The Kitchen - Photos

why_nutt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was looking at the sole picture I have (taken from the National Enquirer book of Ramsey interrogations) of the kitchen as it was photographed on the morning of December 26th. I ask your feedback for the following interpretation:

The picture below is the overall scene of the kitchen. There is quite a lot of stuff on that table, for example you can clearly see the mixer used to make the Christmas morning pancakes John said were made, so despite Patsy's claim that she cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast, evidence suggests that the table was not wiped off and all cooking items put away in their places.

kitchenoverall.jpg

But upon looking at this picture closely, I believe I see the items I have tagged.

Is that indeed the famous bowl of pineapple? It does seem to be a bowl, it appears to be an ordinary glass bowl, and because it is glass, it does seem to show that inside is a bunch of light-colored material which could be pineapple. Coming out of the bowl is what appears to be a largeish spoon, and if that interpretation is correct, then it also appears that the spoon is in the bowl not with the handle out and spoon in as would be average, but with the spoon out of the bowl and the handle stuck in the pineapple, which would explain why Patsy makes a big deal out of saying that she would never have left it in that "setup."

Then there is that long, black object. Is that the Maglite? If so, it is right near the bowl. Perhaps the flashlight was used to keep a person, whether adult or child, from having to turn the kitchen light on and attract attention, while providing enough light at the table to eat by. This would rather tend to fit with Bluecrab's theory. If the flashlight was turned off right before the person finished eating, someone might have accidentally put the spoon in the bowl upside-down, accounting for why it would be in the bowl in such an unusual way.

Finally, the camcorder. That definitely is a camcorder on the kitchen's breakfast table. I have seen and owned many camcorders, and that part sticking up is the telescoping viewfinder. But why is it in the kitchen, if John and Patsy claim that they knew they would not be using it on Christmas morning? Why was it not in whatever ordinary place it would be stored, a camera bag or closet or such? A breakfast table is not by any stretch of the imagination a usual place to keep such an expensive piece of electronics, and most especially not with the viewfinder extended and children running around. That is a recipe for breaking it right there. It was taken into evidence, so nothing incriminating was found on any tape known to be associated with it, but the tapes camcorders of configuration used are very small, small enough to slip into a coat pocket. Perhaps the camcorder on the table is mute witness supporting the theory proposing suspicions about something untoward having been taped on Christmas morning. It would be nothing at all to swap a different tape into the camcorder, say, a tape of the children washing fruit in that same kitchen, as has been rumored was found in the device.

Anyway, thoughts?

kitchenitems.jpg

why_nutt said:
I was looking at the sole picture I have (taken from the National Enquirer book of Ramsey interrogations) of the kitchen as it was photographed on the morning of December 26th. I ask your feedback for the following interpretation:

The picture below is the overall scene of the kitchen. There is quite a lot of stuff on that table, for example you can clearly see the mixer used to make the Christmas morning pancakes John said were made, so despite Patsy's claim that she cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast, evidence suggests that the table was not wiped off and all cooking items put away in their places.

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/kitchenoverall.jpg

But upon looking at this picture closely, I believe I see the items I have tagged.

Is that indeed the famous bowl of pineapple? It does seem to be a bowl, it appears to be an ordinary glass bowl, and because it is glass, it does seem to show that inside is a bunch of light-colored material which could be pineapple. Coming out of the bowl is what appears to be a largeish spoon, and if that interpretation is correct, then it also appears that the spoon is in the bowl not with the handle out and spoon in as would be average, but with the spoon out of the bowl and the handle stuck in the pineapple, which would explain why Patsy makes a big deal out of saying that she would never have left it in that "setup."

Then there is that long, black object. Is that the Maglite? If so, it is right near the bowl. Perhaps the flashlight was used to keep a person, whether adult or child, from having to turn the kitchen light on and attract attention, while providing enough light at the table to eat by. This would rather tend to fit with Bluecrab's theory. If the flashlight was turned off right before the person finished eating, someone might have accidentally put the spoon in the bowl upside-down, accounting for why it would be in the bowl in such an unusual way.

