Blind for 26 yrs, woman has heart attack & regains sight!

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Jan. 28, 2006 — For 26 years Joyce Urch of Coventry, England, listened to her family grow — five kids, 12 grandkids, three great-grandkids.

She listened, but she couldn't see them. Blinded by a hereditary illness, Joyce was resigned to a life of blackness.

Then one day, she was rushed to the hospital with chest pains. Doctors described her as lifeless. She had suffered a heart attack and kidney failure.

Then Urch woke up after a lifesaving operation and opened her eyes. She could see.

"I shouted, I did," Urch said. "I said, 'I'm back, I'm back.'

more at link:http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=1551891

Line from article:

"I thought to myself, he was so lovely at one time," Joyce Urch said. "Now he's getting old and gray."

"She leaned forward," Eric Urch said, "and she just looked at me and said, 'Haven't you got old.' And I said, 'Wait 'til you have a look in the mirror.' "

TOO FUNNY!!! LOL

oh I love stories like this! This is wonderful! Too funny about that line! hehe wonder what she thought when she saw herself. Boy she really was in for a treat 26 years without seeing, the whole town probably had changed alot by then.

Nothing short of a miracle for this darling lady. Seen her on GMA this morning. My Dad went blind at 50 & its a miserable life to live & not see.:twocents:

My grandmother is blind, she has glaucoma really bad and it's robbed her of seeing her family. It's not something fun to live with, she's constantly afraid of falling. This is remarkable...she is very lucky.

What a miracle for this lady! I know that having a heart attack is incredibly traumatic, but what a payoff for her! She can see! What a happy story.

AWw!!! I love this story!
Imagine seeing the world again for the
first time in years....and after a heart-attack
and kidney failure no less. She must cherish
the littlest of things! I hope she lives many
more healthy, happy years, and never loses
the wonder of it all.:)

Thanks much for posting this, Linda!!

Love,

Ariel:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics