973 users online (172 members and 801 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    723

    Australia - Mathew Dunbar, 42, suspicious death, Walcha, NSW, 2 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

    NOVEMBER 18 2017 - 2:30PM

    Natasha Darcy-Crossman arrested as part of investigation into Mathew Dunbar's death at Pandora, Walcha

    A WOMAN has been arrested and detectives are scouring a property near Walcha as part of a murder investigation into the suspicious death of a popular farmer.

    The Leader was there as Natasha Beth Darcy-Crossman was led into Tamworth Police Station, seated in the back of a marked Walcha police car, shortly before 11am on Saturday.

    She was arrested at 9.30am by Oxley detectives in Walcha who are investigating the death of her late partner, Matthew Dunbar.

    Mr Dunbar, 42, died at his sheep and grazing property, Pandora, off Thunderbolts Way, in the early hours of August 2.

    The Leader revealed shortly after that police were investigating Mr Dunbar's death as a possible murder, with the homicide squad called in from Sydney to assist local Tamworth detectives, who set-up a strike force to probe the suspicious death.

    On Saturday morning, shortly after Ms Darcy-Crossman's arrest, detectives executed a crime scene warrant at the Pandora property with investigators seen scouring the house, and searching part of the roof.

    Officers were also seen carrying a drum and a bag of evidence into a police vehicle.

    It's the second time the property has been raided as part of the police investigation.

    The Leader understands Darcy-Crossman is in custody and is being questioned on the circumstances surrounding the death at the property.

    http://www.northerndailyleader.com.a...lusive-photos/
    Last edited by symbah; 11-18-2017 at 06:05 AM.
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    723
    Tiny town of Walcha gripped by strange death of a kind soul

    http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...9b9d31f2ccc4bc
    Last edited by symbah; 11-18-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    723
    Natasha Crossman charged with murder of grazier partner Mathew Dunbar

    By David Marchese
    Posted 25 minutes ago
    PHOTO: Grazier Mathew Dunbar and his partner Natasha Crossman. (Facebook)
    MAP: Walcha 2354

    The partner of a New South Wales farmer who was found dead on his property earlier this year has been charged with his murder.

    Grazier Mathew Dunbar died on his farm at Walcha in northern New South Wales in August.

    A funeral announcement for the 42-year-old called for donations to mental health organisation, the Black Dog Institute, but police set up a strike force to investigate the death and treated it as suspicious.

    Mr Dunbar's partner Natasha Crossman was arrested this morning at the Walcha property where she lived with Mr Dunbar and was taken to Tamworth police station.

    New South Wales police say she was questioned this afternoon before being charged with murder.

    The 42-year-old was refused bail and will face Tamworth Local Court tomorrow.

    Mr Dunbar owned a sheep grazing company in Walcha and was remembered by friends as a "thoughtful, kind man" who was involved in the community.

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-18/woman-charged-with-grazier-mathew-dunbar-murder/9165410
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  4. #4
    She has an interesting criminal history too, not that you could tell from her online persona. I hope justice plays out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    723
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-1...murder/9165410

    Mr Dunbar's partner Natasha Beth Darcy was arrested on Saturday morning at the Walcha property where she lived with Mr Dunbar and was taken to Tamworth police station.
    New South Wales Police say she was questioned on Saturday afternoon before being charged with murder.
    The 42-year-old remains behind bars after appearing at Tamworth Local Court on Sunday.
    Ms Darcy will front Tamworth Local Court again tomorrow.
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    32
    What is her actual legal name ? Was Crossman her previous married surname? This article and news clip says her ex-husband was, by pure co-incidence, one of the first responders to the triple-0 call.

    http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...0eb6bc1634d77a

    Probably means nothing. Sounds like it is a small community.

  7. #7
    I don't think her and Mathew were actually married. Crossman was her married name from her marriage to Col Crossman who is reported to be the first paramedic on the scene. She also goes by Natasha Darcy-Crossman. I believe her maiden same was Ziesel.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    162
    I don't see this thread being too popular with the Aussie members.

    I've noticed with the Australian threads when its the wife who kills the husband, the threads quiet, almost like nothing has happened, move along, nothing to see.....fewer posts.

    But when it's the husband whose killed the wife, there all over the husband, innocent, guilty, person of interest or not. Point proven in the case of Elisa, even when the husband's not even a person of interest, their ripping into him, then in this case, when a wife's charged with murdering her husband........all quiet........A bit odd, isn't it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    723
    http://www.tenterfieldstar.com.au/st...ase-adjourned/

    NOVEMBER 20 2017 - 1:26PM

    Walcha murder: Natasha Darcy-Crossman refused bail in Tamworth court, charged with murdering Walcha farmer Mathew Dunbar

    THE woman charged with murdering her partner on his property at Walcha will remain in custody until earlier next year.

    Natasha Darcy-Crossman is accused of killing 42-year-old Mathew Dunbar on August 2, but stayed in the Tamworth Police Station cells and did not appear in Tamworth Local Court on Monday morning.

    “No application for bail on this matter this morning,” Legal Aid solicitor Garry Johnston told the court.

    “Ms Darcy does not wish to be before the court.”

    Ms Darcy does not wish to be before the court.
    Legal Aid solicitor Garry Johnston

    Mr Johnston asked for a “medication review” of Darcy-Crossman by Justice Health, while in custody.

    Magistrate Roger Prowse formally refused bail and ordered the 42-year-old accused to remain in custody until the case returns to court on January 24.

    He ordered the remand “warrant will be endorsed medication review … whatever that means”.

    Detectives have been ordered to compile a brief of evidence and serve it on Legal Aid by mid-January, before the case returns to court.

    It’s expected Darcy-Crossman will be flown to a Sydney jail later on Monday.

    Police confirmed on Monday that investigations by Strike Force Ballin – the police operation investigating Mr Dunbar’s death – are continuing.
    Last edited by symbah; 11-20-2017 at 04:20 AM.
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    434
    This story is hugely popular with locals, who are devastated but have all been warned to be careful about what is said on line, due to NSW laws.

    The alleged killer was charged with attempted murder a number of years ago, in relation to an attack on her former husband. She ended up pleading guilty to a lesser charge:
    http://www.walchanewsonline.com.au/s...man-sentenced/

    She has faced charges with using a previous partners credit card:
    http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/st...s-jail-appeal/

    She has made a number of interesting comments on her facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/natasha.crossman.56


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dillinger View Post
    I don't see this thread being too popular with the Aussie members.

    I've noticed with the Australian threads when its the wife who kills the husband, the threads quiet, almost like nothing has happened, move along, nothing to see.....fewer posts.

    But when it's the husband whose killed the wife, there all over the husband, innocent, guilty, person of interest or not. Point proven in the case of Elisa, even when the husband's not even a person of interest, their ripping into him, then in this case, when a wife's charged with murdering her husband........all quiet........A bit odd, isn't it.
    I'm an Aussie member, who commented on Elisa Curry's missing person thread. My comments are still there- I was never suss on the husband, and certainly never ripped into him. I cant speak for others, but when I come onto websleuths, I tend to go straight to the missing persons section. In Mathew's case, he was never a missing person- he was found dead. I would never have seen this thread except that I deliberately searched for it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    362

    Australia - Mathew Dunbar, 42, suspicious death, Walcha, NSW, 2 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel 1303 View Post
    This story is hugely popular with locals, who are devastated but have all been warned to be careful about what is said on line, due to NSW laws.

    The alleged killer was charged with attempted murder a number of years ago, in relation to an attack on her former husband. She ended up pleading guilty to a lesser charge:
    http://www.walchanewsonline.com.au/s...man-sentenced/

    She has faced charges with using a previous partners credit card:
    http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/st...s-jail-appeal/

    She has made a number of interesting comments on her facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/natasha.crossman.56
    What the ? Shes a lunatic
    You'd have to think the first hubby raised an eye brow


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Rural NSW
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    What the ? Shes a lunatic
    You'd have to think the first hubby raised an eye brow


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The ex husband is staying at the victims property.

    https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/3792...sbands-murder/

    Mr Crossman has been staying at the multimillion-dollar property but he refused to comment on his ex-wife's murder charge.
    IMO
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    AUS
    Posts
    5,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel 1303 View Post
    I'm an Aussie member, who commented on Elisa Curry's missing person thread. My comments are still there- I was never suss on the husband, and certainly never ripped into him. I cant speak for others, but when I come onto websleuths, I tend to go straight to the missing persons section. In Mathew's case, he was never a missing person- he was found dead. I would never have seen this thread except that I deliberately searched for it.
    Ditto Mel. Mispers (and UID persons — to find potential matches, if possible.)
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

    The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by symbah View Post
    The ex husband is staying at the victims property.

    https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/3792...sbands-murder/

    Mr Crossman has been staying at the multimillion-dollar property but he refused to comment on his ex-wife's murder charge.
    Okay that's odd ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-18-2017, 04:43 PM
  2. Canada - Jarock Humeniuk, 6 mos, suspicious death, Edmonton, 28 May 2017
    By nope in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 04:08 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2017, 01:08 AM
  4. Australia - Darcy Atkinson, 2, Suspicious Death, Central Coast, NSW, Dec 2012
    By Bohemian in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2016, 03:38 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 11:08 AM

Tags for this Thread