Finally, the camcorder. That definitely is a camcorder on the kitchen's breakfast table. I have seen and owned many camcorders, and that part sticking up is the telescoping viewfinder. But why is it in the kitchen, if John and Patsy claim that they knew they would not be using it on Christmas morning? Why was it not in whatever ordinary place it would be stored, a camera bag or closet or such? A breakfast table is not by any stretch of the imagination a usual place to keep such an expensive piece of electronics, and most especially not with the viewfinder extended and children running around. That is a recipe for breaking it right there. It was taken into evidence, so nothing incriminating was found on any tape known to be associated with it, but the tapes camcorders of configuration used are very small, small enough to slip into a coat pocket. Perhaps the camcorder on the table is mute witness supporting the theory proposing suspicions about something untoward having been taped on Christmas morning. It would be nothing at all to swap a different tape into the camcorder, say, a tape of the children washing fruit in that same kitchen, as has been rumored was found in the device.

Anyway, thoughts?

http://s92053900.onlinehome.us/kitchenitems.jpg
Honestly, I think when Patsy said she cleaned up the kitchen, that was her version of clean (and I'm not trying to defend her, just giving my opinion of her). From everything I've read, she was not the neatest person in the world. I read how the front of the house, living room, etc. would look great and then the back of the house would be a big mess. I mean, for Patsy to say she cleaned up was probably her getting the dishes in the dishwasher, especially not having the housekeeper around.
Now, I definitely can be open-minded about everything else you said, which was left on the kitchen table-yes, suspicious indeed. You raise some excellent questions. Way to go, why nut. But my only question is: why leave these things in such obvious places. And if they were going to go to the trouble of wiping down the flashlight, why not wipe down the bowl as well. That's the part I don't get.
Finally, I have a question for you all. What if the sick perp actually taped the killing of JBR and took the tape with them. Did they ever check that camera for fingerprints. What do you all think about that one?? Am I totally out in left field?????????????
Ellen13

why_nutt

Nice find , although I find it difficult to make out the items, I accept they appear to be there.

Now from memory the maglite was on a counter not a table, anyway not a big deal, the bowl and serving spoon we know about, but the camcorder is a nice detail, I have to agree, just what is that doing there. I guess I could speculate it was being used prior to her death, e.g. pageant rehearsal, is posited as a possibility for her dressing up, as of course is the more salacious erotic posing assumption. The big question is, is there any innocent footage of JonBenet in that camcorder? This aspect potenially reopens and maybe offers some validity to the line of question by TD of PR regarding photographs of JonBenet taken in/found in the basement, which on reflection may have been a trick question mmm, interesting!

Why-nutt,
Great photo!
But I have to admit,you have better eyesight than I do! Except for maybe the lens of a camcorder,I can't make heads or tails of what is on that table.

As for the camcorder,didn't John or Patsy say they were going to take videos,but than discovered that the battery was dead? Of course wasn't there also another rendition,of John saying "Since I lost Beth,I realized life is short and didn't want to waste the time behind a camera,I wanted to be enjoying the time with them". Or something close to that.

Who knows ....

why_nutt said:

kitchenoverall.jpg

Anyway, thoughts?

kitchenitems.jpg

why_nutt,

I'm having trouble distinguishing the items as clear as you. But just a couple of reminders (because I know you are already aware of these things):

o The flashlight was a black 3-cell Mag-lite that measured 12 1/3 inches in length and when found it was standing upright on its end on the kitchen counter.

o The bowl of pineapple was found on the table in the breakfast room -- a separate room off the kitchen and not shown in the picture.

BlueCrab

My thoughts (sort of playing devil's advocate here)...

The mixer...the mixer is definitely on the counter, but that doesn't necessarily mean they didn't clean up. You can't really tell if it is clean or not. That may be where the mixer goes? Not everyone stores that stuff in the cabinets. Or it could be out to dry.

Flashlight, bowl, and spoon...I really can't make out any of those objects on the table. Your enlarged picture helped, but I still find the chances of the items you identified as being such at around 50/50.

Camcorder...that does seem to be a camcorder, but I'm not sure what that means. Maybe it was brought out xmas morning, and when it was realized that it had no battery power, they just put it on the kitchen counter. It is a somewhat unusual place to leave the camcorder, especially if it was not in use, but I don't really know what conclusion to draw from that.

Just to sign up as a Devil's Advocate: If the maglite could have come up from the basement and been placed down anywhere that seemed safe, why not similarly the camcorder!

e.g. its there because thats where it happened to be dumped !

Is that a day planner on the counter next to the flashlight? It would seem to me, just a guess, that the perp was "nosily" reading that planner by flashlight . John did not say he owned that maglight, he suggested in his interview that his was newer, cleaner, not dirty as the one LE showed him in a picture. Let's not forget, as well, that one camcorder was stolen just weeks before the murder, by a worker. (or so assumed Patsy)

sissi said:
John did not say he owned that maglight, he suggested in his interview that his was newer, cleaner, not dirty as the one LE showed him in a picture.

sissi,

The ownership of the flashlight was resolved -- it belonged to the Ramseys. The Mag-lite had been coated with a chemical in an effort to bring out fingerprints and it permanently dulled the shiny black exterior. It's somewhere in the police interviews.

BlueCrab

why_nutt said:
Is that indeed the famous bowl of pineapple? It does seem to be a bowl, it appears to be an ordinary glass bowl, and because it is glass, it does seem to show that inside is a bunch of light-colored material which could be pineapple.

why_nutt,

The little bowl that contained the pineapple was Lenox China. Lenox China comes in many different colors but most are in shades of white. I don't know if they come in clear glass (such as the bowl in the picture).

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
why_nutt,

The little bowl that contained the pineapple was Lenox China. Lenox China comes in many different colors but most are in shades of white. I don't know if they come in clear glass (such as the bowl in the picture).

BlueCrab

China's always opaque by its nature. I do know that Lenox makes crystalware too, but as far as I know it's all stemware, beverage sevices and vases, nothing large like a bowl. If you look at that bowl, it has a definite lip on it as well, which would seem to me to argue for pressed glass or plastic anyway, as opposed to crystal. Crystalware almost always has a plain edge.

-Sepka the Space Weasel

As far as the camcorder being in the kitchen, it was Christmas, and things were probably in disarray just from that event. Then, throw in the fact that P was somewhat messy herself, and it doesn't seem to be odd to me that the camcorder was in the kitchen. Again, she may have set it there so as not to forget it when they were to leave the next morning for Charlevoix.

Nehemiah said:
As far as the camcorder being in the kitchen, it was Christmas, and things were probably in disarray just from that event. Then, throw in the fact that P was somewhat messy herself, and it doesn't seem to be odd to me that the camcorder was in the kitchen. Again, she may have set it there so as not to forget it when they were to leave the next morning for Charlevoix.

Nehemiah,

Given most other domestic affairs it would probably not be remarkable, but she was going on holiday, she did pack some stuff in advance, why not the camcorder? What else is on the table lest she forget?

It would appear that the kitchen or breakfast bar played some role prior to JonBenet's death, BlueCrab has speculated on this, the maglite was found in the vicinity, so its not unreasonable to suggest that the camcorder may have played a part in some scenario prior to her death.

BlueCrab said:
why_nutt,

BlueCrab

Lenox dishware does indeed come in crystal form, and in bowls that flare out just like that one seemingly in the picture.

http://tinyurl.com/afgd5

Trying to make sense of the cloudy picture has had me squinting and trying to SEE what is what.

The flashlight and black book are in fact lying on the counter fixture itself. If you note immediately to the left of what appears to be the book, is a definite outline of squarish cutting board, plain to see. If all items on that counter were removed, including the cutting board, it would be a counter top table surface. A sit around watch mom cook deal, and eat some er help mom some while sitting there and being 'happy', hopefully.

The flashlight tilts - perhaps where the cutting board is about to end.

Why_nutt, I am guessing that the picture in YOUR book shows greater clarity than the picture you have posted.

I have a piece of Lennox china from the 1960's and it is a very pale pale cream with gold banding around the top. It is a small bud vase, hubby brought it to me with flowers when our first son was born.

Christmas is a difficult time to keep things pristinely tidy.

I am wondering what the two small blackish items are, lying on the cutting board, at the bottom right. Is this film?

Are there lots of pictures in the book you have ?, what other pictures are in the book?

Wish I had gotten the book myself.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998