704 users online (80 members and 624 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    I dunno, it's just crazy. Why report that no bodies were found? That's creepy. I feel so sorry for her parents, sisters, thinking all along there may be some hope that she was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    I dunno, it's just crazy. Why report that no bodies were found? That's creepy. I feel so sorry for her parents, sisters, thinking all along there may be some hope that she was alive.
    There was a news report on Sunday or Monday, where the reporter said that an employee from one of the family businesses stated that family was very sad. I think the family knew shortly after this all began that ML was dead.

Remember that the sister's plea for help and information came the same night as the fire, and that sister likely had not been told about the body yet. (No one may have known at that point.) Then the next thing we knew (Saturday), there were no search parties formed, and police were telling people there was no danger to the public.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

"He said fire investigators consider the Friday blaze suspicious because of “the concentration of where the fire’s at.”

I wonder where the fire is.... Who lives at the house? Just the parents and the daughter?

Source: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/0...rl-arson-fire/

Quote Originally Posted by illumin8 View Post
    "He said fire investigators consider the Friday blaze suspicious because of “the concentration of where the fire’s at.”

I wonder where the fire is.... Who lives at the house? Just the parents and the daughter?

I think he meant where the fire was located within the house. I'm sure they will have fire experts looking into it.

This is almost as strange as the Sodder family fire.
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."_

Likely to find me online _
    in the middle of the night

Has it been confirmed that it was a house fire or near by structure fire? They most likely knew that she died Friday night.

I'm wondering if an autopsy will show if she was killed prior to the fire starting and the fire was set to destroy evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by illumin8 View Post

The audio from this same Dec. 2, 2017 article stated that the fire broke out on Saturday at the home of a "family member."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/0...rl-arson-fire/
    "Undersheriff Wohlers confirmed investigators are considering the missing girl’s possible involvement in the fire.

However, he said, there are no suspects regarding the arson.

Wohlers also said there was no body found at the scene of the fire."
    You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes ... you have to hold his head under

Quote Originally Posted by alexwood View Post
    The audio from this same Dec. 2, 2017 article stated that the fire broke out on Saturday at the home of a "family member."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/0...rl-arson-fire/
    "Undersheriff Wohlers confirmed investigators are considering the missing girl’s possible involvement in the fire.

However, he said, there are no suspects regarding the arson.

Wohlers also said there was no body found at the scene of the fire."
    There is another home on that property

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

See it? On the left. Now it could be a shop or big garage or something, but I thought it looked like a small home. Maybe like a little guest house.

Quote Originally Posted by pamelado2 View Post
    See it? On the left. Now it could be a shop or big garage or something, but I thought it looked like a small home. Maybe like a little guest house.

There's also a building to the east of the house. Looks like a large detached garage for a RV, but it could be another residence.

Attached Images Attached Images

did they release the 911 call yet?

http://www.9news.com/news/crime/miss...rway/497628903
    KUSA - The Park County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Thursday morning that they have positively identified the human remains found inside of a burned home as Maggie Long, a 17-year-old who was reported missing after her home caught fire on Friday.

Investigators say they believe the fire was intentionally set, and in a news release Thursday, said they consider Long’s death a homicide.

Quote Originally Posted by ksprincess View Post
    I'm wondering if an autopsy will show if she was killed prior to the fire starting and the fire was set to destroy evidence.
    Determining whether someone was alive when the first broke out is easy at autopsy. You’re basically looking for soot (an amorphous black material generated during a fire) found in the airways (mouth, nares, trachea, bronchi) of individuals inhaling smoke during a fire. Its presence in the airways and soot deposition on trachel mucosa and the dorsum of the tongue at autopsy indicates that the decedent was breathing and thus alive during the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by interestedincases View Post
    JMO.......My first thought when reading (before the most current press release) was that maybe ML was on her cell with a friend and was having a breakdown, throwing things and threatening herself and the friend called 911. ML started fire then committed suicide.

But, with the new press release, it says it's being investigated as a homicide so.....that throws my thought out the window.

Curious case for sure, especially with the connection to her sister!
    The man who committed the crime against her sister has been dead for years, and she was a stranger to him so I doubt it's connected in my opinion

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast