Found Deceased OR - Jeanene 'Jeana' Beck, 49, Lincoln City, 16 Nov 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Jeana Beck, 49, was last seen at the Rodeway Inn. She was staying at the motel with her 23-year-old son who has autism when she went out for a cigarette and never returned. Her cell phone goes to voicemail and she left her car and purse at the motel.

She’s described as about 5-foot 2-inches tall, with brown hair and brown eyes.

da1dfecb-8c3d-4ae9-8251-5bd41143f340-large16x9_DriverslicensephotoforJeanaBeckalongsideaphotofromfamilymembers.jpg

http://katu.com/news/local/mother-jeanene-beck-reported-missing-in-lincoln-city-area

Jeanene M. Beck of Gresham was reported missing from the area of the Rodeway Inn On Thursday Beck had eaten dinner in Lincoln City and returned to her motel room at the Rodeway Inn in Lincoln City, next to the D-River. Beck’s 23 year old autistic son was left in the room and Beck went out to smoke and never returned. Beck’s vehicle and purse were still at the motel. Beck’s phone is off and goes to voicemail. According to family members this is unusual behavior for Beck.

http://www.newslincolncounty.com/archives/191806

Family on FB are posting she has been found deceased. Nothing on MSM yet.

Lincoln City Police confirmed Saturday morning that the female body found floating near the D-River was Jeanene Beck, 51, of Gresham, who went missing Thursday night behind the Rodeway Inn. Ms. Beck was in Lincoln City to attend a regional real estate meeting.

*The D-River itself is across a street to the north of the Rodeway Inn. A “slough” type offshoot of the D-River goes under the street and to the south and bends sharply westerly and then alongside the motel.

An autopsy is being conducted in an attempt to determine the exact cause of death and whether any foul play may have been involved prior to her contact with the river.

http://www.newslincolncounty.com/archives/191844
82cce95d9d980d8fcbe923145afb9b78.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

[FONT=&quot]An examination of the body showed no signs of injury or trauma raising the possibility that Ms. Beck walked over to the edge of the canal and simply lost her footing.[/FONT]

I could see losing your footing, but according to every piece of info I've read, the canal is only 3 ft. deep and only 30 ft. across. It seems like it would be rather hard to drown in 3 ft. of water. I know it can happen, and I'm sure the water is cold and probably would stun someone initially, but it just seems odd.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It looks like there’s a fair amount of old logs, timber and probably tree roots near the shore line. I suppose she could have hit her head or had another type of health issue that prevented her from just climbing out. The initial exam didn’t indicate any injuries that would indicate foul play, but autopsy results are pending. I hope this is a tragic accident and not a malevolent act.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]She posted a lot about her pride in her daughter’s work and aspirations and at least one post with her son at the gymn. Sad reminder of a family’s loss right before the holidays. I hope the son is able to live independently or has other supportive family members. So many threads here, many result in such invisible heartbreak for family members.[/FONT][/FONT]

I could see losing your footing, but according to every piece of info I've read, the canal is only 3 ft. deep and only 30 ft. across. It seems like it would be rather hard to drown in 3 ft. of water. I know it can happen, and I'm sure the water is cold and probably would stun someone initially, but it just seems odd.

Seems VERY odd.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500