1050 users online (198 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

MT - Life sentence in '88 murder of Dolana Clark, 9, Great Falls

Man gets life sentence for killing 9-year-old girl in 1988

By the Associated Press - 01/30/2006

GREAT FALLS (AP) — A district judge sentenced Wilfred Morrisey to life in prison without parole Friday for killing a 9-year-old girl in 1988, ending a more than 17-year ordeal for her family. ‘‘It’s an enormous roller coaster that’s finally going to stop,’’ said Janine Wall, half sister of Dolana Clark. ‘‘We finally have justice for my little sister.’’

Dolana was last seen riding her bike on Aug. 2, 1988. A hunter found her skull, with a bullet hole in it, in the Little Belt Mountains in the fall of 1989.

Morrisey, 65, a friend of the Clark family, was interviewed after Dolana’s disappearance. Friends said Morrisey’s demeanor changed dramatically, he severed ties with the Clark family and moved to Illinois a few months later.

Police reopened the case in 2002 and within a month, had interviewed and arrested Morrisey.

More: http://www.montanastandard.com/artic...jigjjcfbii.txt
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

Now that is justice. To bad the guy didn't admit it when he was first questioned. It would have saved the family all of those years of heartache because there had been no justice for the little girl.

I wonder what prompted LE to open the case and then go after the killer again?