Jeffrey Tambor accused of harassment - Amazon writes him out of his hit TV show

anonypotomous

Reaction score
Following allegations of sexual harassment against its star, the writers for Amazon's “Transparent” are reportedly working on writing Jeffrey Tambor's character out of Season 5.

As previously reported, the 73-year-old’s former assistant, a transgender woman named Van Barnes, made claims in a private Facebook post that detailed inappropriate behavior that Tambor allegedly engaged in while she worked with him. “I am aware that a former disgruntled assistant of mine has made a private post implying that I had acted in an improper manner toward her,” Tambor told Fox News in a statement. “I adamantly and vehemently reject and deny any and all implication and allegation that I have ever engaged in any improper behavior toward this person or any other persons I have ever worked with.”

Tambor has garnered numerous awards including Golden Globes, Emmy and SAG trophies for his role as Maura Pfefferman on “Transparent.” Now it seems the writers of the series are preparing for a situation similar to that of Netflix with “House of Cards.”

More at link:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/15/transparent-writers-reportedly-working-on-season-5-without-jeffrey-tambor.html

This saddens me as Jeffrey Tambor is a graduate of Wayne State University (Detroit) Hilberry Theatre. While I don't recall him specifically, I ushered at the Hilberry when I was in high school when Tambor was in the Hilberry Company while getting his Master's Degree. I probably saw Tambor in several shows between 1966-68.

Tom Sizemore (another thread in this forum) also attended Wayne State University as an undergraduate Theatre major. When she was in 4th grade, DD was cast as one of the Dickens' children in the Bonstelle Theatre production of A Christmas Carol in which Sizemore played Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Sounds like he is trying to save face here by denying the allegations and making it sound like it's his decision to leave the show - (BBM)
[FONT=&amp]

"Facing two accusations of sexual harassment by members of theTransparent team that he has strongly denied, Jeffery Tambor today has decided not to return to the Amazon series.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
“Playing Maura Pfefferman on Transparent has been one of the greatest privileges and creative experiences of my life,” the Emmy winning actor told Deadline on Sunday. “What has become clear over the past weeks, however, is that this is no longer the job I signed up for four years ago,” Tambor added of his role as the lead on the Jill Soloway created show."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/j...fter-sexual-harassment-allegations/ar-BBFd54P

** [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have no idea what the investigation would have revealed, but Jeffrey Tambor has quit "Transparent." I don't think it's unfair of him to state that the set had become "politicized" — after all, his co-star who had accused him of sexually harassing her on the set (in such a way that no one saw because she was in a corner; his ex-assistant had alleged graphic comments) had already said they should just fire him and not let a "cis man" ruin the show. I think when you come forwa[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rd and state an agenda like that, it muddies the waters. I agree that non-trans people in trans roles is already very antiquated just 3 years after the show debuted, but that issue should not be mixed in with the serious issue of alleged harassing behavior. Also, the show wouldn't exist without Tambor, so it's hubris to think it will be successful without the main character. I would very much like to hear from Judith Light and others about this very controversial issue and outcome. I don't know what to think because the accusations against him are gross but he flatly denies them aside from admitting he is hard to work with.[/FONT]

Oh he didn't actually do it and doesn't want to be subjected to the accusations.

Some people are trying to make this a political thing. It has nothing to do with political allegiances. It has to do with men exerting power over women.

Some people are trying to make this a political thing. It has nothing to do with political allegiances. It has to do with men exerting power over women.

Of course. The difference is in how it's handled. How different political factions handle such allegations and the people accused.

As to Tambor, someone pointed out that both his accusers - trans women - have said he should not have that role because he's cisgendered.

As a female of course I have faced degrading sexual harassment in various forms almost my whole life. As most women have. Friend's dad's leering and making gross comments about my body. Weirdos grabbing at me when I waitressed. Cooks threatening to kidnap and rape me. Etc. Fun stuff. (I was taught to be tough and fight back. And I did. I don't put up with it. I realize I'm lucky that I could).

So none of this is surprising. What's surprising is that society finally seems to care a little bit. Which seems to be a feminist revolution in a sense.

That being said, there can be allegations that are false. That's possible. I look at the allegations themselves, who is making them, how many are making them and what time span, the reaction of the accused, what the accusers stand to lose or gain and besides testimony, if there's any evidence that tends to support the allegations and the accused's character as a pig.

I start from the assumption that most of these accusations are valid because this kind of stuff is so rampant. But I'm able to keep an open mind and consider that not all of these men may be guilty.

Mr. Tambor at age 73 may have just decided "Who needs this bullshyte?" I've quit jobs for less.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back