Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Babcock murder trial discussion thread.

A few general reminders about the trial:

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and/or any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (newspaper articles, tweets, tv) is allowed. Provide a source link, and keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge.

The magnificent principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that the general public / Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

A few general reminders from Websleuths TOS aka The Rules.

At all times, remain VICTIM FRIENDLY. No bashing or passing judgment on the victim or family.

There is ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts. Don’t expect an explanation … you will find your post has simply disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

BICKERING between members is not allowed. If you disagree, that's fine, say so and move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Alert on a post and move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Mods/Admin or Owner. Also do not expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Do not abuse the WS Alert feature. Abuse includes, but is not limited to:
• Overuse of the alert system
• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster
• Demanding a specific outcome
• Alerting on the same post more than once

Paywall Sites

Under copyright law, members who read information at a paid subscription site are NOT legally allowed to bring information obtained through those accounts over to Websleuths or pass the information to a third party to post the information here. All information posted at Websleuths about the trial must be obtained through MSM or MSM social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook) and linked.

If you have any questions, use the Alert feature or send a PM and we will be happy to assist.

:tyou:

:rose: Remembering Laura Babcock and waiting for Justice :rose:

1297999253571_ORIGINAL.jpg

link

You are not forgotten ... Rest peacefully, Laura
:rose: :rose:

Judge refuses Dellen Millard's request for mistrial at Laura Babcock murder trial
By Shannon Martin, CBC News Dec 14, 2017

laura-babcock.jpg

A judge swiftly quashed co-accused Dellen Millard's request for mistrial at the Laura Babcock murder trial in Toronto today.

Millard, 32, who is acting as his own lawyer, put forward a 10-page application for mistrial Thursday morning complaining the lawyer for co-accused Mark Smich tried to pin Babcock's alleged murder on him.

Justice Michael Code rejected the argument, and the plea for a mistrial.

"There was a real possibility that Smich would get in the box and point the finger at you. But he has not done that," Code said.

It seems like parts of our legal system are as warped as DM and MS. Not that $ will give the families of TB and LB peace but I would rather them get it then the lawyers... Don't get me wrong. I am not throwing all layers in the same pile... Just the ones who practice solely for $. It used to be a calling... Social Justice. These days I am not so sure! I liken it to the Teaching profession...Some do the job for the love of kids, the satisfaction of helping and teaching others. But these days some do it for the pay and summers off... Some good...Some in it for themselves... Bless the ones who chose their profession mainly to help people in need. To those who are mostly in it for themselves, I suspect that later in life they will regret it and have to (in their own minds) deal with the consequences. my2cents

MyTye, you may be right about some lawyers but I promise you NOBODY gets into teaching for the pay! They're paid much, much less than they deserve, have hardly any opportunity for promotion, zero bonuses or rewards for a job well done & pretty subpar benefits. The summers off are forced vacation time that they are NOT paid for. A certain percentage is taken from their pay that they earned during the year & deposited to them during the summer. Half the summer is usually spent preparing for the next year because they can't afford to go anywhere anyways!

It's late Friday night here and I will speed read to catch you all up when I wake up let's hope today is the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna spend my day in airports today working my way home. I just know the verdict will come down while I’m in the air. Let’s hope that today is the day. It’s time for Laura to see Justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this article had been posted, DM is a real piece of work.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...nce-tactics-stall-whine-and-divert-blame.html

Judges can move mountains. Code called upon the prosecution’s investigator to at least try reaching the fellow. Mere minutes later, the cop returned. Why, goodness, he’d managed to get this elusive person on the phone lickety-split. The man wasn’t in London, as Millard had claimed. He was still in Ottawa. Yes, he could come to Toronto.
Code, reaching for his pen: “I can make a subpoena to get him here tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. and you can pay for it.”
You, Millard.
“I’ve been incredibly generous with time for you to prepare. I was shocked that you hadn’t told this witness to be here on Monday.”

This episode, which of course took place in the jury’s absence, amply illustrated tactics that Millard employed throughout the seven week trial — stalling, whining, diverting blame, exhibiting a monumental sense of entitlement.

Like the dilettante fortune heir he was.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...nce-tactics-stall-whine-and-divert-blame.html

Judges can move mountains. Code called upon the prosecution’s investigator to at least try reaching the fellow. Mere minutes later, the cop returned. Why, goodness, he’d managed to get this elusive person on the phone lickety-split. The man wasn’t in London, as Millard had claimed. He was still in Ottawa. Yes, he could come to Toronto.
Code, reaching for his pen: “I can make a subpoena to get him here tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. and you can pay for it.”
You, Millard.
“I’ve been incredibly generous with time for you to prepare. I was shocked that you hadn’t told this witness to be here on Monday.”

This episode, which of course took place in the jury’s absence, amply illustrated tactics that Millard employed throughout the seven week trial — stalling, whining, diverting blame, exhibiting a monumental sense of entitlement.

Here I go again - gotta love that judge! LOL

You, Millard.

