For BDIs: What made Burke strike JonBenet on the head?

Why did Burke bash JonBenet on the head?

• She wouldn't give him a piece of her candy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He wanted to try out the knots in his new book.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why did Burke strike JonBenet on the head?

icedtea4me,
Only BR knows. Some reckon he whacked JonBenet on the head to prevent her telling Patsy whatever took place?

Maybe he was trying to stage a homicide to mask a manual asphyxiation?

Could be he went postal on JonBenet and the head injury was part of the rage attack?

Maybe Patsy did it to stage a homicide, which never worked, so she went for the overkill garrote scenario?

icedtea4me,
Only BR knows. Some reckon he whacked JonBenet on the head to prevent her telling Patsy whatever took place?*snip*

So, which of those eight options do you think took place?

Just everyday kid bickering and the reason is likely none of the above. Took pineapple, doubt it, food is community property. I remember a case where a daughter killed her mother fighting over what casserole dish to use, who'd a thunk it?

IMO Jonbenet encroached on Burke's property in some way, touched a new toy of his and he just happened to have a golf club in hand and a rage of impulse took over. She may have even been teasing him, she was the alpha child. This family was living in the throes of dysfunction. There was a time bomb under the kitchen table. Both kids showed symptoms of being sexually molested and this was sad the result.

So, which of those eight options do you think took place?

icedtea4me,
I'm assuming BR did not need to whack JonBenet on the head, since LHP said they played doctor in JonBenet's bed. So looks like BR whacked JonBenet either in anger or to prevent her from talking?

Because he was a 9 year old kid and she did something he didn't like, it could be any one of those things listed, I don't think it makes much of a difference. JMO.

Because he was a 9 year old kid and she did something he didn't like, it could be any one of those things listed, I don't think it makes much of a difference. JMO.

Tawny,
It makes a difference depending on which theory you support. The head injury might represent failed staging, the ligature and paintbrush might be there to mask a manual asphyxiation?

Coroner Meyer says there was digital penetration and sexual contact, i.e. Meyer knows enough to distinguish staged assault from sexual contact.

Thats what the case looks like : sexual assault gone wrong, with multiple attempts at a cover up.

Because he was angry over some trifling sibling thing? Whatever it is it would not make sense to anyone, not even him.

Why not more than one simmering reason, which then came to a head? I'm inclined to believe several of the options contributed to the act of violence which gravely harmed JBR.

As for the pineapple possibly being the last straw, there is evidence in one of the interviews with young Burke that he did view his own food and drink as his property. He reacted badly to the therapist accidentally taking a sip from his soda. This isn't that abnormal in of itself. I remember being territorial with my sister over many things, including food on my plate. Even though, looking back now, I can acknowledge it was petty.

Why not more than one simmering reason, which then came to a head? I'm inclined to believe several of the options contributed to the act of violence which gravely harmed JBR.

As for the pineapple possibly being the last straw, there is evidence in one of the interviews with young Burke that he did view his own food and drink as his property. He reacted badly to the therapist accidentally taking a sip from his soda. This isn't that abnormal in of itself. I remember being territorial with my sister over many things, including food on my plate. Even though, looking back now, I can acknowledge it was petty.

ZoriahNZ,
BR displaying territorial behavior, OK. BR sensitive to sounds, e.g. JonBenet talking and beeping with her game playing OK.

Where does BR's behavior explain away JonBenet's sexual assault?

Before the documentary, I firmly believed that he struck her over the head to quiet her while he was "playing doctor" with her. However, after seeing the documentary, I now believe that he struck her after she took some of his pineapple.

The pineapple has to fit into the equation, since it's something so minor for Patsy to have lied about. Why would she deny having pineapple, unless something major involving it happened shortly before JBR died.

IMO: Burke got the flashlight to go downstairs to get some pineapple. JBR followed him and he told her not to take his pineapple. She did, and he got mad and whacked her on the head, not knowing his strength. IMO: the scream was his, when he realized that she went unconscious. John and Patsy ran downstairs at that point and started the cover up.

All :moo:

Before the documentary, I firmly believed that he struck her over the head to quiet her while he was "playing doctor" with her. However, after seeing the documentary, I now believe that he struck her after she took some of his pineapple.

The pineapple has to fit into the equation, since it's something so minor for Patsy to have lied about. Why would she deny having pineapple, unless something major involving it happened shortly before JBR died.

IMO: Burke got the flashlight to go downstairs to get some pineapple. JBR followed him and he told her not to take his pineapple. She did, and he got mad and whacked her on the head, not knowing his strength. IMO: the scream was his, when he realized that she went unconscious. John and Patsy ran downstairs at that point and started the cover up.

All :moo:

The bolded is problematic because, BR wouldn't have gone past JBR's bedroom to get to the kitchen. You should look at the schematic of the house (just do a google image search, or look in this threads, it's on here somewhere). BR's room was all the way on the opposite side of the house, and nearer to a separate staircase (that led to the front door). What is still so asinine to me is the fact, JBR was given a bedroom on the complete other end of the house, completely away from all the other members of her family. The reasons given why she was given this bedroom was because it had it's own bathroom (as she had a bed-wetting problem) and because it had a TV in it, which she desperately wanted. Of course, there could have been a more nefarious reason why she was given this separate bedroom away from the front of the house and separate from everybody else, and that reason wouldn't have been due to any BR needs, but I digress.

My point is, the logical way for BR to take to get to the kitchen would involve the staircase at the front of the house; not via the spiral staircase on the other end of the house. And I don't understand why he would need a flashlight. His parent's bedroom was an entire floor up. BR has gone on record stating that he was up in the middle of the night playing with his toys in the front-room, so obviously, he put a light on in order to do so.

The bolded is problematic because, BR wouldn't have gone past JBR's bedroom to get to the kitchen. You should look at the schematic of the house (just do a google image search, or look in this threads, it's on here somewhere). BR's room was all the way on the opposite side of the house, and nearer to a separate staircase (that led to the front door). *snip*

attachment.php

Attachments

• ramsey-family-floorplan-second-floor.gif
    ramsey-family-floorplan-second-floor.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 790
So she could watch television
in another room? But, isn’t it easier to move a TV, rather than the entire contents –
clothes, dressers, toys and furniture, to another room?

It’s interesting that they moved JonBenét to the other end of the hall, isn’t it? Was it really for the television or for other reasons? It’s easier to move a television. If JonBenét wanted to watch television, why move rooms –just move the damn television.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So she could watch television
in another room? But, isn’t it easier to move a TV, rather than the entire contents –
clothes, dressers, toys and furniture, to another room?

It’s interesting that they moved JonBenét to the other end of the hall, isn’t it? Was it really for the television or for other reasons? It’s easier to move a television. If JonBenét wanted to watch television, why move rooms –just move the damn television.

You would think. They also said it was because that room had a bathroom, even though the bedroom next to BR's was directly across from a bathroom about 2 feet away.

It's B.S. I believe, but the only thing I could think (just to play devil's advocate) would be that the TV in the far bedroom was wired for cable. Wiring another sole room for cable would be somewhat tedious/inconvenient, when you already have your cable set-ups in all your other rooms in your house. But again, I think it's B.S. I don't know if JBR's TV had cable, does anybody know?

I am not sure what you are talking.

As far as I remember JonBenet owned this room from the beginning.

Melinda and JAR rooms were switched and JAR room was used by Patsy at times.

Where have you fond information about switching of JonBenet room?

WILCOX: And then, Burke, his friends were his world. He kind of lived in his own world. Basically he had this whole group of friends and they had sleepovers. JonBenét never had sleepovers. She slept at her friend’s house occasionally but it was never reciprocated. I thought that was kind of odd. Daphne White... she had been to the house a few times and she was a cool little kid. But, she never slept over which I thought was odd. Because usually little girls take turns."

Schuler asked Burke where people slept in the home and he
admitted sometimes sneaking into his sister’s room at night.

SCHULER: This bedroom?

BURKE: I would sometimes sleep on - I forget which bed. But I would sometimes sleep in
there ‘cause mine got cold.

SCHULER: ‘Cause your room got cold. So whose bed was this?

BURKE: Um, JonBenét.

SCHULER: Okay, so when it gets real cold in the winter, would you sleep over here?

BURKE: Yeah. I would sleep in there ‘cause my room’s kind of an older part of the house,
‘cause that’s the way it is.

SCHULER: Yeah, some of the older parts are like that, without the insulation in them.
Okay, how often would you sleep over here sometimes?

BURKE: Usually like really cold nights.

TDAC 2.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member