1231 users online (221 members and 1010 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    My husband and I also have a trust setup to avoid probate issues later. I am in California and our property tax bills are now addressed to “The <name> Family Trust.” We live in a condominium community and our statements, etc., from the homeowners association read the same way. If looking at property tax info on line (at least here in California) you can see many family trust
    Iistings like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    BBM

Hmm...

That "unknown individuals" and "disappearance" does sound scripted doesn't it - maybe by the same person who referred to SP as a "Supermom" and "signature long blond hair."

MOO
    Perhaps the use of the word kidnapped might infer SP was held for ransom?

kidnapped definition:

take (someone) away illegally by force, typically to obtain ransom.

"they attempted to kidnap the president's child"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by debbiegarcia36 View Post

kidnapped definition:

Why wouldn't they use the word abducted?

Quote Originally Posted by debbiegarcia36 View Post

kidnapped definition:

Well you didn't include a link to where you got that definition but under California law kidnapping does not necessarily include ransom. If a ransom is demanded or some other extortion it might fall under aggravated kidnapping;
    California Kidnapping Laws

The crime of kidnapping describes the act of moving another person against that person's will. To establish the elements of set by California's kidnapping laws, a prosecutor must show that the defendant used physical force to take, carry, or otherwise move the victim. Alternatively, the defendant must have persuaded the victim to move due to intimidation or fear. The victim did not voluntarily agree to the move.

In addition, a prosecutor must prove that the defendant moved the victim for a substantial distance. The legal term for the move is "asportation." The prosecuting attorney might establish substantial distance for the crime of kidnapping by looking at the actual distance moved. The prosecutor might also present evidence regarding the defendant's decision to move the victim from a public place to a more secluded place.
    http://statelaws.findlaw.com/califor...ping-laws.html
    All New Members and Guests
    To Websleuths!

A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information . . . And Also - WS Lingo

Quote Originally Posted by Midge Montana View Post
    Why wouldn't they use the word abducted?
    I think what someone said earlier is correct - the media has to mix up the language a bit and not too much should be read into taken vs abducted vs kidnapped.

Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by bears10 View Post
    I would be very surprised, and frankly disappointed with the government, if all it took to collect $1,000 (tax free) per month for the rest of your life, is a broken nose, a brand, and bruises and cuts. JMO.
    I cannot believe she is getting anywhere close to $1,000.00 a month disability!
    SP had not worked that long in her young life to qualify for an amount close to this.

Where did this figure come from? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    IF itís accurate that they bought the house with cash, did they get any from the funds raised on SPís behalf?

I quoted this Daily Mail story saying they bought the house outright too, but upthread someone indicated that records showed that the house had been
    transferred to a trust or something, so the DM could be wrong.
    If it is correct that it was transferred to a trust, then there was not a mortgage on the house. That is the law in NC.

So, the Papinis suddenly came up with some money? Would the price they paid for this house be considered "a deal"? All I have ever heard is how expensive it is to live in California.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I think what someone said earlier is correct - the media has to mix up the language a bit and not too much should be read into taken vs abducted vs kidnapped.

Jmo
    Yes but the FBI poster says disappearance. Not Abduction or kidnapping. I think thatís significant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    SP had not worked that long in her young life to qualify for an amount close to this.

I donít believe it either. The person I was replying to was using the figure that their friend who is on disability for a mental disability gets per month.

HLN segment. Exclusive interview with the People Magazine reporter Christine Pelisek. Apologies if it's already been posted - dated Nov 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXrC5k3OKo

Was glad the interviewer asked the "why release it now?" question.

There are some details discussed which I hadn't noticed before. Investigation even went to LA area. 50 new tips since they released the surveillance video. LE may be looking at familial DNA, genealogical DNA searches due to the male and female DNA found. LE doesn't think it's a "sex ring thing".

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post

It came from my own experience with someone who worked full time for a couple of years after college, then sporadic temporary low-paying jobs after that. She went on disability and gets 1,100 per month for life. And that amount will be adjusted upward from time to time, I'm sure.

Given Sherri's years working in an AT&T store and being a corporate sales rep after that, I have no doubt that if approved for disability, she would get $1,100 per month. This is not a statement of whether I think she will get it, or deserves it. It's just speculation that if he abduction was a hoax, she could have done it in order to get on disability.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
    It came from my own experience with someone who worked full time for a couple of years after college, then sporadic temporary low-paying jobs after that. She went on disability and gets 1,100 per month for life. And that amount will be adjusted upward from time to time, I'm sure.

Given Sherri's years working in an AT&T store and being a corporate sales rep after that, I have no doubt that if approved for disability, she would get $1,100 per month. This is not a statement of whether I think she will get it, or deserves it. It's just speculation that if he abduction was a hoax, she could have done it in order to get on disability.
    I just think if that's what she was after there are far easier ways to get it. If this was financial it was for the donations and the GFM (much more $$$), and possibly consideration from someone who's business got a lot of free advertising.

I get the feeling this wasn't a "kidnapping", but a "disappearance". A voluntary one, at that.

I think this case is just going to die off. Some made money, some got fleeting notoriety. But I think it's going to die off, go into oblivion, be forgotten.
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I just think if that's what she was after there are far easier ways to get it. If this was financial it was for the donations and the GFM (much more $$$), and possibly consideration from someone who's business got a lot of free advertising.
    Disability cases get reviewed every year and a half or so. Thereís no guarantee she would get approved for SSDI benefits in the first place, let alone for the rest of her life. I agree that there are much easier and surefire ways to get money if thatís what they were after.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast