Presumed Located TN - Kevin Hamby, 38, Morgan County, 14 Nov 2017

wantjustice

Always hoping
Reaction score
Hamby was last seen on Rich Road in the Lancing/Gobey area of Morgan County this past Tuesday (November 14, 2017). Hamby was wearing a hoodie, jeans, a black baseball cap and brown shoes... Crews are asking anyone, including hunters, that if they come upon a Polaris 1,000 side-by-side, white and yellow in color to call 911 immediately.

http://1057news.com/2017/11/18/morgan-county-rescue-squad-looking-for-missing-man/

http://www.wbir.com/article/news/lo...ea-for-missing-morgan-county-man/51-492739605

Picture at link. Will not load properly for me to post here. His wife has been very vocal on social media about her missing husband, trying to get him home.

Morgan County Emergency Services along with other support agencies will be conducting a search and rescue today (Saturday, November 18, 2017) for 38-year-old Kevin Hamby in the Gobey Mountain and surrounding areas.

http://1057news.com/2017/11/18/morgan-county-rescue-squad-looking-for-missing-man/
8d167b93a6b0e490de247610fc936493.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I was hoping there would be more eyes in the area today with the start of gun deer season.
It seems like that Polaris Razr would really stand out. The white/chartreuse color is unusual.
I hope he didn't meet with foul play/thieves.

Four days after a Morgan County man disappeared riding an all-terrain vehicle, rescue crews are calling of the search while the Morgan County Sheriff's Office continues a missing person investigation.

Family says 38-year-old Kevin Hamby was last seen Tuesday evening when he left his home for a short ride on his Polaris RZR side-by-side.

A tracking dog followed Hamby's scent from his home for about five miles, but the leaders say the trail went cold.

Though crews found no trace of Hamby or his side-by-side, Sheriff Glen Freytag says there is no evidence of suspicious activity at this point in the investigation.

Hamby had a lengthy medical history.

The Polaris RZR was Hamby's newest passion. His hip problems prevented him from doing many activities, but riding his side-by-side was something he could still enjoy.

"He was in so much pain, something like that took his mind off of it," Reuben Hamby said.

Hamby's father says his family is struggling to handle the situation.
http://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/...ck-for-missing-morgan-county-man/51-492954020

Four days and no trace of Kevin, that's very worrisome. It always makes my stomach jump when I read " the search has been scaled back/called off". My heart goes out to his loved ones.

I didn't know he was having a rough time. I hope they find him safe and sound. The weather is starting to get cold and bitter. Hugs to his family!

I was hoping there would be more eyes in the area today with the start of gun deer season.
It seems like that Polaris Razr would really stand out. The white/chartreuse color is unusual.
I was thinking the same thing. I hope he's okay and he wasn't targeted by thieves for his "side by side". I'm praying that they find him, my heart goes out to the family.

I'm feeling a little angry that they've just stopped searching. It doesn't feel right to me. He seems too close with his family to disappear, and too vulnerable if he is parted from his vehicle. He may really need help :(

I wonder if there are any bodies of water around, and if so, have they been searched?
This is a sad one.

I wonder if drones would be useful, and if they have been used?

Local social media says drones have been used. There are creeks in the area.
I'm trying to do a google map for Kevin, but it's my first time and I don't know what I'm doing.

Here's my first ever mapping attempt.
Suggestions welcome!
drive.google.com/open?id=1d3rzOBZ_apl0L4GeC4SUCP0eoK5MHEG7&usp=sharing

Things you can see on the map:
Very rugged and remote. Steep, heavily wooded. Narrow twisty roads. Lots of dirt trails--lots. Gas/oil wells with big gravel pads and their service roads. Creeks, rivers, private ponds.

Are thieves a problem on these trails/this area?

Is it hunting season in that area?
Grabbing at straws here (and this is not my true theory) but could he have upset some hunters by making noise with his buggy? A confrontation ensued, and got out of hand?

When Kevin disappeared Tuesday it was muzzleloader/archery season for deer, then Saturday gun season too. ATVs/ off road is a pretty common use of the area and there are a lot of trails for that. So I think maybe, but not likely there could be that type of altercation.
Regarding thieves, I don't have first hand knowledge of the Gobey area. I did a lot of horseback trails just north of there and we always expected it. The area is very rugged and remote, most of the time there is no cell signal. You can't really call 911 from back in the county, more of a "self-help" situation.
I was opining on possibility of theft because one of the news articles made a big deal about Kevin's medical settlement and how all the money had already gone to clearing medical debt. Our area has a terrible opioid problem, so I thought he might be a target for someone trying to get pain meds. Also that Razr itself might tempt someone to try to take it.
:( this is terrible terrible speculation. I'm hoping for the best, but trying to come up with ideas for how to search leads to bleak possibilities.

IMO only of course

Why was the search called off so quickly?

I hope the family can continue searching with volunteers and/or get help from S&R organizations.

Any updates? This case worries me..he has such a sweet face. I wonder where the tracking dogs ended up when the trail went cold at five miles. Was there a creek to cross so the dogs lost the scent (does that even matter?). Did it begin to get dark before he made it back home he couldn't see the path well and had an accident? But then, I would think he and his polaris would not be far on the trail? So many questions and I don't have knowledge of "off-roading" activities..I wish I did, it looks like beautiful terrain when one lives in scenic deprived IA. Just soooo hoping he is found safe and brought home to his family. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving for pete's sake!! ETA: so far OFF the trail. I really should proofread before I hit post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back