Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
LPD confirmed they are looking for Sydney Loofe, a 24-year-old who lives and works in Lincoln.

Police said the last contact anyone had with her was on Nov. 15 when she sent a Snapchat about being excited for an upcoming date.bbm

Her phone has been shut off, and was pinged through her cell phone provider for the last time in Wilber, Nebraska, LPD said.

Loofe works at Menards in Lincoln, and has failed to show up to work for a few days.

Police said this is very abnormal behavior for the 24-year-old, and added the concern is she hasn’t checked in with anyone since being reported missing.

Police added there is no indication Loofe is in any danger, but want to locate her to check her welfare.

http://www.1011now.com/content/news/Lincoln-Police-searching-for-missing-woman--458296853.html

aeebaab36183ceaa0e444180318dc49e.jpg

Thread #1

http://www.nelighnews.com/news/fami...cle_86e45e4e-cbba-11e7-b682-0757aed997eb.html

[FONT=&quot]A 24-year-old former Neligh woman is missing. Sydney Loofe now lives and works in Lincoln, Nebraska. She graduated from Neligh-Oakdale in 2011.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]According to Sydney's father, George Loofe, principal at Neligh-Oakdale, Sydney was supposed to go out Wednesday evening, Nov. 15, with a female she met online.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Loofe said, "We are afraid she has been abducted."
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sydney's cell phone has been shut off, but was last pinged in Wilber, Nebraska, a small community approximately 40 miles southwest of Lincoln.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Loofe said he was unsure how his daughter traveled to Wilber as her car remains at her apartment. He and Susie Loofe, parents of Sydney, were first made aware of the situation Thursday evening, Nov. 16, at approximately 5 p.m.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Friends of Sydney contacted her sister and informed her Sydney did not show up for work Thursday and no one had been able to contact her.[/FONT]

This is local for me. Prayers she’s found safely and quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stories I've read have included what is supposedly the last Snapchat anyone received from her. It's a picture of her that's captioned, "Ready for my date!"

Do we know who provided that image? Was it from a Snapchat Story, or a Snapchat she sent to someone directly? And if directly, do we know why that person did a screenshot of it? It seems that most kids don't tend to screenshot each other's snaps - especially if it's just a selfie like that.

It highlights the dangers of meeting strangers online, whether dating or whatnot. And whenever you go to meet someone new for the first time, you should take another person along. Or, at a bare minimum, make sure you have verified the other person's identity, and leave word with someone---or a note---I'm going on a date with John Smith, his phone number is ___ and his address is ___.

She has a twitter account, with multiple photos of her over time. Last posted a year ago. Many of the posts reference her getting high and some reference purchasing drugs.

She has a twitter account, with multiple photos of her over time. Last posted a year ago. Many of the posts reference her getting high and some reference purchasing drugs.

Interesting.

I mainly asked about the Snapchat screenshot because it wouldn't make sense for a friend to screenshot a selfie like that - at least it is not typical behavior. I think I'd be asking the friend, "Why did you screenshot that image?"

For those not in the know about Snapchat, images disappear immediately after they've been viewed. They can be looked at one more time immediately after the first viewing if the recipient touches the right place on the phone screen. Kids who use Snapchat send photos right and left and rarely take the time to screenshot anything a friend sends them. They like that Snapchat doesn't leave space-hogging photos on their phone. When a recipient screenshots something it notifies the sender that their friend took a screenshot of it. It's kind of seen as bad manners to screenshot pictures with a lot of kids.

So what was significant enough about her selfie before that date that the recipient saved it?

Interesting.

I mainly asked about the Snapchat screenshot because it wouldn't make sense for a friend to screenshot a selfie like that - at least it is not typical behavior. I think I'd be asking the friend, "Why did you screenshot that image?"

For those not in the know about Snapchat, images disappear immediately after they've been viewed. They can be looked at one more time immediately after the first viewing if the recipient touches the right place on the phone screen. Kids who use Snapchat send photos right and left and rarely take the time to screenshot anything a friend sends them. They like that Snapchat doesn't leave space-hogging photos on their phone. When a recipient screenshots something it notifies the sender that their friend took a screenshot of it. It's kind of seen as bad manners to screenshot pictures with a lot of kids.

So what was significant enough about her selfie before that date that the recipient saved it?

Excellent point!

Excellent point!

Thanks! It just doesn't seem remarkable enough to save unless something about it was significant to the friend who received and saved it.

On the other hand, if she had put it as a Snapchat "Story" it would have - I believe - been available for viewing multiple times. I thought I had read somewhere that the last anyone heard from her was via that Snapchat she sent to a friend, but I guess it's possible the author of the article mis-characterized the photo as being from her to a friend when it was actually something that would've remained visible to multiple people for 24 hours.

I am not sure if this is a new thing or not - I am not on SnapChat a bunch - but I just went to my account and pulled up a private message my son sent back in Sept. I can still see the photos he sent me, with the time and date he sent them. I can actually still see everything since March.

So I am not sure the fact (is it fact?) that a friend screen shot her photo about going on a date is anything. They could have done it once they knew she wasn't answering calls, etc.

I am not sure if this is a new thing or not - I am not on SnapChat a bunch - but I just went to my account and pulled up a private message my son sent back in Sept. I can still see the photos he sent me, with the time and date he sent them. I can actually still see everything since March.

So I am not sure the fact (is it fact?) that a friend screen shot her photo about going on a date is anything. They could have done it once they knew she wasn't answering calls, etc.

Odd. I can see a list of most-recently-exchanged messages but the images themselves are not available anymore once I've viewed them.

Do I understand correctly that her date was a female?

I presumed male because of her disappearance. What are statistics for women disappearing another woman?

I guess it could have been anybody trying to reel her in, posing as a female.

Do I understand correctly that her date was a female?

I presumed male because of her disappearance. What are statistics for women disappearing another woman?

I guess it could have been anybody trying to reel her in, posing as a female.

I've seen two different pieces of information about this issue.

There was a news piece in which two co-worker friends were interviewed, and I believe they (or one of them) indicated that she was to have gone on a date on Wednesday night and that she was excited about it and then she didn't show up for work on Thursday. What seemed odd to me is that they did not say - nor did anyone seem to ask (and report about) who she was supposedly going out with. If I was in my 20's and had single female friends I talked to about dates, etc., I can't imagine not also saying who I had a date with, where I met the person, etc. But the news report provided no information about whether the friends knew. I think that would have been helpful information.

Also, several news pieces have quoted the mother as saying she was meeting up with a woman she had met online.

It would be easy to jump to the conclusion that the date was with the woman, however, it's possible that a young girl would tell her friends she was going out with a guy she met online while telling her mom she was meeting up with a woman who was going to buy something from her from craigslist, not wanting to tell the mom she had a blind date with an internet stranger, ya know?

I find it odd that they are not giving many helpful details and yet they are putting the story out there. Who was the Snapchat to? When had she told her mom she was meeting a woman? Had she given the friends the name of her date? Did the friends think it was a blind date with someone from the web? Is anyone searching a computer or available phone records for clues about her online activity? Checking surveillance footage? There are just a lot of holes in what we're being told.

She had a "perfect wife" post on her twitter of an attractive blond woman in a dress with a lapful of marijuana.

She has blonde hair and blue eyes, is 5-foot-7 and weighs 135 pounds. She was last seen wearing a white Columbia brand jacket and a cream-colored shirt.

No financial activity has been noted in her bank account since her disappearance Wednesday, and her cell phone has been disabled.

Sydney was supposed to go out Wednesday evening, Nov. 15, with a woman she met online.

She did not report to work Thursday and friends notified the family that same day. Her car has been located at her apartment in Lincoln.

Her parents says, "We are afraid she has been abducted."

http://norfolkdailynews.com/news/au...cle_e800ac86-cc6f-11e7-8fce-e382c5c89a32.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31