1076 users online (242 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #1

LPD confirmed they are looking for Sydney Loofe, a 24-year-old who lives and works in Lincoln.

Police said the last contact anyone had with her was on Nov. 15 when she sent a Snapchat about being excited for an upcoming date.bbm

Her phone has been shut off, and was pinged through her cell phone provider for the last time in Wilber, Nebraska, LPD said.

Loofe works at Menards in Lincoln, and has failed to show up to work for a few days.

Police said this is very abnormal behavior for the 24-year-old, and added the concern is she hasn’t checked in with anyone since being reported missing.

Police added there is no indication Loofe is in any danger, but want to locate her to check her welfare.
    http://www.1011now.com/content/news/...458296853.html

Thread #1
    Last edited by Tricia; 12-05-2017 at 09:52 PM.

http://www.nelighnews.com/news/famil...7aed997eb.html

A 24-year-old former Neligh woman is missing. Sydney Loofe now lives and works in Lincoln, Nebraska. She graduated from Neligh-Oakdale in 2011.According to Sydney's father, George Loofe, principal at Neligh-Oakdale, Sydney was supposed to go out Wednesday evening, Nov. 15, with a female she met online.

Loofe said, "We are afraid she has been abducted."

Sydney's cell phone has been shut off, but was last pinged in Wilber, Nebraska, a small community approximately 40 miles southwest of Lincoln.

Loofe said he was unsure how his daughter traveled to Wilber as her car remains at her apartment. He and Susie Loofe, parents of Sydney, were first made aware of the situation Thursday evening, Nov. 16, at approximately 5 p.m.

Friends of Sydney contacted her sister and informed her Sydney did not show up for work Thursday and no one had been able to contact her.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

This is local for me. Prayers she’s found safely and quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

her FB https://www.facebook.com/sydney.loofe

http://www.nelighnews.com/news/famil...7aed997eb.html
    George Loofe, principal at Neligh-Oakdale Public School, said Sydney was supposed to go out Wednesday evening, Nov. 15, with a female she met online.

Stories I've read have included what is supposedly the last Snapchat anyone received from her. It's a picture of her that's captioned, "Ready for my date!"

Do we know who provided that image? Was it from a Snapchat Story, or a Snapchat she sent to someone directly? And if directly, do we know why that person did a screenshot of it? It seems that most kids don't tend to screenshot each other's snaps - especially if it's just a selfie like that.

It highlights the dangers of meeting strangers online, whether dating or whatnot. And whenever you go to meet someone new for the first time, you should take another person along. Or, at a bare minimum, make sure you have verified the other person's identity, and leave word with someone---or a note---I'm going on a date with John Smith, his phone number is ___ and his address is ___.
    Last edited by Bill Carson; 11-19-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typo
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

She has a twitter account, with multiple photos of her over time. Last posted a year ago. Many of the posts reference her getting high and some reference purchasing drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by GraceG View Post
    She has a twitter account, with multiple photos of her over time. Last posted a year ago. Many of the posts reference her getting high and some reference purchasing drugs.
    Interesting.

I mainly asked about the Snapchat screenshot because it wouldn't make sense for a friend to screenshot a selfie like that - at least it is not typical behavior. I think I'd be asking the friend, "Why did you screenshot that image?"

For those not in the know about Snapchat, images disappear immediately after they've been viewed. They can be looked at one more time immediately after the first viewing if the recipient touches the right place on the phone screen. Kids who use Snapchat send photos right and left and rarely take the time to screenshot anything a friend sends them. They like that Snapchat doesn't leave space-hogging photos on their phone. When a recipient screenshots something it notifies the sender that their friend took a screenshot of it. It's kind of seen as bad manners to screenshot pictures with a lot of kids.

So what was significant enough about her selfie before that date that the recipient saved it?

Quote Originally Posted by wowitsdark View Post
    Interesting.

I mainly asked about the Snapchat screenshot because it wouldn't make sense for a friend to screenshot a selfie like that - at least it is not typical behavior. I think I'd be asking the friend, "Why did you screenshot that image?"

For those not in the know about Snapchat, images disappear immediately after they've been viewed. They can be looked at one more time immediately after the first viewing if the recipient touches the right place on the phone screen. Kids who use Snapchat send photos right and left and rarely take the time to screenshot anything a friend sends them. They like that Snapchat doesn't leave space-hogging photos on their phone. When a recipient screenshots something it notifies the sender that their friend took a screenshot of it. It's kind of seen as bad manners to screenshot pictures with a lot of kids.

So what was significant enough about her selfie before that date that the recipient saved it?
    Excellent point!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddleboarder View Post
    Excellent point!

Thanks! It just doesn't seem remarkable enough to save unless something about it was significant to the friend who received and saved it.

On the other hand, if she had put it as a Snapchat "Story" it would have - I believe - been available for viewing multiple times. I thought I had read somewhere that the last anyone heard from her was via that Snapchat she sent to a friend, but I guess it's possible the author of the article mis-characterized the photo as being from her to a friend when it was actually something that would've remained visible to multiple people for 24 hours.

I am not sure if this is a new thing or not - I am not on SnapChat a bunch - but I just went to my account and pulled up a private message my son sent back in Sept. I can still see the photos he sent me, with the time and date he sent them. I can actually still see everything since March.

So I am not sure the fact (is it fact?) that a friend screen shot her photo about going on a date is anything. They could have done it once they knew she wasn't answering calls, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 806mom View Post
    I am not sure if this is a new thing or not - I am not on SnapChat a bunch - but I just went to my account and pulled up a private message my son sent back in Sept. I can still see the photos he sent me, with the time and date he sent them. I can actually still see everything since March.

So I am not sure the fact (is it fact?) that a friend screen shot her photo about going on a date is anything. They could have done it once they knew she wasn't answering calls, etc.
    Odd. I can see a list of most-recently-exchanged messages but the images themselves are not available anymore once I've viewed them.

scary

Do I understand correctly that her date was a female?

I presumed male because of her disappearance. What are statistics for women disappearing another woman?

I guess it could have been anybody trying to reel her in, posing as a female.

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast