Found Deceased CA - Tyler Silva, 21, Muir Beach, 3 Dec 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
21-year-old Antioch man is missing at Muir Beach, according to his family.

Tyler Silva's family reported him missing at 3:30 p.m. Sunday near the Pirate's Cove Trail. The search began Sunday night.

According to the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, the search and rescue effort was underway Monday on roads, trails and coastline between Muir Beach and Tennessee Valley. The search concluded for the day just before 4 p.m. it was not clear if the search would resume in the morning.

At this point, additional details have not been released.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/21-year-old-reported-missing-at-muir-beach

Tyler's facebook-

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.silva.779
cdcf53c539c68e0d8de44a27643b3b73.jpg

How did he and the girlfriend get separated? And he goes missing right after? [emoji848] Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did he and the girlfriend get separated? And he goes missing right after? [emoji848] Hmmmmm

My guess is that he wanted to go to the cliff and she didn't, so she probably was hanging out waiting for him.

How awful if he did fall and get swept away.

There are some times when hikers wanna go off trail maybe and the others don't, or perhaps there was a precarious area she was scared of, or maybe she just needed a breather.

What was the weather like, was it extra windy?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

There are some times when hikers wanna go off trail maybe and the others don't, or perhaps there was a precarious area she was scared of, or maybe she just needed a breather.

What was the weather like, was it extra windy?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Oh no! Found deceased: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Body-of-Missing-Hiker-Found-Near-Stinson-Beach-463500573.html

Polk on Monday said Silva's body was found about two miles off Stinson Beach. There were no signs of foul play, Polk said.

Oh no! Found deceased: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Body-of-Missing-Hiker-Found-Near-Stinson-Beach-463500573.html

Polk on Monday said Silva's body was found about two miles off Stinson Beach. There were no signs of foul play, Polk said.

“Off Stinson Beach”.. How far is that from where he was last seen? Was it a fall? Suicide? Was he in the water and washed ashore, or was he found on the beach?

This kid had lost five friends to suicide just this year and he had literally hit rock bottom himself and crawled back to a much better life. Whether Tyler’s fall was an accident or deliberate it’s a terrible tragedy. I’m so sorry he didn’t get to fulfill his obvious potential. He seemed like a neat guy with a good future. Condolences to all who loved him...and there appeared to be many. :heartbeat:

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.silva.779/posts/1647424621981504?pnref=story

This kid had lost five friends to suicide just this year and he had literally hit rock bottom himself and crawled back to a much better life. Whether Tyler’s fall was an accident or deliberate it’s a terrible tragedy. I’m so sorry he didn’t get to fulfill his obvious potential. He seemed like a neat guy with a good future. Condolences to all who loved him...and there appeared to be many. [emoji813]beat:

Beautiful post Lilibet ❤️

The distance between Muir Beach and Stinson Beach is about 6 miles by road. No doubt a shorter distance as the crow flies. A 2 hour and 7 minute walk.

This kid had lost five friends to suicide just this year and he had literally hit rock bottom himself and crawled back to a much better life. Whether Tyler’s fall was an accident or deliberate it’s a terrible tragedy. I’m so sorry he didn’t get to fulfill his obvious potential. He seemed like a neat guy with a good future. Condolences to all who loved him...and there appeared to be many. [emoji813]beat:

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.silva.779/posts/1647424621981504?pnref=story
His facebook page says adrenaline junkie and in my heart...I see an accident.
Moo

His facebook page says adrenaline junkie and in my heart...I see an accident.
Moo

I just wonder why he’d leave his girlfriend and walk approximately 6 miles away. Maybe he got lost?

“Off Stinson Beach”.. How far is that from where he was last seen? Was it a fall? Suicide? Was he in the water and washed ashore, or was he found on the beach?

I believe I have seen reported from some msm that he was found in the water and other msm reporting that he was found on land?

I just wonder why he’d leave his girlfriend and walk approximately 6 miles away. Maybe he got lost?

Since I don't know the area but noted the distance reported above if he ended up in the water could he have drifted to where he was located?

Since I don't know the area but noted the distance reported above if he ended up in the water could he have drifted to where he was located?

That’s exactly what I was wondering. It wouldn’t make sense that he’d leave his girlfriend and walk that far.

That’s exactly what I was wondering. It wouldn’t make sense that he’d leave his girlfriend and walk that far.

I agree "if" he intended to harm himself I would think that he would just go to a place alone not bring her along and then leave her. Unless there is more not known. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back