It's a big adjustment for DM. He is used of conning high school kids. And it ain't working on an experienced Judge. MOO

This must be difficult for DM. To come to the realization that he's nothing more than another convicted felon and he's been stripped of celebrity status. Blows away any notion that DM was hard done by having to live in solitary confinement- he refused to sign his papers for "protective" custody.

“Toronto don’t give a flying **** who Dellen Millard is, I’m just another prisoner here. In Hamilton there was so much community interest, administrators wanted to put me into protective custody. I refused to sign my protective custody papers, so they put me in segregation instead,” he said of his time during the Bosma trial."

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...mself-and-his-worries-about-the-jurys-verdict

I would be happily surprised by a verdict today, but I think it is probably still too early. The evidence and the charge were both complicated, and my guess is that we’ll see that reflected in the length of deliberation.

I had a dream last night that my sister sent me a text that said simply "11:59". Meaning that was when the verdict came in. Let's see how that pans out lol

I would be happily surprised by a verdict today, but I think it is probably still too early. The evidence and the charge were both complicated, and my guess is that we’ll see that reflected in the length of deliberation.

For the sake of the Babcock family and friends, I hope the jury was at least able to get past the first obstacle that LB is no longer with us. I would be very upset if they struggled with this based on lies from sycophants trying to offer false hope for their own selfish needs.

There is no way in the world someone with LB's social traits could instantly disappear, starting the night she met up with DM on July 3rd. MOO

For the sake of the Babcock family and friends, I hope the jury was at least able to get past the first obstacle that LB is no longer with us. I would be very upset if they struggled with this based on lies from sycophants trying to offer false hope for their own selfish needs.

There is no way in the world someone with LB's social traits could instantly disappear, starting the night she met up with DM on July 3rd. MOO

I honestly don’t see a path where the jury doesn’t conclude that Laura was killed and her body incinerated. It’s hard to imagine that any reasonable doubt would linger there, although I think they will have had a good, fair and not necessarily short conversation about it.

Have a gut feeling that the longer they deliberate, the less likely we are to see M1 x 2. JMO

I honestly don’t see a path where the jury doesn’t conclude that Laura was killed and her body incinerated. It’s hard to imagine that any reasonable doubt would linger there, although I think they will have had a good, fair and not necessarily short conversation about it.

JuneBug67, I hope you are 100% correct.

MyTye, you may be right about some lawyers but I promise you NOBODY gets into teaching for the pay! They're paid much, much less than they deserve, have hardly any opportunity for promotion, zero bonuses or rewards for a job well done & pretty subpar benefits. The summers off are forced vacation time that they are NOT paid for. A certain percentage is taken from their pay that they earned during the year & deposited to them during the summer. Half the summer is usually spent preparing for the next year because they can't afford to go anywhere anyways!

I'm sorry Betty but I have to take exception to some o what you have said. I taught high school for 8 years, I was union rep for my school, my daughter is a teacher and I have lots friends who are teachers and retired teachers so I know somewhat of what I speak.

Poor Pay - currently in my jurisdiction teachers with 10+ years experience earn $105k per year. That's not underpaid especially when you consider 3 months of holidays, or if one accepts your rationale that they aren't paid for summers then that's pretty rich for 9 months of work.

Zero bonuses - teachers receive the best bonuses possible in the form of appreciation from their students and knowing that they are changing lives. I have on a few occasions had former students recognize me in stores 25 years after I taught them come up to me and tell me what an impact I had on their lives and I can't for the life of me remember who they are. That is bonus that I never get in my current line of work an is worth plenty ore than a monetary bonus.

Summers aren't paid - it may vary by jurisdiction but summers are paid for otherwise teachers would be eligible for EI benefits during the summer as they would be unemployed.

Subpar Benefits - when I taught the benefits were top notch and equal to or better than most corporate plans.

Teachers work half the summer - not any of the ones that I ever taught with.

You left out the gold plated, fully indexed pension that teachers receive and the fact that they never have to worry about layoffs or downturns in the economy.

Don't get me wrong, I know teachers do a fantastic an vital job under ever more difficult circumstances, but I just don't buy the claims that teachers are hard done by.

I've tried to review the trial without emotion and excluding any knowledge of the TB trial or DM or MS. I came to these conclusions:

LB is no longer with us
DM killed her
MS may not have directly killed her but was there so could also go down for M1.

I couldn't figure out if enough evidence was presented to meet the criteria for M1 for MS.

I'd love to hear others thoughts as they process the trial like a juror should!

I found this to be another interesting article. http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...rn-to-world-of-fast-cars-and-exotic-adventure
This was in 2015 and It looks like he really feels like he's been done wrong in all aspects of his life, his crimes and his media portrayal. Obviously he still feels this way. I find it interesting that he feels he convinced prison staff of his innocence and seems to be very concerned about what people think of him. The portion where he said that soon people will be saying good things about him again... seems very telling. He lives a double life for sure. One of what he wants people to see and think and one that he really is.

Does anyone think it is troubling that the jury is out for this long? What does this mean ?, god forbid they don't find DM guilty of M1.
They are taking longer from the Bosma trial that was months long. Is this a sign that they are not going to find DM and MS guilty of M1?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back