1011 users online (215 members and 796 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
    Quote Originally Posted by FindHG View Post
    Stay safe, charminglane and all our websleuther friends, your families and neighbors. At the 6 pm press conference yesterday (haven't found a link yet) it was mentioned how an area that'd not burned in a while would burn faster, as the fire worked it's way.

http://www.firehouse.com/news/123859...refighter-news

http://wildfiretoday.com/2017/12/10/...arbara-county/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2c540a443a63

Mandatory Evacuations Ordered for Parts of Montecito as Thomas Fire Grows to 173,000 Acres
    Strong Overnight Winds Pushed the Blaze Further West; Carpinteria
    Santa Barbara Independent

https://www.scpr.org/news/2017/12/10...bara-carpinte/

http://kcbx.org/post/evacuation-orde...to-carpinteria MAPS

http://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/10/...-bel-air-area/
    Re: Skirball

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...w-evacuations/ current information from fire officials and community response

http://www.ksby.com/story/37034249/t...or-air-quality

http://ktla.com/2017/12/10/more-evac...arbara-county/ current info from fire officials and community response
    Thanks for all of the info posting, FindHG. (I don't think we have crossed paths since Autumn went missing back October 2016?)

Are you local to CA? If so, stay safe yourself too!
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."_

Likely to find me online _
    in the middle of the night

Quote Originally Posted by AnaPisces View Post
    Thanks for all of the info posting, FindHG. (I don't think we have crossed paths since Autumn went missing back October 2016?)

Are you local to CA? If so, stay safe yourself too!
    Nope. On the right bank, in NJ. Melting snow here. Thank you for asking, AnaPisces, warmest of greetings.

Livestream

KEYT invites radio stations to take their signals with official permission, if it helps. They will stay on continuously ~3:17 pm est

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 3.43.59 PM.jpg near Viola water sourceScreen Shot 2017-12-10 at 3.43.28 PM.png helo's getting water (John ~ 3:45+)

CalFire: Dave Z?
    16,000 structures threatened
    Number of structures, to date 754 destroyed, damaged 162, total assessment, but crews working to update

Prepping, staging, focused on holding east of highway 154.

Two fronts: 1 Fire burning westerly in Carp. 2. ?

Life, property, preservations...

30 helos, 6 fixed aircrafts, all active but, winds challenging 3:03 pm east

Stay inside, air quality bad. Reporter (Melissa) looking for masks in the Santa Maria area, where to get them.
    'Thick thick smoke and ash'

Reporter hears Stanley Park Drive and Gubndor?, avocado orchard, North East of Carp., in upper foot hills, some structures destroyed, near earlier Shepard Mesa flare up

By 5 am fire, around Jamison lake and Toro canyon area.

12:30 pm 54 deg, due to smoke blocking sun where report is...

Don't waste water or your risk your lungs cleaning ash, for now.

Mid County distributing face masks tomorrow.
    Last edited by FindHG; Yesterday at 04:55 PM.
    my opinions only

I had to go out briefly, and was alarmed to see such a massive cloud of smoke in the distance, I believe from the Ventura /Santa Barbara Counties fires.

I'm in the South Bay, along the coast in an area of canyons and much dry brush (ok here...so far). Being high I can see in the distance.
    My God, this has to be stopped. Feel awful for all affected residents and wildlife.....such losses to beautiful areas.

Quote Originally Posted by charminglane View Post
    We are all good here.
    Slept in my clothes, because you never know.
    This area hasnt burned in over 30 years. It will happen at some point.
    And I will be ready and informed, because of the experience and caring of my friends here.
    Thank you all for your concern!
    Quote Originally Posted by charminglane View Post
    I believe these fires are intentionally set.

The first post I saw here today was about you getting ready for evacuating.... and my heart skipped about three beats. I was so relieved to make it to this post without jumping in to make my own plea ... and you are OK. Chaminglane ( love you user name), so glad this one got handled quickly. But if any of these fires are arson, may the perpetrators all be found and ge maximum punishments. That has to stop!

Has anyone head more from IQ? mistivon, too. I just want this over and work on getting you back to a semblance of normality. Many soft hugs and prayers.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    The first post I saw here today was about you getting ready for evacuating.... and my heart skipped about three beats. I was so relieved to make it to this post without jumping in to make my own plea ... and you are OK. Chaminglane ( love you user name), so glad this one got handled quickly. But if any of these fires are arson, may the perpetrators all be found and ge maximum punishments. That has to stop!

Has anyone head more from IQ? mistivon, too. I just want this over and work on getting you back to a semblance of normality. Many soft hugs and prayers.
    I'm suspecting some of these fires are indeed arson. Unbelieveable.

Much love, and prayers for all of you affected by this.

{{{HUGS}}}

Breast Cancer Survivor/Superhero

Debugging - both computer program and brain.

Find Bridge Guy - Justice for Libby and Abby

Justice for ALL victims.

NEW EVAC ZONE EXPANDED: ~ 2 pm pst check for updates...

MANDATORY Evacuation - HOT SPRING RD to BEUNA VISTA DRIVE
    WARNING Evacuation - MISSION CANYON ROAD to COLD SPRINGS RD,
    ABOVE APS... From APS to HOT SPRINGS RD between South Salinas
    & NORTH OF Highway 92 (check local alerts and maps)

Community meeting at 4 pm, San Marcos Hill, to answer questions...
    Please arrive early as fire officials have to go back to fighting the fire.

Check current outage map, Caroline say from SCE

Official says:
    Air quality monitor, smoke staying aloft (Sloan . No need air quality good enough in the county. Monitors showing good air quality, but if it changes, they will release info. N95 masks, not needed at this time, officials. Stay indoors, run particulate filters if you have them, close windows, they will monitor and press release measures they will be taking if things get worse
    (But if you smell smoke and see ash, use masks, use your judgement, cover up)

https://www.ourair.org/todays-air-quality/

Emphasis, please leave, and though tough to leave, it's safer better for lungs and health. Remember your:
    6 P's prescriptions meds & glasses, personal PC, passports (documents, pets,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It97piBrE30

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 3.53.37 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-12-10 at 3.52.27 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-12-10 at 4.07.05 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-12-10 at 3.53.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 3.56.26 PM.jpg areas of drops

SB Fire Captain Dave Zaniboni: by helo loading area
    Obey orders, leave if Mandatory, get ready if Voluntary
    Doesn't mean Montecito is imminent threat, but given the speed of the fire...
    Carp aggressive firefight morning
    Fire established back side of the mountain, big smoke coming from the back country. Hand crew, bulldozer in remote areas, like Los P Nat. Forest.
    Gubnr. Cnyon lotsa damage. Canyons taken deep hit deep, crews kept it to minimal damage to structures.
    Helo's get directed to hot spots, like the homes saved in Shepard's Mesa.

citrus doesn't burn as quickly
    Last edited by FindHG; Yesterday at 06:16 PM.
    my opinions only

California (more like SoCal) is my most favourite area.
    I travel there at least once a year.
    Now it's on fire
    Stay safe to the WSers who live in or around the fire areas
    If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change!
    Where is baby Sky Metalwala? Missing since 2011!

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.24.02 PM.jpgAir Quality Warning.

SB County Red Flag Warning Expired.

Curren near Polo Grounds?.jpg (Allice) current conditions, in the way above foothills as seen from around Polo grounds, off 101, maybe.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.35.23 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.35.47 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.36.39 PM.jpg residents appreciate the effort, apparently
    (John Palminteri ) Fire fighters pre-checking (not projects) residences, tagging houses, and maintaining control of who is there, packed and ready, going in and out of area, noting structure vulnerability like over hanging branches. Finds the air still. Compares this fire to past fires, this fire was a bigger start. How much is too much wind 20,30 or 40 mile per hour, where firefighters are overwhelmed? This fire is mesmerizing in terms of how it's happening if not flat out shocking. Largest in December. Fifth largest in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It97piBrE30 (not at all precise notes)

Masks suggested and available for free locally, check for info
    Last edited by FindHG; Yesterday at 11:44 PM.
    my opinions only

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 11.05.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 11.05.52 PM.png fire above Carp. controlled. Craven's Lane around the HS area. As seen from near Linden Ave on 192.
    Watch the flag and the winds around you to have and have a sense of fire around you. Car that belong, get plates, call LE. People get out the way, no sight seeing. Lots of LE check point CHP is very present in the area
    Evac Map Red area mandatory Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 11.49.48 PM.png
    over Carp toro canyon.png From Whit Ave.png as seen by Alyse from the highest point in Smrlnd, on Whitney Ave, seeing fires the hills above Carp. in Toro Canyon area.

Dr. Dean: Expert suggests wear N95 face masks correctly to filter particulates. Bandanas, cloth won't work. Can cause long term lung damage to vulnerable. Normally lungs clean out, Giver your lungs a break out of town for 4 or 5 hours. It accumulates, so important to give lungs a break.

http://www.keyt.com/news/live-newsch...rage/670698437
    without the captions, same as below
    Last edited by FindHG; Today at 12:53 AM.
    my opinions only

This fire is terrifying it’s like the gates of hell have opened. Praying for all the people and animals affected.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Santa Barbara is so beautiful. And so full of people and animals. This is far from over....
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Los Olivas incident contained, veg. fire. out

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 12.45.23 AM.png now 12:49 est. monitoring fire no progressing, from 192/near turn off to Cate School ?, by avocodo orchard, hill side, front country. Scenery changing...

National Weather Expert: SB south coast, will see some up valley winds early morning hours. The winds will switch because of the terrain, topo. The winds move up canyon. Depends on where firefighters

Off shore flow most of the week overall (North or East).
    Like the Santa Ana from the basin which warm more due to compressional heating as they go through...

Onshore flow has more moisture brought in from along the coast.

Lookee loos (spelling?) obnoxious sight seers, please don't block roads around Whitney ave up the hill as residents, firefighter, LE, etc... need the roads clear. Stay away, roads winding, narrow and end.

Fire ran 7 miles today.

Red Cross does not need sequin gowns as much as cash donations. Fire department suggests donations to Red Cross. info shown below, in smoke cloud images.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.24.02 PM.jpg
    An Animal shelter (?) could use volunteers, not pet drop off service. shelter livestock...
    masks.png where to get masks

News staff complimented and thanked by community member, (UNITY aid group) for coverage and public service providing timely information needed.
    http://www.keyt.com/news/live-newsch...rage/670698437
    notes not precise
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FindHG; Today at 02:07 AM.
    my opinions only

I am glad to see everyone is safe and hope it stays that way. The west end of the fire is moving incredibly fast towards all these beautiful little towns. Unfortunately, the east end is also moving, albeit much, much slower and fewer evacuations on this side. Its alarming to look out your window and see the flames. I have to keep reminding myself that although its creeping closer, they have a better handle on this end and we are safe.
    I did a couple of jobs in Ventura yesterday and its crazy. Smoke is just hanging in the air. I had to hurry home for a breathing treatment...IDK how people who live there are coping. Being from TX, Ive never experienced anything like this and its just heartbreaking to see it in person.
    Thank you so much for all the posts. I havent had time to watch the news so its awesome that I can come here and get fully updated. Thank you for the efforts everyone is making to keep us in the loop.
    Praying for all of you (and the animals, esp at the SB zoo)
    Until tomorrow, be safe everyone

Checking on you all
    "Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered everywhere... everywhere... everywhere."_

Likely to find me online _
    in the middle of the night

Quote Originally Posted by mistivon View Post
    Praying for all of you (and the animals, esp at the SB zoo)
    I keep thinking of the humane society shelter in Ojai, what with the town being almost surrounded by fire. What happens if they are completely surrounded with no way out?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24