1569 users online (253 members and 1316 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Thomas Hargrove and Bessie Featured in the latest edition of The New Yorker

Congratulations to Tom Hargrove, Bessie and The Murder Accountability Project for their work being featured in The New Yorker

From the article:
    Thomas Hargrove is a homicide archivist. For the past seven years, he has been collecting municipal records of murders, and he now has the largest catalogue of killings in the country—751,785 murders carried out since 1976, which is roughly twenty-seven thousand more than appear in F.B.I. files.
    Websleuths is very proud Thomas Hargrove is a member at Websleuths.
    When you read this article you will discover just what an amazing man Tomas Hargrove is and how he spends his time trying to keep all of us safe by finding serial killers.
    MAP, The Murder Accountability Project is a great tool but you have to understand how to use it properly.
    Bessie has been a member of Websleuths since 2008 and is one of our best mods especially when it comes to mapping, using figures, all of the things that I absolutely cannot comprehend let alone try and use when I am posting.

The New Yorker reached out to Bessie and she explains how the Murder Accountability’s website helps her when she works on cases.
    To have The New Yorker reach out to Bessie is a huge testament to her abilities.

You will be pleasantly surprised to find out the many different paths Mr. Hargrove took that led him to finally put The Murder Accountability Project together.

LIke this: In 2007 one of those paths led him to discover something so surprising about Sudden Infant Death Syndrome that his research is the reason SIDS is looked at completely different than before.That's just one.

Please post and let Thomas Hargrove and our wonderful Bessie know how much we all appreciate their hard work. CLICK HERE for the article

Thank you,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Congratulations to you both! Awesome work you two!!

AWESOME!!!!!

Wow! Congratulations! 🏵🌻

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Great stuff Thomas and Bessie! Thank you for everything you do for VoC and WS x
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

wtg Thomas & Bessie!
    also I noticed MIchael Arntfield is also featured in the article

WOW.

That is a fantastic article. This is a huge win for anti-crime advocates. The New Yorker is traditionally an anti-victim, pro-criminal outlet. They never talk about crime unless it's cops or prosecutors doing wrong. Big hugs to everyone involved. What a great road. Science will get them.

What a great article....I learned so much. What you are doing Mr. Hargrove is sensational. Finding patterns is such interesting (and addicting) work. How very cool you get to do that for a living (or non-profit I believe now?) Thank you so much for sharing MAP with us...I love using it.

Bessie you are awesome.....you have every state mapped...how exciting. Thanks so much for all you do and the inspiration I receive from what you have collected and created.

I am just so grateful to have found WS and like-minded people who love finding patterns and putting pieces together. I lose track of time doing this hobby (I have a real job that I really need to get sleep for!!)

Thanks again Tricia and all!!

Very nice work, Mr. Hargrove! Thank you for persevering.

Bessie, you always amaze me!
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Wow - this is fantastic.

Fascinating article. Congratulations to all involved!
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

What an interesting article. And what an incredible brilliant mind made this project happen. Great work Thomas Hargrove. And Bessie you are just incredibly awesome as usual. Congratulations to you both!

What a great article, kudos to you Thomas and Bessie!

Data and analytics are my thing, and I truly believe in the power of them to transform many industries including law-enforcement. It is an uphill battle, however as the article speaks about, to change the culture of law-enforcement and detectives who Have relied on tedious work and intuition for so long to trust the findings of a computer, but there are police departments around the country that have been adopting more analytic-based techniques into their processes. The future is here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic news!! Keep up the good fight Thomas and Bessie and all Websleuths!
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Great job guys. Im glad to hear this. Keep up the good work.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast