758 users online (102 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Roque's father is saying that she has plans to divorce Lauer
    Good! She needs to 86 that louse from her life so she can find love with someone decent, someone who hopefully won't cheat on her. It'll be sad for the 3 kids, but then again, Lauer & his wife were living separate lives anyway.

Someone like him should never be married, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ATasteOfHoney View Post
    No one makes me do **anything** that I don’t want to do. That’s just how my momma’ taught me.

Nope. Not for fear of intimidation, retribution, quid pro quo, money, etc

Nope.

And you know what? You can walk proud in your shoes knowing you’ve earned your way & you have self-respect.

And you have peace of mind.

If Someone is slightly creeping you out—let them know right there. Someone is saying something you don’t like—stop them in their tracks. Be honest & be real. Be true & be strong. Value yourself & know your self worth.
    This post is so damaging to victims and women in vulnerable positions everywhere. There are so many situations in which it's not as easy as "let them know" or "walk away." This post is putting a lot of blame on victims. It's NOT empowering, it's disheartening.

[QUOTE=Tawny;13800161]This post is so damaging to victims and women in vulnerable positions everywhere. There are so many situations in which it's not as easy as "let them know" or "walk away." This post is putting a lot of blame on victims. It's NOT empowering, it's disheartening.[/QUOTE

Then go right ahead and provide your words of empowerment.....feel free
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Good! She needs to 86 that louse from her life so she can find love with someone decent, someone who hopefully won't cheat on her. It'll be sad for the 3 kids, but then again, Lauer & his wife were living separate lives anyway.

Someone like him should never be married, IMO.
    BBM

I agree 100% - like I said earlier, sounds like he needs a job with his city sanitation department driving a garbage truck - a job away from women.

To add insult to injury - wonder if any woman he ever came in contact with (like maybe his wife) ever gave him a good swift kick to his jewels
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    You are correct, harassment is against every public company's policies. But I know people who have been harassed at public companies and got nowhere with HR even with pretty solid proof.
    And then you get to the medium and small size private companies and in many cases you are dead meat if you report harassment if the person is someone in a position of power. Your career is effectively over.

[QUOTE=ATasteOfHoney;13800417]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    This post is so damaging to victims and women in vulnerable positions everywhere. There are so many situations in which it's not as easy as "let them know" or "walk away." This post is putting a lot of blame on victims. It's NOT empowering, it's disheartening.[/QUOTE

Then go right ahead and provide your words of empowerment.....feel free
    Oh don't worry, I do, when and where it's necessary to do so.

[QUOTE=Tawny;13801094]

Oh don't worry, I do, when and where it's necessary to do so.
    I offer words of encouragement & empowerment. Women need to support each other. It’s really that simple & that’s what we do here at WS.
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

[QUOTE=ATasteOfHoney;13802394]

I offer words of encouragement & empowerment. Women need to support each other. It’s really that simple & that’s what we do here at WS.
    Saying that this could never happen to you because you are smart enough and strong enough to stand up for yourself and walk away is not supporting women. It's putting yourself above victims as if you are somehow better than they are because it's never happened to YOU. JMO

[QUOTE=Tawny;13803974]

Saying that this could never happen to you because you are smart enough and strong enough to stand up for yourself and walk away is not supporting women. It's putting yourself above victims as if you are somehow better than they are because it's never happened to YOU. JMO
    You’re bordering on a personal attack & you don’t know me. My words of empowerment are for **future events** like when your creepy Matt L boss next week asks you to unbutton your blouse.

Anyone can & should offer their guidance here on WS but I have yet to hear any poster do so. No one should go along with harassment because the end results are soul-stealing & gut wrenching. That’s my own opinion.

Go along with it (the harassment) is some crazy guidance......and sorry, I’m not going to give that.

I'm commenting on the post you made, not you as a person.

This post is so damaging to victims and women in vulnerable positions everywhere. There are so many situations in which it's not as easy as "let them know" or "walk away." This post is putting a lot of blame on victims. It's NOT empowering, it's disheartening.
    Standing up for oneself is not putting the blame on the victims, it is putting the power in their hands.

And I haven't heard of a single accusation where the victim was tied up before being assaulted. In fact every one of them could have used their feet and walked out rather than submit to the creeps.

A job is easy to replace. One's dignity - not so much.

Suggesting that women are too vulnerable to stand up for themselves is the most disheartening thing I have read yet.
    Last edited by TeaTime; 12-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.

The victims are already victims. Declaring that standing up for yourself prevents victimization is damaging to those who are already harmed. JMO, as an advocate for victims and a survivor myself.
    Not standing up for yourself just sets you up for more victimization. And not addressing the assault immediately just makes it easier for the creeps to do it to another person.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    Standing up for oneself is not putting the blame on the victims, it is putting the power in their hands.

And I haven't heard of a single accusation where the victim was tied up before being assaulted. In fact every one of them could have used their feet and walked out rather than submit to the creeps.

A job is easy to replace. One's dignity - not so much.

Suggesting that women are too vulnerable to stand up for themselves is the most disheartening thing I have read yet.
    What the ****

couldnt happen to a nicer guy

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    Not standing up for yourself just set you up for more victimization. And not addressing the assault immediately just makes it easier for the creeps to do it to another person.
    Way to stay victim friendly *thumbs up*

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast