Sex: Male
Race: Black
Height: 5 ft. 05 inches
Weight: 180
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
State of Residence: Alabama
NCIC#: M115452204

Jeffery Cook was last seen at his mothers home in Hayneville, Alabama, on Friday, December 23, 2005. He was driving a 1994 dark blue 4 door Ford Crown Victoria, with dark tinted windows and Alabama license plate number 45A265M.

If you have any information, please contact the Lowndes County Sheriffs Office , , 334-548-2222 or the Alabama Bureau of Investigation Center for Missing and Exploited Children by phone at 1 800 228 7688 or via Internet e-mail:
acmec@dps.state.al.us

Photo at link:

Alabama Department of Public Safety

State Offers Reward for Missing Lowndes County Man

Posted: Feb 1, 2006

Each telephone call brings hope of good news for Charlotte Newbolt... news that her nephew, Jeffery Cook, is alive and safe. Newbolt says, "The family has taken it very hard."

Months shy of his 22nd birthday, Jeffery Cook , vanished two days before this past Christmas.

"He said he got jumped by some boys, some Hayneville boys," says Cook's sister, April Rudolph. An assault by a group of males in Hayneville the week of Cook's disappearance lead investigators to suspect foul play. That and one crucial clue.

December 29th, investigators found Cook's Ford Crown Victoria in Montgomery. Pools of blood soaked the front seat and floor.

Newbolt says, "I do believe his so-called friends know where he's at."

Forensic scientists haven't determined whether the blood in Cook's car belongs to him or someone else. Meanwhile, investigators and his family remain optimistic that Jeffery Cook will return to them.

"Sometimes I can't sleep at night because I always be thinking of him," says Rudolph. "I'll look out the window to see if his car is pulling up. I just be scared because I wonder where he at."

Newbolt adds, "I pray that he will be found safe. I just want him home."

Governor Bob Riley is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for Cook's disappearance.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Department of Public Safety Missing Persons Department at (334) 242-1142 or the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office at (334) 548-2222.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=4444394&nav=0RdE

My heart breaks for his family. Any new news? Has LE identified the blood yet?

GORDONVILLE -- Cold muddy water now fills the shallow grave where killers left Jeffery Cook's body to rot on a chilly December night in 2004.

Anita Cook reported her son missing the day after Christmas more than two years ago. Suffering poor health, she could not attend the news conference Friday where police announced suspects were being sought in her son's death.

Hayneville Police Chief Kelvin Mitchell said Cook, 21, was shot in the back of the head and buried in a shallow grave about 120 yards from Lowndes County 12, just west of this crossroads community. The bullet was found in his skull and will be examined for evidence linking it to the killers.

An anonymous tip lead officials to the site, hidden in thick brush.

"This was about jealousy, money and drugs," Mitchell said. "Jeffrey wasn't hanging with the 'wrong crowd.' He was a target."

Mitchell said Cook, a Calhoun High School graduate, was not a big man. He was 5 foot 2 inches tall and weighed about 140 pounds. Cook was well known, but he may have been involved with the "wrong woman," he added.

Investigators from the Second Circuit Joint Drug Task Force, Alabama Bureau of Investigation, Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives questioned several suspects in 2004, days after Cook was reported missing.

"We just couldn't put the pieces together," Mitchell said. "Now we have a body."

John Andrews, district attorney for the Second Circuit, said the remains were found Jan. 25 and recovered by the Department of Forensic Sciences. He received confirmation about Cook's identity late Thursday.

"We were able to identify Jeffrey because he had X-rays taken after a car accident in 2004," Anderson said. "It's good, yet unfortunate, we could identify him so quickly."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070217/NEWS02/702170350/1009

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back