• patricia_girou_2.jpg
Patricia, circa 1975

• Missing Since 06/11/1975
  • Missing From Clayton, Missouri
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 09/29/1929 (88)
  • Age 45 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dress and a hat.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Patricia's nickname is Patsy. Her ears are pierced.

[h=1]Jack Jerome Girou[/h]
  • jack_jerome_girou_1.jpg
Jack, circa 1975

• Missing Since 06/11/1975
  • Missing From Clayton, Missouri
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 06/21/1926 (91)
  • Age 48 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 170 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A suit coat, a white shirt, a tie, pants and dress shoes.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Jack may reverse his first and middle names, as in "Jerome Jack."

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Patricia is missing with her husband, Jack. They were last seen in Clayton, Missouri on June 11, 1975. Their seventeen-year-old daughter, JoAnne, stated her parents left that morning to attend a funeral. Jack allegedly took a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson revolver with him.

Jack and Patricia entered an unidentified large green limousine or Cadillac, and never returned. Before he left, Jack promised to call JoAnne to give her a telephone number where they could be reached in case of emergency. Neither of them have ever been heard from again.

The Girous' son reported them missing on June 17. He went to their residence to celebrate for Father's Day with them, and no one was home. He'd been unable to reach them by telephone for the past several days.

He found his parents' dog was in the backyard without food and water, and all of Jack and Patricia's belongings, including their vehicles, toothbrushes and two uncashed paychecks, were left behind. The garage and the windows were unlocked.

JoAnne stated she had an argument with her father the night before his disappearance; he disapproved of her boyfriends and her drug use and wanted her to move out the next day. She did pack her belongings on June 12 and went to stay with her sister. (She would later move in with her brother in Minnesota.)

All of the Girous' relatives took polygraph tests; JoAnne's was inconclusive, possibly due to her emotional state. She may have been under the influence of drugs on June 11, so her memory of that morning may not have been accurate.

Authorities discovered a car matching JoAnne's description of the one her parents got into was on the street that morning, but it was there to pick up a neighbor.

Patricia has a degree from Webster College and taught mathematics in the Rockwood School District at the time of her disappearance. Jack worked as a tool-and-die maker. Both were considered reliable and it's uncharacteristic of them to miss work without calling in.

Prior to their disappearances, they'd purchased ten acres of land and planned to build their retirement home on the plot. The Girous have four children, and only JoAnne was living with them by the time they disappeared.

Foul play is suspected in Patricia and Jack's cases, which remain unsolved.

http://charleyproject.org/case/patricia-girou

http://charleyproject.org/case/jack-jerome-girou

Take St. Louis County homicide detective Thomas Deakin, who 10 years ago picked up the file on the bizarre disappearance of Jack and Patricia Girou, who lived in Manchester and vanished one muggy summer morning in 1975, the first case in the summary above.

County Police did everything: Neighborhoods along La Bonne Parkway are still buzzing about the time the police dug up the back yard. Then they flushed out sewers; tested every bone found that looked as if it might have some bearing on the case; and waited for charge-card receipts to surface, or for some alteration in the Girous' bank accounts.

But, nothing turned up.

It's an investigation that's 21 years old (the Girous have been declared legally dead), but Deakin still plugs along, confident that he k nows who did it, who murdered the couple. But without bodies, the mystery of this missing couple will probably never be resolved. Nevertheless, the names of suspects can't be bandied about.

"But I'd bet my pension on it," Deakin says, talking about the person he's certain knows all the answers. "I'm going to retire in six or eight years, and if I don't solve it by then, I'll turn it over to my son Chad."

https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1P2-33026220/gone-but-not-forgotten-when-missing-persons-cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The Mystery: They Left Their Home, Disappeared" by Joe Holleman Of the Post-Dispatch - St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO), July 29, 1995 | Online Research Library: Questia

On an overcast, muggy Wednesday morning 20 years ago this summer - so the story goes - Jack and Patricia "Patsy" Girou dressed in their Sunday best. Jack loaded a pistol and stuck it in his pants. A Cadillac drove up.

They vanished.

Police flushed out sewers near their home on La Bonne Parkway, near Missouri Highway 141 and Big Bend Boulevard. They dug up the back yard. They tested bones found over the years. They monitored the Girous' bank accounts.

Without a trace.

The couple ran away from two jobs, two cars, two uncashed paychecks, four children and 10 acres they had just bought for their dream home.

Or did they?

Michelle Sheehan, a niece of the Girous, said the case comes to mind every summer. She says her mother, Patsy's sister, and other relatives simply want to know what happened.

"That's what we want. I think we all believe something bad happened, but we'd like to know what," she said. "There was no ending."

St. Louis County homicide detective Thomas Deakin also wants to end the mystery - ever since the case fell in his lap 10 years ago.

"There's nothing in this case that says this couple would just . . . walk off the face of the Earth," Deakin said.

On June 16, 1975, Edward Girou, then 25 and living on his own, reported his parents missing. Edward was supposed to have dinner with his mother and father that night. He had tried unsuccessfully to reach them by telephone over the weekend to get a time for dinner.

He figured they might have been camping on the 10-acre plot they had bought near Cedar Hill in Jefferson County. They were planning to build their dream house there.

On the afternoon of June 16, he finally talked to the only Girou child living at home - 17-year-old JoAnne. She told police the following story:

JoAnne, who became JoAnne Altman and is last known to have lived in South Carolina, said she and her father had quarreled on Tuesday night. He was unhappy about her lifestyle, including her drug use and her choice of boyfriends. JoAnne said he had told her he wanted her out of the house. She said her parents then went into their finished basement and began drinking. She went to bed.

The next morning, she got up and saw Jack putting on a sportcoat and loading the revolver he kept in his nightstand. Patsy looked out the window and told Jack, "He's here." Jack stuck the revolver in his waistband. He turned to JoAnne and said that they had to go away for awhile but that he would call as soon as he could with a number where they could be reached in an emergency.

Then he added that he still wanted JoAnne to be out of the house when they returned Sunday.

She said her boyfriend had come up from Louisiana on Thursday and helped her pack up her belongings. On Friday, she called her sister, Kathleen, and asked if she could stay at her apartment for the weekend. Kathleen agreed.

Finally, on Monday, JoAnne told Edward that their parents had left and not returned. Edward went to the house. He saw that the windows and garage were unlocked and that the family dog had not been fed for several days - behavior that would have been unacceptable to Jack Girou. …

"The Mystery: They Left Their Home, Disappeared" by Joe Holleman Of the Post-Dispatch - St Louis Post-Dispatch (MO), July 29, 1995 | Online Research Library: Questia

I know the daughter was only a teenager, but it wouldn't be the first time a teenage girl and her boyfriend got rid of a parent/parents. Is anyone else a little suspicious of the daughter? Maybe she didn't want to be made to move out.

The daughter is definitely suspicious, but the dog being left outside for an indefinite period of time without food or water really gets me. Would they really give the daughter the boot, then leave for “awhile” with no instructions about the dog? And, would a 17 year old and/or affiliates be able to pull this off without leaving a trace? Especially since the information infers that Jack was packing and was probably a normal thing for him, and therefore, probably a “tough guy” type. I really feel like there are some chunks of information missing, but intrigued anyway.

I have the impression that she lost control and along with her the boyfriend perhaps had a bad reaction and killed them perhaps with poison or another way... third parties involved and helped dispose of the bodies... she should be investigated again..
whatever the two of them may they rest in peace

Do you have more info about that UID?
I found this other possibility:
Curiously, Cape Girardeau is en route to Louisiana...

This UID's skull was located by narcotics officers, so I assume drug dealers may be involved... So, what do we know about JoAnne's boyfriend? Did he have a criminal history?1688292608940.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back