FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
misterallgood had some interesting thoughts on the missing board for Jennifer.

I too, had thought of other attractive blond women that have disappeared from apartment complexes.

Tiffany Sessions was the first, to come to mind. Gainesville, FL

Also, just a few days before Jennifer went missing, another UCF student was found with her throat slashed in an apartment complex. Last I heard, she was in critical condition, and could not tell officers what happened to her.

Maybe it is some sort of maintenance worker type.
Maybe there is some sort of UCF connection.
Maybe one of her neighbors asked to borrow something, or for a ride to the store.

But what are your thoughts, specifically, Steve?

WOW, I had not heard about the other UCF student, can you post a link on that one. I thought of Tiffany too.

I strongly suggest that you all go to www.mapsexoffenders.com and enter the following address in the address box:

5176 Downing St, Orlando, FL, 32839

That's the address where Jenn Kesse's car was found. The blue balloon (it interfaces with Google maps, so it uses those characteristic balloons) represents the address entered. The red balloons all represent registered sex offenders in the area. Take note. I'd be interested to see what some of you think after doing that. Incidentally -- at least one of those offenders did not apparently do time for child molestation... his record said only that his victim was an adult.

Steve

Beyond Belief said:
Theres alot of them, did you do her neighborhood?
The density decreases significantly as you head the short distance up the road to the Mall at Millenia area. Just a handful, there. That's what struck me, because I did do both, and the lack of them around the Mosaic Condos where Jennifer Kesse was living was striking. Then I figured out the address of the Huntington on the Greens Condos where her car was found, and that was a very different story. Heavy concentration of registered sex offenders. And I don't know about you, but often, for some reason, I reflexively think of "child molesters," and the truth is, a registered sex offender could be a man who has committed crimes against adult women. In fact, that might be the majority of sex offenders. I'm certain this is an instance where we're behind the police, is the only thing. I bet a number of these guys have already been questioned.

Steve

Thanks Steve!!

I think your right on the money. I had hoped for her family this might have a happy ending / but after seeing the map I have my doubts. I don't understand why LE can't do more to control these purp.:confused:

http://www.local6.com/news/6587477/detail.html

POSTED: 9:43 am EST January 30, 2006
UPDATED: 12:27 pm EST January 30, 2006

Police officers in Orlando, Fla., continued a search of a heavily wooded area Monday near the location where 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse's abandoned car was discovered last week after a scent was picked up in the area, according to a Local 6 News report. <snip>

"One of the two strongest clues that the Orlando Police Department is sharing with the media is the scent that was picked up in the woods," Local 6 News reporter Samantha Knapp said.

more at the above link.

I am also a blond female. I went to UCF. I ALSO had a problem with the maintenance at my condo complex. In fact, after I had broken up with my then boyfriend, my NEIGHBOR stabbed him in the stomach. The police found a "shrine" of photos of me...walking to my car, mailbox, getting groceries out of the car. Needless to say, I moved that same day. Some real weirdos lurk. You never know.

Do you know if this man is in jail or not? Sounds like he would be someone the police might want to check out.
ShowerSinger said:
I am also a blond female. I went to UCF. I ALSO had a problem with the maintenance at my condo complex. In fact, after I had broken up with my then boyfriend, my NEIGHBOR stabbed him in the stomach. The police found a "shrine" of photos of me...walking to my car, mailbox, getting groceries out of the car. Needless to say, I moved that same day. Some real weirdos lurk. You never know.

Is her place of employment of the type she was showing timeshare units in a resort? There are alot of those places in Orlando. I showed units in a beach resort once and had a terrible time with men hitting on me all the time. I wonder if she had someone stalking her without her knowing it.

ShowerSinger said:

Me too... I lived in Jefferson Commons when it first opened... but I wasn't around much (worked 50 hours a week, and grad school full time). I was careful- because college students are always a target...
I guess what weirds me out about this case is the recent story of the UCF student who had her throat slashed in an appartment complex parking lot... Off of Aloma... (Showersinger- I know you brought this up... This is the latest update- scary!)

Police Baffled After Girl's Throat Slashed Ear-To-Ear

POSTED: 10:42 am EST January 18, 2006
UPDATED: 2:31 pm EST January 18, 2006

Police continued to search for clues Wednesday after a University of Central Florida student was found with her throat slit ear-to-ear, according to a Local 6 News report.

Investigators said Casey Finnegan was found at about 4 a.m. last Wednesday in a pool of blood at the intersection of Ambergate Road and Carvell Drive.

The night before, Finnegan had been out with friends and had returned to her boyfriend's house.

Police said sometime between getting out of her car and walking to the house, she was attacked and her throat slit.

"They slit her throat and left her to die in the middle of the street," Darlene Finnegan said. "The only reason why she was saved was because she screamed. The scream saved her life."
More HERE

Mind you... the areas are pretty far away- but still....

It is disturbing that Casey & Jennifer look so much alike. I know that LE said in the attack of Casey that they do not think that it was a random act but I'm not so sure. The last thing that officials in Orlando want to release is that there is some nut on the loose attacking beautiful young ladies. Not good for tourism.

ShowerSinger said:
Ya know, I think film development places have an obligation to report such types of photos to the police. It would be obvious by looking at those photos developed that they were not portrait or "model" types of shots meaning that you were not modeling for them or asking for them to be taken, and they were stalker types of shots.

Unless these creeps work at photo places or have dark rooms and are developing the photos themselves, and now with digital camera, you just print them or store them on your computer.

Still.... argh. You would think the maintenance workers don't have that sophisticated of equipment but I suppose I'm generalizing and stereotyping wrongfully here. :banghead:

Huge Weekend Search Planned For Missing Woman

POSTED: 4:13 pm EST February 1, 2006
UPDATED: 8:25 am EST February 2, 2006

VOLUNTEER: To sign up to help in the effort this weekend, visit the community center at the Mall at Millenia (entrance between Brio and the Cheesecake Factory) Thursday or Friday during normal mall hours.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A group called Child Watch announced Wednesday it will help look for 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse, who's been missing for nine days. Family members asked the community to join in on another search this weekend.

Meanwhile, detectives looked through an expanded area Wednesday, bordered by Texas Avenue, Orange Blossom Trail, Holden Avenue and Oak Ridge Road.

The Kesse family is hoping to inject a new energy into the search for Jennifer. Hundreds of volunteers will take part in the biggest effort yet to find her this weekend.

http://www.wftv.com/news/6657231/de...orlc_12pm&tmi=orlc_12pm_1_11000202022006&ts=H

I hope the family gets some answers :(

Jennifer is so beautiful. It's a shame that you can't even feel safe in your own neighborhood.

Prayers for Jennifer and her family.

I hope this helps.
This is the thread for case discusion. The info and support is mostly for news posts and family support posts. Case discussion sometimes is upsetting to family members and that is why people open a case discussion thread in this section.

Continue your discussion of the case on this thread.

The other thread is in the missing/info support forum and is for info and support only.

All discussion of the missing cases should remain in this forum Missing/Located Forum Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling