirt road.
  • LE feel it's possible Ginther was alive when she was taken to where her body was discovered, and shot to death at that scene.

Is it possible someone dug that hole in advance? What a chilling thought. She was reported missing pretty quickly by her co-workers. Was there a reason for concern?

My thoughts are with Suzette's children, loved ones, and co-workers : (

Missing Midlands woman killed from gunshot wound to the head, according to coroner

“The hunter saved us from having a missing person for months or years,” Bell said, noting the area where Ginther’s body was found is surrounded by swamps and near a sewage spillway.

The hunter who found the body had found the hole her body was buried in earlier while scouting for places to put up cameras. When he came back Thursday he saw the hole had been covered and called law enforcement. I can't believe law enforcement got such a break in finding her body.

Did he in fact set up the cameras? It would be amazing if the killer was caught on camera! But, having the body discovered so quickly is amazing in itself.

jmo

[bbm]

two things:

he dug the hole in advance and then lured her there & shot her = premeditation
the hunter saw the hole dug a day prior to her being murdered = he could've possibly saved her life had he alerted LE right away

• Suzette was reported missing Thursday 11-16 by live-in boyfriend. He was alerted by co-workers, after she failed to show up for work (Petsmart).
  • The location is 5-6 miles from her home. Her card was also found near her body.
  • Boyfriend last known person to see Suzette, Thursday morning. He left the house and took her two kids to school.
  • Hunter who discovered her body, had been scouting the area for locations to put a game camera.
  • He visited the area prior to Thursday and noticed a sizable hole had been dug up, something that had not been done by an animal.
  • When the hunter returned to set up the cameras on Thursday, he saw the hole had been covered over, and immediately alerted law enforcement, according to Bell.
  • Suzette died of a gunshot wound to the head, two shell casings were also discovered near the body.
  • LE feel it's possible Ginther was alive when she was taken to where her body was discovered, and shot to death at that scene.

Is it possible someone dug that hole in advance? What a chilling thought. She was reported missing pretty quickly by her co-workers. Was there a reason for concern?

Did he in fact set up the cameras? It would be amazing if the killer was caught on camera! But, having the body discovered so quickly is amazing in itself.

jmo

He was scouting the area previous to Thursday (does not specify exactly when), and noticed the hole. He returned to the area Thursday to set up a camera, saw the hole was covered up and called LE to report.

"Two shell casings were also discovered near the body.

Ginther’s vehicle was also recovered near where her body was discovered, which is about 5 or 6 miles from her residence, according to Bell.

It’s possible that Ginther was alive when she was taken to where her body was discovered, and shot to death at that scene, said Bell. The spot where Ginther was found is about 150 yards from the end of a dirt road, and she might have been made to walk to the location rather than killed elsewhere and dumped in that spot."

[bbm]

two things:

he dug the hole in advance and then lured her there & shot her = premeditation
the hunter saw the hole dug a day prior to her being murdered = he could've possibly saved her life had he alerted LE right away

Why would you report a hole to LE? Not sure that on is own would be suspicious enough for me to report. I wouldn't assume someone was going to bury a body in it.

BBM

The bolded part stands out to me. He took her kids to school Thursday morning? Was that their regular routine? Or did he take them to school because their mom wasn't there to do it?

My hinky meter clicking!

I'd like to know who last saw her, other than the boyfriend, and when.

jmo

The boyfriend is a tattoo artist while the victim worked at petsmart, which opens at 7am. Chances are he takes the kids to school so she could take her time getting to work.

BBM

The bolded part stands out to me. He took her kids to school Thursday morning? Was that their regular routine? Or did he take them to school because their mom wasn't there to do it?

My hinky meter clicking!

I'd like to know who last saw her, other than the boyfriend, and when.

jmo

Me too, but I'm waiting for more details. At the court link I pasted upstream, it shows Suzette filed for a legal separation 4/2016. Divorce (separate filing) was final 4/17, that's pretty recent. Was it a friendly divorce?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back