1552 users online (250 members and 1302 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    http://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-n...s-in-saline-co

So Clay County search is wrapped up but they are back to searching in Saline County??? (this is wilber, where phone pinged)

obviously are looking for SOMETHING specific....

On that note, there is an interesting story unfolding in BB s hometown of Trenton, MO. The body found there the same day as SL was found seems to have been staged to be found. LE laughably ruled it a suicide....family members are outraged and demanding investigation by outside law enforcement. Rural organized crime? Probably in no way related to SL, but due to the disturbing coincidences we should maybe keep it on our radar.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-p...-human-remains

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock74 View Post
    On that note, there is an interesting story unfolding in BB s hometown of Trenton, MO. The body found there the same day as SL was found seems to have been staged to be found. LE laughably ruled it a suicide....family members are outraged and demanding investigation by outside law enforcement. Rural organized crime? Probably in no way related to SL, but due to the disturbing coincidences we should maybe keep it on our radar.

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-p...-human-remains
    I don't believe Trenton is BBs "hometown". It's pretty obvious she's from Iowa. But also I came across this last night....and what's even more interesting/coincidental her ex fiancÚ appears to have been friends with Tanner.

Heard! I was under the impression it was her hometown due to other posts here. It is the town where her mother and child live???

Small world......

I'm pretty sure you can't post about POIs family members .....so without saying much...no they don't appear to live in Trenton. I believe BB just lived there with the ex.

I just finished watching AT's 2 videos where they try to convince us they are innocent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTFj5X3vQf8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKymqwUL2Y

I have to say, I cannot recall a case where a POI does this. Guilty or innocent, this guy is a real piece of work.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

Quote Originally Posted by NormieBoy17 View Post
    To your last point: FWIW - not once has LE used the term "remains". They have consistently referenced a body being recovered...

My .02...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb Wire View Post
    <snip from link>

The police chief referenced cellphones, social media and debit or credit cards Nov. 28. "Those are all different avenues that we are looking at and should be looking at in order to identify where Sydney was, where Bailey Boswell and Aubrey Trail may be."

Bliemeister called it a valuable component of the investigation. Last Thursday, he said it led to Boswell's and Trail's arrests. Tuesday, he said it led to finding Loofe's remains in Clay County.

+1

Larry Barksdale

Larry Barksdale, a former Lincoln police investigator who retired in 2012 with more than 40 years experience, said Tuesday the same way shipping companies can track online purchases and trucking firms keep tabs on semitrailers, so, too, do law enforcement use digital information to help in investigations.

But, for law enforcement to get the information, a judge has to review the process and approve warrants, said Barksdale, who now teaches forensic science at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
    Quote that refers to SL's body as "remains"....

Quote Originally Posted by GoJacks View Post
    Second, why were AT/BB renting a basement from someone if they made "100k a year" in their "antique" business. 100k a year is a lot of money for small town Nebraska.... (could this be because they didn't want background check ran) or maybe they weren't making anywhere near that sort of money.

Lastly, is it not kind of weird to rent a basement from someone in small town NE? I mean everyone rents their basement out where I live now, so it's very common, but i grew up in a small town not far from where Sydney grew up and can't say i ever heard of anyone doing that.....which leads me to....people had to wonder what an attractive 23 year old was doing with AT. You can be as "quiet" and as hidden as possible but you still live in a town of what...1,800? Just wondering what the local take on them was.

I think that's exactly why they rented someone's basement... so the police wouldn't have their address. It was probably a super informal thing with no background check and no one would ever know they were there. AT said that LE thought he still lived in Falls City. This could just be because of the warrants though, and not necessarily because he was planning something terrible.

I'm from a rural town in a different part of NE, and no one rented rooms/basements there. Maybe it's different closer to the Lincoln/Omaha area though, and they just lived there to get cheaper rent in a town relatively close to Lincoln. I do know that in Omaha, it's common.

And the antiques... someone on social media actually had their business card (and uploaded a picture of it... it's A&B Antiques). They definitely at least pretend to be in the antique business. It could still be a money laundering thing though. Maybe that's why the FBI got involved.

So Clay County search is wrapped up but they are back to searching in Saline County??? (this is wilber, where phone pinged)

Texting with my mom earlier today Farmers in Clay County near the area SF was found have been told to keep a look out for trash bags or containers. She hasn't heard anything about the search today around Wilber.

Quote Originally Posted by peas n carrots View Post
    Texting with my mom earlier today Farmers in Clay County near the area SF was found have been told to keep a look out for trash bags or containers. She hasn't heard anything about the search today around Wilber.
    That's what I'd heard... scattered trash bags. I still hope it's just a false rumor.

(disregard... I found it's already been mentioned)
    Last edited by enw10110; 12-07-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Probably trying to find Sydney's phone.

Maybe a local could help me out with a few questions I have...

Has crime scene units been back to the house AT/BB live at? I haven't seen any mention of this in the media at all. This tells me, they probably don't think it happened there...(which makes sense since I'm sure people were upstairs)

Second, why were AT/BB renting a basement from someone if they made "100k a year" in their "antique" business. 100k a year is a lot of money for small town Nebraska.... (could this be because they didn't want background check ran) or maybe they weren't making anywhere near that sort of money.

Lastly, is it not kind of weird to rent a basement from someone in small town NE? I mean everyone rents their basement out where I live now, so it's very common, but i grew up in a small town not far from where Sydney grew up and can't say i ever heard of anyone doing that.....which leads me to....people had to wonder what an attractive 23 year old was doing with AT. You can be as "quiet" and as hidden as possible but you still live in a town of what...1,800? Just wondering what the local take on them was.
    Looks like someone posted a link to an article referring to another search in the Wilber area today.

As for the antique business - my $0.02 - they don't exactly come off as the brightest light bulbs. That could be their net number before business expenses, rent, taxes (if they paid them!) etc. Even then, if they are selling glassware and small collectibles they would have to sell a good volume to bank on that. I'm hardly an expert at antiques but from my poking around in antique/junk stores glassware usually isn't going for a lot of money.

Renting in a small town - I think that is a good point. I've had family members that have rented in Wilber, but this has been a good 20+ years ago, but I think it's still true the POI's could have picked up a rental for pretty cheap. I think there is a reason they are renting the basement - in all likelihood, their Landlord may not ask many questions and that was part of the appeal. Also, they could maybe come and go with fewer neighbors observing them. My grandma used to joke in Wilber your neighbors know what time you use the bathroom, and if the POI's had a small house or apartment they would have neighbors who could be nosy and ask questions. They may have known their upstairs neighbors wouldn't ask questions.

As I keep saying, I think it is ultimately extremely strange no one seemed to have seen them at the bars, or at Casey's, or even at the Wal-Mart in Crete - or at least I haven't heard any local talk pertaining to sightings. If it's the case no one has seen them, then why were they so careful at keeping a low profile?

For what it's worth, inside the meth community (probably similar in the newer opioid culture) they are constantly trading and selling things (collecting and stealing also). There are intricate networks involving everything from scrap metal to sports cards, car parts to antiques, firearms and many things in between. Cash and drugs are interchangeable at various points of exchange.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast