760 users online (105 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Matt Lauer fired by NBC, accused of "inappropriate sexual behavior"

Matt Lauer fired by NBC, accused of "inappropriate sexual behavior"
    CBS NEWS November 29, 2017

The network opened the "Today" show on Wednesday with news of the termination. NBC News chairman Andy Lack released a statement, saying the network had "received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace by Matt Lauer."

Matt Lauer Fired Overnight After NBC Received a Complaint Alleging 'Inappropriate Sexual Behavior'
    Stephanie Petit November 29, 2017

“On Monday night, we received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace by Matt Lauer. It represented, after serious review, a clear violation of our company’s standards. As a result, we’ve decided to terminate his employment,” Lack said in the statement. “While it is the first complaint about his behavior in the over twenty years he’s been at NBC News, we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.

This is one I definitely didn't see coming.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardsdream View Post
    I never liked Matt Lauer, but I didn't either.

There have been rumors about his behavior for years. I didn't believe them at first, but they became so numerous it seemed there might be some truth to them. Yep, there was.

All the recent revelations about the entertainment industry show an ugly side to that business. Politics, too, though that's been around forever. It's what happens when you mix power, money and big egos. As this stuff comes to light, perhaps more people will spend less time worshiping celebrities. These people are entertainers, they're not that important to our society nor should they be put on a pedestal. Good people in your own community and elsewhere are more worthy of our respect.
    Last edited by Betty P; 11-29-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    All statements are my opinion only.

I saw it coming......hehe.
    Now I wonder who will get that coveted spot .....?
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

The timing of all of this is so interesting to me. Is it because the victims feel emboldened and safe to come forward or is it some type of over all payback? I remember reading how upset HRC was about how Lauer questioned her during an interview while campaigning. She is in a perfect position to spill the dirt she has on everyone, Hollywood, media, politicians, etc...just my musings!
    RIP - Hannah Graham RIP - Beverly Carter RIP - Moonchild

Today's co-anchor Savannah Guthrie read a statement on-air from NBC News Chairman Andy Lack shortly after 7 a.m. Wednesday:

On Monday night, we received a detailed complaint from a colleague about inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace by Matt Lauer. It represented, after serious review, a clear violation of our company's standards. As a result, we've decided to terminate his employment. While it is the first complaint about his behavior in the over twenty years he's been at NBC News, we were also presented with reason to believe this may not have been an isolated incident.

Lack added that NBC wanted to "create a workplace environment where everyone feels safe and protected" and that management is "deeply saddened by this turn of events."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...exual-behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    There have been rumors about his behavior for years. I didn't believe them at first, but they became so numerous it seemed there might be some truth to them. Yep, there was.

All the recent revelations about the entertainment industry show an ugly side to that business. Politics, too, though that's been around forever. It's what happens when you mix power, money and big egos. As this stuff comes to light, perhaps more people will spend less time worshiping celebrities. These people are entertainers, they're not that important to our society nor should they be put on a pedestal. Good people in your own community and elsewhere are more worthy of our respect.
    I never really liked him, but I still didn't see it coming.

I just really hope David Muir is safe. I love that man.

I wonder if they will rush to fill a spot or just have Savannah, Al and Hoda tonight for the Rockefeller Christmas Tree lighting. Matt was also supposed to co-host.

Quote Originally Posted by bestill View Post
    The timing of all of this is so interesting to me. Is it because the victims feel emboldened and safe to come forward or is it some type of over all payback? I remember reading how upset HRC was about how Lauer questioned her during an interview while campaigning. She is in a perfect position to spill the dirt she has on everyone, Hollywood, media, politicians, etc...just my musings!
    JMO, it's because victims feel safe to say something when others are coming forward, too.

No doubt these allegations are being fully investigated by employers, otherwise they would be targets for libel or wrongful termination lawsuits. These people are all celebrities of one type or another and most work under contracts and have agents that protect them.

It's all long overdue.

ETA: It's been talked about for years that Bryant Gumbel, whom Matt replaced, also behaved horribly - sexist, harasser, etc. He's still widely disliked in the profession.
    All statements are my opinion only.

I saw it coming. I watch the show every morning and recently just had a feeling that he'd be one of the next. Ironically, the feeling came as the team was discussing the other recent allegations against public figures. I wonder if it was Natalie Morales that came forward.
    Letters from Prison

https://lettersfromprisonsite.wordpress.com

This site is in remembrance of a dear friend that was incarcerated at the age of 16. Serving three consecutive life sentences with no chance of parole led him to suicide at the age of 25. These are excerpts from his letters during the last four years of his life, the end of 2012 to the beginning of 2017. Four days before his suicide, I received these chilling last words. "I will try to get a medication change soon. I do not think my current meds are working. At least that seems to be the case."

I just really hope David Muir is safe. I love that man.
    RSBM. Oh, gosh, you and me both.

NBC doesn't come in well with antenna tv, so I never watched the today show, but this did surprise me. I wonder how long it'll be until WS needs a sub forum for all this inappropriate sexual bevavior.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I never watch the Today Show, but I always thought he seemed like a stand-up, “good” man. That was back when he was with Katie Couric years ago. I guess I was young and naive then. It’s astonishing the amount of people in this profession being accused right now. And a bit disheartening, too.

In the wake of all of these allegations against men, I am wondering if we'll see some against women (as in, "she told me if I didn't ________, she wouldn't promote my career/book/film, etc.). Or maybe not? Maybe there are not any women with powerful enough positions that it would happen. I'm just surprised that no one has popped up yet with an accusation.

<snip>

Matt Lauer allegedly sexually assaulted a female NBC staffer during the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014, sources told Page Six.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/29/matt-...ring-olympics/

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast