MD - Det. Sean Suiter, 43, fatally shot, Baltimore, 15 Nov 2017

Detectives have cameras on their vehicles? I'm not sure why he wasn't caught on Video

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-officer-killing-folo-20171119-story.html

Dozens of people protesting the extended police presence in the neighborhood have been tweeting with the hashtag “#FreeWestBaltimore,” with some deriding the police action as “martial law.”

From the link:
“While the search for a killer is, of course, a high priority for the police, the limits on lawful police behavior do not disappear even when engaged in that pursuit,” ACLU of Maryland senior staff attorney David Rocah said in the statement. “And at least one federal appellate court has said that a similar police cordon and checkpoint system was unconstitutional.”

seriously? are they more afraid of being caught doing something illegal than they are of a brutal cop murderer? SMH
Not to get o/t or go political but it could also be that a systemic problem with police and the black community brought on by many many decades of harrasment and mass incarceration without justice have made that community understandably mistrustful of LE and their motives. Particularly in this current political climate. Particularly in Baltimore.

Just offering an alternative way to view....

Back on point to the victim here...the deceased officer. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

MOO

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

seriously? are they more afraid of being caught doing something illegal than they are of a brutal cop murderer? SMH

I think they're more worried about being harassed and falsely accused than being caught doing something illegal. What are the odds a cop murderer is going to harm them vs. the odds they'll be assaulted, intimidated or arrested without cause? We're all aware of the climate in the USA so it's no surprise some Baltimore residents don't trust LE. Consider:

Daniel Anderson, 46, said he’s sick of the flashing police lights that shine into his bedroom window and keep him up at night, and tired of having to show an ID and a police pass to get onto his street.

His 12-year-old son was late to school one day after he was questioned by SWAT agents, he said. His wife keeps getting held up on her way to catch the bus.

The organization said it had received reports that people have faced pat-down searches, and nonresidents have been barred from entering the area.

Baltimore police officer Wesley Cagle sentenced to 12 years in shooting of unarmed suspect

Circuit Judge Wanda Keyes Heard said Wesley Cagle, 47, committed "an egregious violation" and failed to "serve and protect" when he shot Michael Johansen in December 2014.
Johansen was already unarmed and subdued when he was shot.

Baltimore County police fatally shoot unarmed black man in condominium

Baltimore officials agree to pay $135K to unarmed man shot by police

Baltimore cops stopped an innocent mid-50s black man 30 times in less than 4 years

This seems like a dangerous situation for residents and LE. I would be terrified in this neighborhood.

Baltimore Mayor Reacts To Crime: ‘I Am Deeply Disturbed

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/11/15/baltimore-mayor-crime-violence/

BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Last week the Baltimore police commissioner was fired up at a press conference, Wednesday, the mayor responded to those who are lashing out at her. They say she doesn’t take the violence seriously.

Pugh says they’re moving the hiring process along as fast as they can with officers but the City might not feel the impact until next year.

The department said once officers make it through the academy, they are immediately deployed to foot patrol in various communities, including the Inner Harbor.

Pugh fired back at critics Wednesday who question her leadership as Baltimore is closing in on one of it’s deadliest times ever, hitting 300 plus murders for the third year in a row.

“I am deeply disturbed about the violence and this is the number one priority of the City,” she said.

Vicious, random attacks like Sebastain Dvorak, who was killed in Canton after a night out with friends, to Kia Martin’s daughter, who was beat down at the Inner Harbor.

“Many are calling for a more obvious presence of police in their communities.

Mayor Pugh acknowledges the City is battling a shortage of officers, but that close to 200 individuals have already made it through the hiring process.
==================================================================================================

Looks like they are having a hard time finding people who want to police this city. No wonder.

That detective was there to investigate a local double murder. And he gets shot in the head in broad daylight on the street.

LE thinks they murder suspect is hiding in the immediate area, wounded. And people are complaining that they are late for school or work because of the crime scene searches.

“

Police Commissioner Kevin Davis has said the department is 500 officers short of what it needs to cover the city, and Mayor Catherine Pugh has accepted the argument that the agency, budgeted at about a half a billion dollars a year, is understaffed. They’ve both said they are working to bring more officers onto the force. Davis said there are currently 180 trainees in the department’s academy.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-police-ride-along-20170911-story.html

Baltimore cop was shot with his own gun, was scheduled to testify day after shooting, police say

Sean Suiter, 43, “was shot and killed with his own gun” just a day before he was supposed to testify in a federal police racketeering case, Commissioner Kevin Davis said, according to Fox 45 Baltimore.

"I am now aware of Detective Suiter's pending federal grand jury testimony surrounding an incident that occurred several years ago with BPD police officers who are federally indicted in March of this year," Davis noted. "Detective Suiter was not the target of any ongoing criminal investigation."

Detectives have cameras on their vehicles? I'm not sure why he wasn't caught on Video

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They've got him on video IMO.

The slain officer's partner took cover across the street during the shooting, Fox 45 reported. Police said Wednesday the incident was recorded on private surveillance video and the video has been recovered by law enforcement.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/2...to-testify-day-after-shooting-police-say.html

wonder what his testimony would have been...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back