Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalagali

Reaction score
The Canyon Courier reported that family and friends became suspicious when Maggie Long, 17 of Bailey, didnt show up to a concert at Platte Canyon High School that she helped organize.

Longs sister posted about her disappearance on Facebook Friday night.

There was a fire at around 6 p.m. Friday in the 3700 block of County Road 43 that is being investigated as arson, according to Park County Undersheriff Dave Wohlers.

The Park County Sheriffs is actively working a crime scene off of County 43 and as of this time there are no search parties being organized however if in the event one is needed in the near future the Park County Sheriffs office will ask for volunteers, Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener said in a Facebook post Saturday afternoon.

A sheriffs office spokesperson said the fire at the house on County Road 43 is where Maggie long lives. There is significant damage to the home, but the spokesperson said its not clear yet if anyone was there.

17-year-old girl reported missing in Park County

More at link but no photo.

MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE THREAD (no discussion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no body found at the scene of the fire.

maggie-long-3-from-maggie-long-fb.jpg

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/02/missing-girl-arson-fire/

Her facebook page shows an always smiling happy looking young women who loves her friends and her pets. She looks to be very much into high school theater and I can't imagine her missing an event she helped organize.

Wow this is terrifying! She seems like a very intelligent and accomplished 17 year old. I wonder what could have possibly happened, especially in Bailey of all places, my Mom lives close to Bailey and I grew up about 30 minutes away, it's tiny but it is right off of highway 285. I don't have a good feeling this will have a happy ending.

Why is this case not getting more attention? This is terrifying. I pray Maggie is okay but the gag order makes me less hopeful that this is going to end well.

I'd love to hear that 911 call. Does anyone know what kind of area their house was in? Curious about if there may have been other potential witnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member