MI - Sebastian Gonzalez, 5 mos, found dead in his Shelby home, 12 Dec 2005

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Baby's death ruled a homicide

People in Shelby knew five-month-old Sebastian Gonzalez had died December 12, 2005, but it wasn't until they saw the news this week most of them learned he'd been killed by infection after a sexual assault.

Police say, on the morning of December 12, the boy's father, Jaime Gonzalez, found him unresponsive in the crib about 11:30 a.m. Paramedics worked on the baby for 40 minutes but could not revive him.

Police say the five-month-old child died of bacterial sepsis - a blood infection caused by sexual penetration...

Police do have a suspect - a man who they say is not from Shelby, but who has connections to the family. The police chief says Sebastian's two-year-old brother was examined immediately after the cause of death was determined, and showed no sign of sexual assault.

:furious: :furious: :furious: A 5 month old baby ,what must he have suffered .I definately believe in castration for these if they dont get the DP .

In this case, both might be appropriate. Castration first, then the death penalty. How can anyone do this to such a sweet infant? I will never understand.

A full time mother, who is focused on her baby, would certainly notice if the child had been anally raped.

Men don't come into my home and spend real long times alone with my infants. I have three boys, and I'm thinking this wouldn't have happened on my watch.

If it did, I think I would notice long before fatal infection could set in.

I don't believe in male babysitters at all for that very reason. I notice that one of the male neighbors often babysat for them (he's not the suspect they mentioned).

Didn't this infection make him sick long before he died? Or would it just suddenly kill an infant without warning?

This world is just getting worse and worse and worse. We are hearing so much now of even infants being used by these ( cussword) monsters.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

2nd February, 2006:

Ten days after 5-month-old Sebastian James Gonzalez died, his older brother was removed from the family home after the probate court ruled it was contrary to the child's welfare to remain after his parents allowed the children to share a bedroom with a known convicted sex offender.

Sebastian Gonzalez died Dec. 12 from bacterial sepsis with septic shock, and penetrating blunt trauma anus and rectum, and the death has been ruled a homicide. Police have said the parents are not suspects in the child's death...

The petition also indicates that the time frame from the beginning of the infection and until death allowed for various people to provide, care for and observe Sebastian Gonzalez and medical attention was not sought by any caregivers including both parents...

http://m.shorelinemedia.net/oceanas...846-3a77-5482-b9cf-dffd1751e96c.html?mode=jqm

22nd March, 2006:

Further investigation into the sudden death of a 5-month-old Oceana County boy has not yet revealed what caused his death, but it did rule out homicide and sexual abuse as causes...

There is no evidence of any foul play or criminal activity, Oceana County Prosecutor Terry Shaw said this morning about the Dec. 12, 2005 death of Sebastian James Gonzalez...

The original autopsy, conducted by a pathologist in Muskegon, concluded that the infant's death was a homicide resulting from an infection caused by sexual abuse...

Shaw later asked Kent County's chief medical examiner, Dr. Stephen Cohle, to study the issue, and he said Cohle determined that there was no evidence of sexual abuse. Except for a diaper rash, Cohle said he believes that most of the findings thought to represent rectal injury are post-mortem changes...

The cause of death has not been determined at this time, but I feel it may be SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), Shaw said.

http://m.shorelinemedia.net/ludingt...bcf-b01e-51d2-87e3-011e049fbb33.html?mode=jqm

Scary stuff... LE were all set to arrest the Rso, and had named him in the press... And who would have ever believed that he was innocent, if that second medical examiner hadn't disagreed with the first?!

WTF? So did they get the 2 year old back? What were the RSO's original charges?
Why was he staying at the house and sharing a room with the kids?
So much WTF on this one.

Also Rayemonde, you ROCK.
I used to go through and bump up old cases and update them.
I just don't have time anymore... so thank you for taking the time to do it!
I want to see the follow up on these cases and know what happened.
There is just SO many I cannot remember them all...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back