GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
22-year-old Tess Richey was last seen in the Church and Wellesley area Saturday at around 3 a.m. She was out with a friend at a bar, but her whereabouts after that are unknown. Her sisters said it is out of character for her to run off or cease contact with loved ones. The last form of communication they received from her was just after 3:30 a.m. on Saturday through a fitness tracking device. Her sisters said it detailed thousands of steps taken since midnight.

Tess is described as standing 5’2″ and having a thin build. She has dark brown eyes and dark brown wavy hair. She was last seen wearing a green army-style jacket with zippers, black leggings and over the knee black-heeled boots. Tess was carrying a multi-coloured purse.

Hours before Tess was last seen, another woman went missing in the same area. Officers have not connected either incident.

DPp-HKcXcAANQME.jpg

DPp-HKdXkAAw9qG.jpg

https://globalnews.ca/news/3884515/family-of-missing-toronto-woman-appeal-to-public-for-answers/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/missing-woman-tess-richey-1.4422387
attachment.php

'We need our girl back.' Family of missing woman pleads for information

Tess Richey, 22, was last seen early Saturday morning in the Church and Wellesley area
Richey, 22, was last seen in the Church and Wellesley area around 3 a.m. Saturday during a night out with an old friend from high school.

Richey's distraught family, which includes four other sisters and their mother, were desperate for information late Monday about what happened to the "baby" of the family.

"We just need the number five back," her sister, Jenna Richey, told CBC Toronto.

"We need our girl back."

Rachel Richey said her sister left her house, which is not far from the Church Street strip, around 11:30 p.m. Friday and headed out for the night.

Rachel messaged Tess around 8:45 a.m. Saturday, but didn't hear back. While Rachel thought that was strange, she figured her sister was sleeping.

"I tried consistently throughout the day and it wasn't until 6 or 7 o'clock that I realized that she hadn't answered any of the text messages and they actually hadn't been delivered. When I tried calling it went straight to voice mail," Rachel said.

"It was after that that I started panicking and calling hospitals and the police."
Ryley Simard said she and Tess, friends in high school back in North Bay, had not seen each other in two-and-a-half years, but talked on Thursday and made plans for the next night. The pair went to Crews & Tango, a drag bar on Church Street.

'Why'

They left sometime after 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Simard said, and they'd had a lot to drink. They walked to a home on nearby Dundonald Street, where they hung out on the porch with the woman who lives there and another, unidentified, man.

Simard did not remember how they met the woman or man.

Simard said she got a text from her boyfriend around 4 a.m. asking where she was and asking her to come home. She walked south to get on the College streetcar.

Her last memory of Tess is seeing her outside the home. It wasn't clear why police said Richey was last seen at 3 a.m., but Simard said she left the group at 4.
rbbm.

Attachments

• tess-richey.jpg
    tess-richey.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,766
Tess' sister, Rachel, was on Newstalk 1010 this morning but nothing much new to report... Her sister indicated that Tess had called for an Uber ride at 3 or 4am (I think she said 4) but she did not take it. Wish they had asked a follow up question to determine if she refused the ride or was not at the pickup point.

Tess' sister, Rachel, was on Newstalk 1010 this morning but nothing much new to report... Her sister indicated that Tess had called for an Uber ride at 3 or 4am (I think she said 4) but she did not take it. Wish they had asked a follow up question to determine if she refused the ride or was not at the pickup point.

From the interview with her sister in London:

Tess will turn 23 tomorrow.

Tess was enjoying a night out with an old high school friend. She said her sister was going out Friday night with a friend to celebrate her upcoming birthday. “They hadn't seen each other for some time.” Tess and the high school friend met up with another couple at their home.

Two of the Richey sisters and her mother live in North Bay.

Tess ordered a ride from Uber, but failed to get into the vehicle. Her sister knows this because Tess' Uber account is linked to her mother's credit card.

The family is trying to piece together a timeline.

“There's been no activity on her debit or credit cards or cellphone.”

1298004851425_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.nugget.ca/2017/11/28/missing-toronto-woman-has-ties-to-north-bay

Thanks for answering that question, JerseyGirl, re Uber! Now the next question would be, was the Uber meant to take her home or somewhere else?

Also--I hate to read into photos too much, but the one taken the day she went missing (the outside photo), Tess looks unwell/extremely tired to me, when compared to the other photos. Don't know if that's relevant to the situation but it stands out to me.

I live only 10 minutes east of where Tess was last seen... I will take a wander around this afternoon. Hoping she reaches out soon--she sure is loved by her family...

... looks unwell/extremely tired to me, when compared to the other photos. Don't know if that's relevant to the situation but it stands out to me.

According to televised statements from a sister, she had ended a relationship recently and probably was tired.

Just heard Tess has been found deceased. Family to release info later today... Rest In Peace, Tess.

Police said there was no trauma on the body and the death was not suspicious. Her friend said they were intoxicated to the point they didn't know how they met the people whose home they went to. If she continued consuming, given her slight built, she likely died as a result of alcohol intoxication or a combination of alcohol consumption and exposure as outside temps this time of year at 3-4 in the morning are down int he 30's. So sad. https://www.mynorthbaynow.com/25543/tess-richey-missing-since-early-saturday-found-dead-toronto/

Just saw this, so very sad.
It is quite a busy area, surprising that Ms Richey was not found sooner. imo.
http://www.cp24.com/news/missing-22-year-old-woman-found-dead-in-church-and-wellesley-area-1.3700708
[h=1]Missing 22-year-old woman found dead in Church and Wellesley area[/h]
Police say Richey’s body was found near Church and Dundonald streets on Wednesday afternoon.

According to Const. Allyson Douglas-Cook, there is nothing so far to indicate Richey died under suspicious circumstances, but she said police will be “investigating it as such” until it can be “proved otherwise.”

A Facebook post by the missing woman’s sister, Rachel Richey, indicated that the young woman had gone out on Friday night and never returned home.

Police said there was no trauma on the body and the death was not suspicious. Her friend said they were intoxicated to the point they didn't know how they met the people whose home they went to. If she continued consuming, given her slight built, she likely died as a result of alcohol intoxication or a combination of alcohol consumption and exposure as outside temps this time of year at 3-4 in the morning are down int he 30's. So sad. https://www.mynorthbaynow.com/25543/tess-richey-missing-since-early-saturday-found-dead-toronto/
From the link, just heartbreaking.
Today would have been Richey’s 23rd birthday
rbbm.

I read somewhere someone who lived in the area wrote that she was found inside a boarded up restaurant in the area. Such a horrific assumption, and even sadder if it's true :(

I really, really hope they have footage of the two of them getting drunk at the bar.

attachment.php
screenshot of Google imagine of intersection LE said she was found near. Not sure as to date taken.

Attachments

• Toronto Church St. intersection.jpg
    Toronto Church St. intersection.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 891
Wonder why she was re-connecting with the old friend. Does seem odd to have something go wrong after being with an old/new friend.

Wondering why Tess would enter an abandoned house,creepy enough by day, never mind late at night, imo.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2017/11/30/22768307.html
attachment.php

Richey's body was discovered at an abandoned building at Church and Dundonald Sts., just north of Wellesley St., and the source said it appears she fell down some stairs after a night of drinking.

Richey’s friend, Ryley Simard, has told the CBC she hadn’t seen her high school friend in more than two years and the pair met up late Friday at Crews & Tangos — a drag bar in the Village.

The pair had been drinking heavily and left the bar around 1:30 a.m., she said, explaining they walked up the street to a home where they hung out on the porch chatting with a woman who lived there and an unidentified man.

Simard said she left Richey, who lived nearby, around 4 a.m. and walked south to College St. to catch a TTC streetcar home.

Attachments

• image11-e1512057957110.jpg
    image11-e1512057957110.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 863
When I was in college I once drank so much alcohol at a party with some female students who lived nearby that I woke up the next morning in the bathtub of the house next door. The owners were out of town and had forgotten to lock the side garage door. I had NO clue how I ended up there. I didn't remember even going outside. Last time I ever got drunk. When we're young we think we're invincible but if you add alcohol it's a good way to be a victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back