Inventory List

capps

Reaction score
I was in the ACR site looking over the inventory list of things taken from the Ramsey home by LE.It's been awhile since the last time I looked at the list,and found that there were things I either overlooked,or completely forgot about.For instance,under things taken from JB's body,one of the items says "Green(?)" I wonder what that is? It's not the "green garland",(which was found in her hair),or "green flakes",(which I assume is the paint flakes from the paintbrush),because those things were mentioned,further down the list.

Another, was a piece of wire found near her body.I don't remember this at all.Was there discussion about this on this forum?

Also,to my amazment,I didn't realize there were two blankets.One that JonBenet was covered in,and another white blanket found in the wine cellar.

But what really caught my attention,was the one listed: "(BLACKED OUT ITEM)".What's that all about? Could it be just a mistake,so they blacked it out,or something they blacked out,because they don't want it revealed?

Anyone who can enlighten me on the above items,I'd appreciate it!

capps, can you post the link to the items? I have dial up and it takes so long for me to navigate! Thanks.

capps said:
I was in the ACR site looking over the inventory list of things taken from the Ramsey home by LE.It's been awhile since the last time I looked at the list,and found that there were things I either overlooked,or completely forgot about.For instance,under things taken from JB's body,one of the items says "Green(?)" I wonder what that is? It's not the "green garland",(which was found in her hair),or "green flakes",(which I assume is the paint flakes from the paintbrush),because those things were mentioned,further down the list.

Another, was a piece of wire found near her body.I don't remember this at all.Was there discussion about this on this forum?

Also,to my amazment,I didn't realize there were two blankets.One that JonBenet was covered in,and another white blanket found in the wine cellar.

But what really caught my attention,was the one listed: "(BLACKED OUT ITEM)".What's that all about? Could it be just a mistake,so they blacked it out,or something they blacked out,because they don't want it revealed?

Anyone who can enlighten me on the above items,I'd appreciate it!
I believe it was Det Everett that went down to the cellar to look around right after JR brought JBR's body upstairs and Det Everett observed 2 blankets in the center of the room. This was in the text of the search warrant. That is why alot of people think one blanket and the barbie nightgown may have came from the downstairs dryer.

Another item of interest is the piece of black sheetmetal in the basement. Could it have been used as the backdrop for photographs?

Nehemiah said:
capps, can you post the link to the items? I have dial up and it takes so long for me to navigate! Thanks.

Nehemiah,
Here is the list that I got from ACR,note that this is what was taken on Dec.26th only:
Body of JonBenet Ramsey
Items recovered from the body include;
Green (?)
Green flakes
Trace evidence
Piece of paper
White fiber
Hairs/fibers
White cord
White long sleeve shirt
White long sleeve underwear bottoms
Panties with floral print
White ligature
Gold colored necklace with cross
Gold colored ring
Gold colored braclet
Black/red/white hairtie
Blue hairtie
Hairtie
Notepad-1 (1RAW)
Notepad-1 (2RAW)
Fibers from area by victim (1KKY)
Fibers from winecellar (2KKY)
Avalanche sweatshirt covering body (4KKY)
Blanket covering body (5KKY)
Wire near body (7KKY)
Fibers from under body (8KKY)
(BLACKED OUT ITEM)
White blanket in wine cellar (11KKY)
Pink Barbie nightgown from wine cellar (12KKY)
Broken glass from wine cellar (13KKY)
Hair fibers from floor of wine cellar (14KKY)
Broken paint brush (21KKY)
Wooden shards near paint tray (22KKY)
Paint Tray (25KKY)
Blue paper near rear south facing door (26KKY)
Rope from backyard (32KKY)
December 26, 1996 Search Warrant Page 10:
White string from sled (33KKY)
Earring on Street (34KKY)
Canvas bag from crawl space (37KKY)
Black sheet metal from wine cellar (39KKY)
Broken purple ornament from basement (40KKY)
Red pocket knife with broken ornament (41KKY)
Vacuumed fibers (42KKY)
Felt tip pen (43KKY)
Hair fibers from victims pillow (44KKY)
Hair fibers from victims bed (45KKY)
Fibers from victims bed (46KKY)
Fibers from victims pillow (47KKY)
Vacuumed fibers from victims bed (48KKY)
Vacuumed fibers from victims pillow and bedspread (50KKY)
Sharpie marker (51KKY)
Hair fibers from Mr.& Mrs. Ramsey's bed (52KKY)
Hair found in brush in Mr. Ramsey's bathroom (53KKY)
Rolodex in Mr. Ramseys desk (54KKY)
Partially wrapped FOA Swartz (55KKY)
Partially wrapped FOA Swartz (56KKY)
Partially wrapped FOA Swartz (57KKY)
Marker (58KKY)
Marker (59KKY)
Handwritten note (61KKY)
My Science Project from Burke's room (65KKY)
Yellow notepad with writing (66KKY)
December 26, 1996 Search Warrant Page 11:
Pen (67KKY)
Artificial evergreen needles (68KKY)
Comforter from victims bed (32BAB)
Top sheet (38BAB)
Bottom sheet (39BAB)
Pillow case (40BAB)
Tights (41BAB)(ITEM SCRATCHED OUT)
Bowl (71KKY)
Spoon (5PP)
Glass (6PP)
Cotton from cellar room (7PP)
Angel from Christmas tree (8PP)
Piece of broken window (5KKY)
Piece of broken window (6KKY)
Piece of broken window (7KKY)
Piece of broken window (8KKY)
Black marker (46BAB)
Christmas ornament with string (49BAB)
Sharpie (60BAB)
Sharpie (61BAB)
Shoes (68BAB)
Notepad (69BAB)
Sharpie (1JRB) 1-29-96
Sharpie (2JRB) 1-29-96
Notepad (3JRB) 1-29-96
Marker (6JRB) 1-29-96
December 26, 1996 Search Warrant Page 12:
Window grate (9GRV)
Bag containing Santa Claus swift ornaments (76BAB)
Santa Claus suit (77BAB)
Note (78BAB)
Fingerprints of victim (79BAB)
Fingerprints - hand drawing (80BAB)
Birthday card (82BAB)
Legal pad white lined (83BAB)
Wire tied in knot (5BAH)
Three black markers (8BAH)
Two pens (9BAH)
One marker and two pens (10BAH)
Three large markers (11BAH)
Five pens (12BAH)
One ball point pen (13BAH)
One fountain pen (14BAH)
Brown paper (17BAH)
Handwritten note (1JRB) 12-26-1996
Blouse (7JRB)
Underwear (9JRB)
Toilet tissue (10PP)
USN OCS Seachest 801 book (11PP)
Toilet seat lid (13PP)
Booklet how to use total one security control (14PP)
AD booklet and 2 newspapers (15PP)
Girls underwear (36BAH)
December 26, 1996 Search Warrant Page 13:
Notepad with writing (37BAH)
One black pen (51BAH)
Girls underwear (56BAH)
Black Pen (57BAH)
Cigarette butts, leaves, bag (58BAH)
(1) girls underwear (61BAH)
(1) girls underwear (62BAH)
Envelope with prayer book (64BAH)
Two magazine articles (68BAH)
Newspaper article (15JRB)
One magic marker (16JRB)
Phone and address book (18JRB)
One Ramsey residence flyer (19JRB)
Door from basement (14KRV)
One legal pad (15KRV)
Two legal notepads (16KRV)
One legal notepads (18KRV)
Letter to Santa (86KKY)
Victims research paper drawings (92KKY)
One felt tip pen (11MTE)
One bike registration (12MTE)
One felt tip pen (15MTE)
One sheet of paper (72BAH)
One paper w/names and phone number (73BAH)
Two black felt pens (75BAH)
Blue pair of girls underwear (76BAH)
December 26, 1996 Search Warrant Page 14:
Two pair of girls underwear (76BAH)
Rope (81BAH)
One sleeping mask (101KKY)
Framed picture (102KKY) of JonBenet
Broken window (104KKY)
Framed picture of Burke and JonBenet (105KKY)
One blue suitcase (21PP

BlueCrab said:
Another item of interest is the piece of black sheetmetal in the basement. Could it have been used as the backdrop for photographs?

BlueCrab,

I hear ya.
We have all seen pictures of the basement,there was tons of stuff down there.So for them to zoom in on the sheet metal means it must tie in somewhere. Remember the neighbor (Stanton) saying he heard,what he believed sounded like metal scraping? Interesting indeed.

Still looking at the inventory list ... I wonder why they would take a sleeping mask?

capps said:
Still looking at the inventory list ... I wonder why they would take a sleeping mask?

I wonder why they took hair from John Ramsey's hairbrush, but none from Patsy's brush or even Burke's. The only reason I can think of is that John's brush had long blonde hair in it, which would tend to raise an investigative eyebrow. What other reason could there be for the discrepancy?

Cranberry said:
I believe it was Det Everett that went down to the cellar to look around right after JR brought JBR's body upstairs and Det Everett observed 2 blankets in the center of the room. This was in the text of the search warrant. That is why alot of people think one blanket and the barbie nightgown may have came from the downstairs dryer.

Very interesting ... thanks Cranberry.

Cranberry said:

Cranberry,
I guess this does not mean 3 blankets in total, John must have unwrapped her from the blanket, although no account I have read is explicit about this. Some state she was wrapped 'papoose style' ?

Does this suggest she was wrapped initially in two blankets, although they appeared to look as though just one was around her. My take on this is if there were two white blankets separately visible, then why did Fleet White miss them 1st time around?

capps said:
BlueCrab,

I hear ya.
We have all seen pictures of the basement,there was tons of stuff down there.So for them to zoom in on the sheet metal means it must tie in somewhere. Remember the neighbor (Stanton) saying he heard,what he believed sounded like metal scraping? Interesting indeed.

capps,

Correct. If someone was stealthily carrying a piece of black sheetmetal into the house in the middle of the night for a secret photo-shoot and accidentally dropped it on the masonry driveway or walkway, that would have made a lot of noise and could have been what Luther Stanton heard.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
capps,

Correct. If someone was stealthily carrying a piece of black sheetmetal into the house in the middle of the night for a secret photo-shoot and accidentally dropped it on the masonry driveway or walkway, that would have made a lot of noise and could have been what Luther Stanton heard.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab,

Are you considering there may have been a photo shoot taking place at 10:00 at night?

UKGuy said:
Some state she was wrapped 'papoose style' ?

Just so there's no confusion here, it was John Ramsey who stated in the '98 interviews that JB was wrapped "papoose style." Since he's the only one (aside from the perp) who actually saw her wrapped in the blanket, I think this is a definitive fact. Unless of course he's lying. Although I can't see why he would lie about that?

MIKE KANE: All right. Okay. Now, when you
9 went inside to that room, you described the
10 blanket. And you said it was folded like -- I'm
11 just trying to get a mental picture of it. Was it
12 like --
13 JOHN RAMSEY: It was like an Indian papoose.
14 MIKE KANE: Okay.
15 JOHN RAMSEY: You know, the blanket was under
16 her completely. It was brought up and folded over
17 like
18 that.

13 MIKE KANE: It wasn't like it was just
14 barely thrown over her?
15 JOHN RAMSEY: No, it looked like somebody
16 was trying to make her comfortable, because it was
17 under her, completely under her head and brought
18 up around her, as if you would wrap a --
19 MIKE KANE: Papoose?
20 JOHN RAMSEY: -- a papoose.

capps said:
BlueCrab,

Are you considering there may have been a photo shoot taking place at 10:00 at night?

capps,

No. Luther Stanton supposedly heard the metal-scraping-concrete sound soon AFTER his wife supposedly heard the scream, which was late (between about 12 and 2 AM). Therefore, in this theory if there was a photo-shoot using the black sheetmetal as a backdrop, it would have taken place after that time because the scraping noise would have occurred while bringing the sheetmetal into the house after the scream (since the black sheetmetal was still in the house and is currently stored in the BPD evidence room). A Ramsey would have had to let them into the house because the scream and scraping noise would have scared off an intruder.

Of course, in this theoretical scenario, the scream having taken place before the scraping noise would mean that JonBenet was in distress even before the photo-shoot got underway. The photos or videos then, if taken, would have been sexual sadistic in nature, perhaps culminating in a snuff scene (the filming of a real murder).

It's only a theory, but it fits the evidence.

BlueCrab

Voice of Reason said:
Just so there's no confusion here, it was John Ramsey who stated in the '98 interviews that JB was wrapped "papoose style." Since he's the only one (aside from the perp) who actually saw her wrapped in the blanket, I think this is a definitive fact. Unless of course he's lying. Although I can't see why he would lie about that?

Voice of Reason,

Thanks for the quote, me neither, but he could have ulterior reasons.

From the quote this must mean whilst Fleet White stood and watched, John unwrapped the two blankets, not an insignificant action, then proceeded to remove the duct tape, and untie her.

Yet in JR's quote the there is no mention of blanket(s), its in the singular. From memory Fleet White returned to look at the duct tape, for some unknown reason, he stated it was on a blanket, e.g. not blanket(s), and if there were separate blankets, you would have expected FW to have noticed them on his initial search.

Possibly in the great scheme of things its not important, but its certainly curious?

I realize that anything's possible, but hauling in sheet metal for a photo shoot seems like a lot of trouble. Is this a common backdrop...any photographers here who know? If a perp brought in sheet metal, that seems way odd. It would be clunky and certainly could be noisy, plus the houses are so close it would be easily viewed by the neighbors to be walking up with sheet metal. I would think a perp would want to have items much more inconspicuous.

