GUILTY AR - Elvis, 8, Samuel & Samantha Morales, both 5, murdered, De Queen, 28 Jan 2006

From the link below:

"The children's father, Arturo Morales, 37, is a construction worker in New York. His wife and children had moved to Arkansas because it was safer, said the Rev. Salvador Marquez-Munoz of St. Barbara Catholic Church, where the children were enrolled in catechism classes."

Safer from what? I wonder how long she and the children have lived by themselves in Ark.? Did she plan this move so there would not be any interference from the father? Were there signs before that she was depressed or abusive? Had she been getting treatment for her problems? Did the husband know of any problems?

A lot of questions in my mind about the background of this family. I hope the notes she left will provide some understanding. But I agree with the LE comment, WHY the children? It is so enraging when these sick people do not seek the help they need and instead take it out on their innocent children!

Here is an article with more information about the family and the mother's state of mind. Also a picture of the mom.

Reader said:
From the link below:

"The children's father, Arturo Morales, 37, is a construction worker in New York. His wife and children had moved to Arkansas because it was safer, said the Rev. Salvador Marquez-Munoz of St. Barbara Catholic Church, where the children were enrolled in catechism classes."

Safer from what? I wonder how long she and the children have lived by themselves in Ark.? Did she plan this move so there would not be any interference from the father? Were there signs before that she was depressed or abusive? Had she been getting treatment for her problems? Did the husband know of any problems?

A lot of questions in my mind about the background of this family. I hope the notes she left will provide some understanding. But I agree with the LE comment, WHY the children? It is so enraging when these sick people do not seek the help they need and instead take it out on their innocent children!

And in your questions is the exact reply. Because she could.I don't think people realize the total sickness of abused children. Whether they send them to catechism classes or not that won't refute the power that is in the household.To use religion as a freehold is bad but politicians do it daily. Kids don't have the control over their environment that adults do so they fall in the cracks.

I feel like I've been punched in the chest. Little Samuel looks so much like my youngest son.[size=-1] May God hold them in his hands. If there is any mercy at all she'll spend time under the jail. So not what she deserves.[/size]

This happened only about 40 miles from me.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11101413/from/RL.2/

A mother of three was arrested Sunday in Arkansas after her kids were found smothered to death. Police say they found the bodies of six year old twins, a boy and a girl, and their eight year old brother lying side by side at their home in Arkansas.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11101104/

DE QUEEN, Ark. - A mother who left New York for a small Arkansas town to give her three children a safer home pleaded innocent Monday to charges of killing them.

Yeah, I started one because I didn't realize what this one was until I opened it. Mods, feel free to delete mine or merge with this one.

You know, it really sounds like this woman knew what she was doing. They think she poisoned the children before she smothered them. I think she probably intended for it to be a murder-suicide, then she wimped out on the suicide part.

Rangersfan said:
Yeah, I started one because I didn't realize what this one was until I opened it. Mods, feel free to delete mine or merge with this one.

You know, it really sounds like this woman knew what she was doing. They think she poisoned the children before she smothered them. I think she probably intended for it to be a murder-suicide, then she wimped out on the suicide part.
Oh, she knew what she was doing alright. According to the texarkanagazette article, she was a non-practicing doctor. She was an illegal alien from Mexico. She likely knew what the effects of the ant poison would be. If she didn't know, she would at least know how to find out.

There's an actual syndrome that describes these types of murders. It's called Medea's Syndrome, after the classical Greek mythological cahrater, who slew her children when her husband Jason (of the Golden Fleece fame) divorced her to marry a younger woman and retroactively made his children illegitimate/unable to inherit the throne.

Great, now she and Andrea Yates can each have a friend in the mental ward.

:sick:

In the meantime, God rest their tiny little souls. They were too young to die.

Why is this woman any not getting the insanity thing like Andrea Yates?

NaNaRosebud said:
Why is this woman any not getting the insanity thing like Andrea Yates?
It is too early to tell yet if she will plead insanity. But the reason Yates pled insanity was postpartum depression and psychosis. She had a young child. These kids are too old for the postpartum diagnosis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back