1194 users online (238 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Roman Peterson, 6, dies of head trauma, Orlando, 30 Jan 2006

Mother Missing After Child Found In "Dire" Condition

POSTED: 11:52 am EST January 31, 2006
    UPDATED: 3:51 pm EST January 31, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A six-year-old boy is in an Orlando hospital. Police said he may have been severely beaten. Now, his mother is missing along with three of his brothers and sisters.

Orlando police officers are searching for the boy's missing mother and her three children after a relative discovered the injured child at the family's Orange County home and rushed him to the hospital.

The six year old boy was transferred to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital late Tuesday morning. Police said he was unresponsive, describing his condition as "dire."
    "It's sad, because this young life is in the hospital in very, very critical condition," said Barbara Jones, Orlando Police Department.

The boy's aunt discovered his lifeless body in an apartment near the airport late Monday night. By the time he arrived at Orlando Regional, his condition was so grave that homicide detectives took over the case and crime scene investigators responded to his bedside.

The boy lives with his mother, 31-year-old Adrienne Wilkerson, and his five siblings, who range in age from one month to 12 years old. Police said Wilkerson and the three youngest kids are nowhere to be found and, with each passing hour, police get more concerned for them.

"Obviously, not only do we want to talk to her, but we also want to check the wellbeing of those three other children," Jones said.

The family moved into the apartment in the past couple of weeks. But aside from loud music from the unit, neighbors like Tiffany McNeil said they heard and saw little of them in a community with plenty of kids.

"It's pretty odd, 'cause there's kids out here all day, every day, and we've never seen them or anything," McNeil said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/6624404/det...301312006&ts=H

So there are two siblings who are accounted for? Where are they, I wonder, and maybe they know what might have happened.

How sad for this poor child.

I wonder just how far this woman can run. I hope they locate them soon. How worthless can you get to leave a six year old to die.

the boy died
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Mother Found

Mother Being Questioned After Son Dies From Injuries

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The search for an Orlando mother ended Tuesday afternoon. Police want to know where she was and what role she had after her injured child was rushed to the hospital in critical condition and later died.

The mother was missing for more than 12 hours as her son lay in critical condition with a severe head injury. Late Tuesday afternoon, she was found with three of her other children at her Orlando apartment. Later Tuesday, her young son died from his injuries.

The Orlando homicide squad has officially taken over the investigation.

More: http://www.wftv.com/news/6632164/detail.html
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Oh good grief!

Someone needs to beat her senseless! Once again, a parent who needs to be shot and never allowed to have children anywhere near her!! Boy, this gets my blood boiling .

I am beginning to believe in vigilante justice more every day!

Child Dies From Injuries As Mother Faces Charges

POSTED: 6:40 am EST February 1, 2006
    UPDATED: 12:52 pm EST February 1, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The six-year-old boy who was found unconscious in his family's Orlando apartment has died. The boy's mother was in court Wednesday morning, charged with child abuse and neglect.

It was Cheryl Draughon, the boy's aunt, who first discovered six-year-old Roman Peterson in the family's apartment late Monday night as she delivered food to Roman and his siblings. She found him on the bedroom floor, his eyes open, his body motionless.

According to the arrest report, when Draughon took the boy to the hospital, doctors found healing welts indicating a whipping with a belt, a month-old infected burn on his hand and cuts around his eyes.

http://www.wftv.com/news/6646676/det...302012006&ts=H

How can anyone be so cruel?