759 users online (105 members and 654 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Jim Nabors, 'Andy Griffith Show' actor, dies at 87

'Andy Griffith Show' actor Jim Nabors dies at 87

Actor and singer Jim Nabors has passed away at the age of 87, according to reports.

Hawaii News Now reported Thursday that Nabors*passed away Thursday morning...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/enter...ors-dies-at-87

Especially bittersweet here in Indiana, as he sang "Back home Again in Indiana" before nearly every Indianapolis 500 for the last four decades. He was much loved here, and his presence at the races were just another part of the rich traditions it holds.

'and when I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash, how I long for my Indiana home.'
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Jim Nabors, Gomer Pyle on ‘Andy Griffith Show,’ dies
    Audrey Mcavoy, Associated Press

Honolulu – Jim Nabors, the shy Alabaman whose down-home comedy made him a TV star as Gomer Pyle and whose surprisingly operatic voice kept him a favorite in Las Vegas and other showplaces, died Thursday. He was 87.

Nabors, who underwent a liver transplant in 1994 after contracting hepatitis B, died peacefully at his home in Hawaii after his health had declined for the past year, said his husband, Stan Cadwallader, who was by his side.

“Everybody knows he was a wonderful man. And that’s all we can say about him. He’s going to be dearly missed,” Cadwallader said...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/obi...ors/108162654/

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Especially bittersweet here in Indiana, as he sang "Back home Again in Indiana" before nearly every Indianapolis 500 for the last four decades. He was much loved here, and his presence at the races were just another part of the rich traditions it holds.

'and when I dream about the moonlight on the Wabash, how I long for my Indiana home.'

So sad. RIP, gentle man.

Jim Nabors, who starred as Gomer Pyle on ‘The Andy Griffith Show,’ dies at 87
    by Daniella Silva and The Associated Press

Jim Nabors, the actor known for his role as the beloved “Gomer Pyle” on television comedies and for his booming operatic voice, has died. He was 87.

Nabors, who starred as Gomer Pyle on “The Andy Griffith Show” in the early 1960s and went on to have his own spinoff show, died Thursday, husband Stan Cadwallader, who was by his side, told The Associated Press.

Nabors died peacefully in his home in Hawaii, Cadwallader said.

“Everybody knows he was a wonderful man. And that’s all we can say about him. He’s going to be dearly missed,” Cadwallader told the AP...

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...w-dies-n825321

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post

The more recent races were not the same without him.

RIP.
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan
    #metoo

I loved his portrayal of Gomer Pyle in the Andy Griffiths Show. There was something touchingly sweet about him and ‘Gomer’. Vale Jim.
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission