News 2006

narlacat said:

Thank you so much for posting this!
I think we can stop the talk of Patsy's impending death which started around.. Christmas time.
I don't want anyone to die but it is so sad that the Internet community wishing justice in this case has lost so many fine fellow sleuths to death, while Patsy is like the Energizer bunny...

You can dress in pink and bang the drum, Energizer Patsy, but no one's listening.

Actually,I was surprised to learn that JAR remained in Colorado,since none of his family are there,and of course the death of JB.But then again,his wife and her family may be from Colorado,and he may have made friends there from college.

It's interesting that Jim Kolar wasn't at the meeting with the Ramseys because he hadn't been briefed on the case by DA Mary Lacy. This reinforces my belief that Kolar is on the DA's staff soley to make it appear there's an active on-going investigation.

There is no active investigation; and there is no money in the budget to conduct one; and there's been no money in the budget for years to conduct one. I think the case has been solved since October of 1999, but Boulder authorities are prohibited by law and by court order to make it public.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
It's interesting that Jim Kolar wasn't at the meeting with the Ramseys because he hadn't been briefed on the case by DA Mary Lacy. This reinforces my belief that Kolar is on the DA's staff soley to make it appear there's an active on-going investigation.

[...]

BlueCrab

John and Patsy Ramsey met Wednesday with District Attorney Mary Lacy in Boulder.
By Charlie Brennan, Rocky Mountain News
February 3, 2006
<...>

Lacy's chief investigator, Jim Kolar, did not sit in on the meeting because of a court appearance.

<...>

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4438155,00.html

BlueCrab said:
AND KOLAR HAD NOT BEEN BRIEFED BY THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY. Come on now tipper. Quote the whole thing.

BlueCrab

Okay, now I understand.

The Rocky Mountain News just got its hand caught in the cookie jar. They quickly edited the paragraph that states Jim Kolar didn't attend the meeting with the Ramseys because he was in court AND he hadn't been briefed on the case by Mary Lacy. Today's article reflects the same article as yesterday MINUS the comment about Kolar not being there because he hadn't been briefed by Lacy.

As I've stated in the past, the JonBenet murder has likely been solved since the grand jury adjourned in October of 1999 and Boulder officials are covering it up. And I've stated that Jim Kolar is on Lacy's staff to make it appear as if there's an active investigation going on, when no such thing is happening. There is no investigation -- just smoke and mirrors from Boulder authorities who know the truth but are legally hog-tied and can't make it publicly known.

The truth of the Boulder coverup continues to slowly ebb from Boulder sources -- one leak and one faux pas after another. Today's quick edit of the truth by the Rocky Mountain News was a bonus.

Isn't it about time for Boulder and the Ramseys to give up the storytelling, tell the truth, and put the case to rest?

BlueCrab

John & Patsy: So, have you made any progress in the investigation?

DA: Uh, no. We haven't arrested you yet.

Sorry-couldn't resist.

bbmcrae said:

Sorry-couldn't resist.

LMAO!!!

BlueCrab said:
AND KOLAR HAD NOT BEEN BRIEFED BY THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY. Come on now tipper. Quote the whole thing.

BlueCrab
Here's what I've got. I think I saved it early this morning. I know we're not supposed to quote the whole article but you are suggesting I deliberately left out relevant material. Please show me where it is or give me a link to a revised version.

ttp://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4438155,00.html

Ramseys meet with Boulder prosecutor

John and Patsy Ramsey met Wednesday with District Attorney Mary Lacy in Boulder.

February 3, 2006

John and Patsy Ramsey passed through Boulder on Wednesday and met with District Attorney Mary Lacy to discuss the status of the investigation into the unsolved murder of their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet.
The Ramseys were in the area to visit John Andrew Ramsey, John Ramsey's adult son from his first marriage, according to Lin Wood, the Ramseys' Atlanta-based attorney. The Ramseys also visited with Lacy, who took control of the investigation from the Boulder Police Department in December 2002.

"I'm not talking," Lacy said Thursday.

Wood said he did not know in advance that the meeting was to take place.

"It was partly to say hello, but they also saw it as an opportunity to see if there was anything new (in the investigation)," Wood said.

There wasn't, Wood said, "other than that they (Lacy and the Ramseys) continue to consider the case under active investigation and a case that, in all likelihood, will be solved by the DNA."

Lacy's chief investigator, Jim Kolar, did not sit in on the meeting because of a court appearance.

"I am surprised to learn that they were in Boulder," said former assistant Boulder District Attorney Bill Wise, now retired. "The fact that they met with the district attorney would indicate to me that they were comfortable with the fact that they aren't the focus of the current investigation."

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled with a garrotte in the basement of the Ramseys' home Dec. 26, 1996, about seven hours after Patsy Ramsey reported finding a note demanding $118,000 in ransom.

The Ramseys were declared to be "under the umbrella of suspicion" by Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, but a 13-month grand jury investigation concluded in October 1999 with no indictments.

Patsy Ramsey, 49, has battled several recurrences of ovarian cancer in the years since her youngest child's death, and her condition last year had many friends concerned about how much longer she could fight the disease. But she has rallied again in recent months.

"It's remarkable," Wood said. "She had such an incredibly difficult first half of 2005. I was very worried about her.

"But she started a new regimen of chemotherapy here in Atlanta, mid-fall, and she has just had a tremendous and positive response to it."

The Ramseys now live in Charlevoix, Mich.

tipper said:
Here's what I've got. I think I saved it early this morning. I know we're not supposed to quote the whole article but you are suggesting I deliberately left out relevant material. Please show me where it is or give me a link to a revised version.

ttp://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4438155,00.html

Ramseys meet with Boulder prosecutor

February 3, 2006

John and Patsy Ramsey passed through Boulder on Wednesday and met with District Attorney Mary Lacy to discuss the status of the investigation into the unsolved murder of their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet.
The Ramseys were in the area to visit John Andrew Ramsey, John Ramsey's adult son from his first marriage, according to Lin Wood, the Ramseys' Atlanta-based attorney. The Ramseys also visited with Lacy, who took control of the investigation from the Boulder Police Department in December 2002.

"I'm not talking," Lacy said Thursday.

Wood said he did not know in advance that the meeting was to take place.

"It was partly to say hello, but they also saw it as an opportunity to see if there was anything new (in the investigation)," Wood said.

There wasn't, Wood said, "other than that they (Lacy and the Ramseys) continue to consider the case under active investigation and a case that, in all likelihood, will be solved by the DNA."

"I am surprised to learn that they were in Boulder," said former assistant Boulder District Attorney Bill Wise, now retired. "The fact that they met with the district attorney would indicate to me that they were comfortable with the fact that they aren't the focus of the current investigation."

JonBenet was found beaten and strangled with a garrotte in the basement of the Ramseys' home Dec. 26, 1996, about seven hours after Patsy Ramsey reported finding a note demanding $118,000 in ransom.

The Ramseys were declared to be "under the umbrella of suspicion" by Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, but a 13-month grand jury investigation concluded in October 1999 with no indictments.

Patsy Ramsey, 49, has battled several recurrences of ovarian cancer in the years since her youngest child's death, and her condition last year had many friends concerned about how much longer she could fight the disease. But she has rallied again in recent months.

"It's remarkable," Wood said. "She had such an incredibly difficult first half of 2005. I was very worried about her.

"But she started a new regimen of chemotherapy here in Atlanta, mid-fall, and she has just had a tremendous and positive response to it."

The Ramseys now live in Charlevoix, Mich.

I didn't save the first version but now wish I had. Tipper, you copied the revised version. Like BlueCrab, I initially found it odd that Kolar didn't attend, PLUS it initially stated that he had not been briefed by Mary as of Thursday afternoon. Interesting that they redacted that part. Maybe they are reading here?

bbmcrae said:

Sorry-couldn't resist.
Shouldn't RDI be asking why the article has the DA standing with the R's on the DNA issue. Isn't the DNA a problem for RDI?

"...they (Lacy and the Ramseys) continue to consider the case under active investigation and a case that, in all likelihood, will be solved by the DNA."

IMO the presence of foreign DNA tends to rule out RDI.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Shouldn't RDI be asking why the article has the DA standing with the R's on the DNA issue. Isn't the DNA a problem for RDI?

"...they (Lacy and the Ramseys) continue to consider the case under active investigation and a case that, in all likelihood, will be solved by the DNA."

IMO the presence of foreign DNA tends to rule out RDI.

If DNA hasn't excluded them, yet, I doubt it will ever.

Brefie said:
If DNA hasn't excluded them, yet, I doubt it will ever.
DNA has been key to case after case lately, in the news. Cases far older than JBR.

Nehemiah said:
I didn't save the first version but now wish I had. Tipper, you copied the revised version. Like BlueCrab, I initially found it odd that Kolar didn't attend, PLUS it initially stated that he had not been briefed by Mary as of Thursday afternoon. Interesting that they redacted that part. Maybe they are reading here?

I have the original link. Check it out. The ads remain but the article is gone, no reason why it should be unless it was edited, saved to a different database record, and the original deleted. And why would that be, I wonder?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4435845,00.html

Brefie said:
I didn't. You assumed I did. Re-read my post.
Uh, your post basically says that the DNA won't clear the R's if it hasn't already. I guess I'm taking issue with that.

Of course it could clear the R's if it hasn't already.

Since the DNA is already known to not match the R's or anyone else who has been tested, the DNA's role in this investigation would be to match DNA taken from someone who, for other reasons, became a suspect in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back