1269 users online (241 members and 1028 guests)  

Websleuths News

Father Beat 4-Year-Old With Stick

SAN ANTONIO -- A 24-year-old man was arrested Wednesday after his 4-year-old daughter told police that he beat her with a stick.

Antonio Mendiola was being held in the Bexar County Jail on $80,000 bond on a charge of assault with serious bodily injury to a child.

"We believe that the weapon that he used to assault the child is a stick about 2-foot long," said Sgt. Gabe Trevino, of the San Antonio Police Department. "(A) stick from a tree that he actually used to assault the child. Matter of fact, they said he actually broke the stick on her body."

Police said they found out about the latest suspected case of child abuse in Bexar County from a 911 caller.

When detectives arrived at the Woodland Apartments in the 10100 block of Broadway, they were told Mendiola had taken his daughter to Northeast Baptist Hospital.

Due to the seriousness of her injuries, the little girl was then transferred to the trauma center at University Hospital, police said.

The girl had bruising on the back of her legs and significant injuries to her face, police said.

I would just LOVE to take that 2 foot long stick and beat him and to leave bruises on his legs and face. These evil people NEED to feel the pain they are bringing onto an innocent child.

Makes me sick!

Some people say violence isn't the answer..but if we had eye for an eye law, people would be able to feel the pain that they took in their own hands to a little child.

And it would also show a lesson to people that would even think about harming a helpless child.

That's just my opinon and I don't see that the eye for an eye law would come into effect.

But I would definetely be for it!

That's good that somebody actuallly called 911 though! God only knows how much longer it would go on for, or how long it'd take til we'd hear that another kid was killed in the hands of their parent.

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Poor little girl And how brave she is to tell the truth of what that man did to her!