Thanks, capps, for posting that list.

The sheet metal backdrop seems too obvious, too conspicuous.

If that happened, and was set up by an intruder unknown to the Ramseys, why would you go to all that trouble and risk being heard and/or seen when a cloth sheet would suffice as a backdrop, and be much smaller, lighter, and easiler to conceal than a sheet of metal? This isn't professional photography. The main goal would be get in, get the kid, take the shots, get out asap, not drag around a sheet of metal for that perfect background.

If this was pre-arranged by someone with the Ramseys, say a late-night photo shoot, why wouldn't they have arranged to drop the sheet metal off at an earlier time?

I just keep going back to the fact that was Christams night, the end of a long day, and there were solid plans to awaken very early to catch a flight to Michigan to meet up with the older kids. How likely is it that Patsy or John actually thought it a good idea and worth the time and the effort to meet up with someone after ten pm and have a photo shoot and/or session of abusing JonBenet?

They were coming home late, they had to get up early, I'm sure they were looking forward to seeing the older kids (and meeting Melinda's new boyfriend for the first time)... I just can't envision them making a date for that evening with anyone else for what could wait to happen when they got back from their cruise. And I certainly can't see an intruder taking a risk like that.

Nuisanceposter said:
They were coming home late, they had to get up early, I'm sure they were looking forward to seeing the older kids (and meeting Melinda's new boyfriend for the first time)... I just can't envision them making a date for that evening with anyone else for what could wait to happen when they got back from their cruise. And I certainly can't see an intruder taking a risk like that.

Just as a point of fact: The Ramseys were not meeting Melinda's fiance Stewart for the first time in December. He had already spent time with the family in Charlevoix the summer of 1996. We can know this because Stewart and Melinda are listed as having run, on July 27, 1996, in a foot race held as part of the Charlevoix Venetian Festival. He placed 156th in the race, Melinda was 157th.

http://www.runmichigan.com/results/96/venetian72796.html

All right, point noted. Thanks. Always good to get more info.

But even if this wasn't the first time they were meeting the boyfriend, I still have serious doubts that J and/or P weren't planning on sleeping until morning as soon as they got home and had made no plans for meeting someone who was interested in JonBenet after ten pm. Logic tells me that when it's Christmas night and you have made plans in advance to rise early the next day and fly to meet the rest of the family to continue celebrating Christmas, you don't arrange with someone to come over and take pictures of and/or molest your six year old daughter. And definitely not when it involves the moving of a sheet of metal during the night.

Nuisanceposter said:
All right, point noted. Thanks. Always good to get more info.

But even if this wasn't the first time they were meeting the boyfriend, I still have serious doubts that J and/or P weren't planning on sleeping until morning as soon as they got home and had made no plans for meeting someone who was interested in JonBenet after ten pm. Logic tells me that when it's Christmas night and you have made plans in advance to rise early the next day and fly to meet the rest of the family to continue celebrating Christmas, you don't arrange with someone to come over and take pictures of and/or molest your six year old daughter. And definitely not when it involves the moving of a sheet of metal during the night.

True, true. I think it is far more likely than not that the sheet metal was not used for photography, was not hauled around much. But perhaps it was hauled around a little.

Here is a possibility. It is true that taking the sheet metal into evidence is an anomalous act, given all the other items in that room like all those window screens, and the paint cans. What other reason can there be for taking the metal? I propose this idea. As we know, even people like Steve Thomas have had incentive to withhold information. Perhaps a certain piece of crime-scene staging can be inferred. What if the sheet of metal was laid down on the concrete floor over the safe door which was embedded in the floor? To protect JonBenet's body from being pushed against the hinges and handle and lock mechanisms that had to have protruded from it in order for a person to open it? A mere blanket would not be good enough to keep all that metal from pushing into her back, but a sheet of metal would.

If the blanket was found on top of the metal, there would be powerful incentive for taking that piece of metal into evidence. It would not be visible in the only picture we have of the blanket on the floor, because of course it would be underneath the blanket.

Try this. Take a look at this photo. See that clear area to the left, with the sharply-defined lines marking where the white concrete dust had not formed? Imagine that there was a piece of sheet metal there. Rotate that piece to the right 90 degrees. It might explain why the sound of scraping metal was heard (sound broadcasting through the nearby duct out to the front of the house), it might indicate that there is sheet metal under that blanket, and it would be extremely compelling reason to take a piece of metal into evidence.

149_csblanket.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime