1107 users online (178 members and 929 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1131
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post
    You know what MB looks like of recent? Do you know when that photo put out by The Star was taken? I believe it was some years prior to DM's arrest. DM appears to be in his late teens early 20s...about a dozen years ago. The Star photo, DM is wearing a boutonnière...someone's wedding, family member he stood up for? The woman with the plunging neckline, in the middle, I bet most assume she is DM's date/girlfriend. Perhaps she's a relative of DM's and not his date at all. She has a beverage in her hand so I'm assuming this was a random photo shot. People standing around talking and drinking when someone approached and snapped a photo. People can and do change over a few years time, gain weight, require reading glasses. Middle aged woman especially. Why would DM keep a photo of himself with some random woman sitting at her computer, while in her bedroom/spareroom? ALL MOO.
    I read that the mother was 68 , so that picture could very well be of her. She has not been captured in any recent photos.
    The only parent that has been photographed MS mother, when she was upset and was attempting to hit a member of the media.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexiintoronto View Post
    any luck? Would you like me to post one?
    I ran out of time at the office and its a pain on a cellphone so if you would like to sure...otherwise I'll try tomorow.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    Hi I pop in and out of threads and although somewhere alone the line I may have heard something it was more the members here, I find the people on this thread very interesting, without having to go back and delve through masses of info everyone is engaging in reminding each other of information so it was easy to jump into. Through links and comments I have googled etc to get a basic knowledge which has helped. Besides the topic though I really enjoy the members on this thread. Intelligent respectful and witty. I'm in Aus by the way

    Just adding my Dad lived in BC for 14 years so have a natural love of Canada

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm another Aussie Sleuther.
    Similar to Horror, I found the thread and needed to see the outcome!
    I have followed, thinking these 2 creeps need to be exposed for their actions.
    Waiting for a great Verdict.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey-St View Post
    I think MB specially, is likely so full of shame that it's paralyzing, and she doesn't want to show her face. She also knows what she did during the TB investigation, and doesn't want to deal with the scrutiny. Also there's the WM murder, the possibility of being questioned on that by reporters might keep her away, too.

    I think also, there's the theory that both mother's likely know deep down that they are guilty, or will be found guilty. To be in the courtroom while spectators are elated, may be difficult for them.

    I've also wondered: although I get the very strong impression that MB was the type of mother who believed her son could do no wrong, protected him during the investigation, was wrapped around his finger, etc, maybe now she's become unclenched? I wonder if she's stopped supporting him in certain ways? From what I have picked up on, MS seems to look more put together in this trial than DM. Family members usually bring the defendants proper clothing to wear in court. It sounds like DM with his oversized blazer, puts together his outfits from a donation box at the jail labelled "court clothes". JMO.
    I’ve wondered all along if DM’s look is curated. One of the posters, who had been to court (who’s name escapes me) mentioned that his clothes were ill fitting and he looked “lost and lonely”. Exactly the image he wants to project. He is always playing a character and this is just another costume MOO


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper52 View Post
    Just an observation - the jurors have been deliberating until 8 pm each evening but stopped deliberations an hour early this evening. I don't know if we can read anything into that or not............
    Doubtful to read too much into it. They know where they are at and if they could call it, they would do so. Could be a sleep on it decision but they may have a full day or more ahead of them. It's been a very long week for them so perhaps it was just a simple decision to end a little earlier.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    89
    I've not seen this before. Shows how this sordid affair affects many people who knew the accused.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfl80mQ3ZLU

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post
    You know what MB looks like of recent? Do you know when that photo put out by The Star was taken? I believe it was some years prior to DM's arrest. DM appears to be in his late teens early 20s...about a dozen years ago. The Star photo, DM is wearing a boutonnière...someone's wedding, family member he stood up for? The woman with the plunging neckline, in the middle, I bet most assume she is DM's date/girlfriend. Perhaps she's a relative of DM's and not his date at all. She has a beverage in her hand so I'm assuming this was a random photo shot. People standing around talking and drinking when someone approached and snapped a photo. People can and do change over a few years time, gain weight, require reading glasses. Middle aged woman especially. Why would DM keep a photo of himself with some random woman sitting at her computer, while in her bedroom/spareroom? ALL MOO.
    Yes, that could be her. And I say this as someone who has seen her on several occasions including in the witness box at Millard's Rowbotham application.

    The face of the woman in the photo is definitely fuller than Burns's face is now but that could be due to weight loss or just an unflattering shot.

    Where is that picture from? Apologies if I missed an earlier post explaining its origin.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey-St View Post
    I think MB specially, is likely so full of shame that it's paralyzing, and she doesn't want to show her face. She also knows what she did during the TB investigation, and doesn't want to deal with the scrutiny. Also there's the WM murder, the possibility of being questioned on that by reporters might keep her away, too.

    I think also, there's the theory that both mother's likely know deep down that they are guilty, or will be found guilty. To be in the courtroom while spectators are elated, may be difficult for them.

    I've also wondered: although I get the very strong impression that MB was the type of mother who believed her son could do no wrong, protected him during the investigation, was wrapped around his finger, etc, maybe now she's become unclenched? I wonder if she's stopped supporting him in certain ways? From what I have picked up on, MS seems to look more put together in this trial than DM. Family members usually bring the defendants proper clothing to wear in court. It sounds like DM with his oversized blazer, puts together his outfits from a donation box at the jail labelled "court clothes". JMO.
    I don't have much sympathy for MB. I agree that she probably didn't think her son could do any wrong. She likely knew nothing of what he got up to in his day-to-day life and he presented a certain face and image to her. As long as her pay cheque was rolling in and they had regular dinners or whatever, all was right with her world. She's culpable in some way but not provable, and probably less provable than CN. When it came to that trailer in her driveway, she didn't do anything. She texted DM a couple of times and got no answer. She ran to a hotel and sucked back wine with CN, then wiped down prints with CN, THEN she went to the house at Maple Gate and collected cash and papers, didn't she? I'm not saying it is easy to admit or accept that ones's son is guilty of something so heinous but she knew and she wanted to save herself and/or protect him. She knew enough at that point and did nothing. I have to say, at least in the awful Derek Saretzky case (Alberta), when the parents sensed his involvement, they went straight to LE. The same for Douglas Garland's sister who also contacted LE.
    Last edited by BeKind_BeWell; 12-15-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added comment about Garland's sister also doing the right thing

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendys View Post
    I've not seen this before. Shows how this sordid affair affects many people who knew the accused.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfl80mQ3ZLU
    I get the impression that this guy used his 6 degrees of separation to promote his own YouTube channel.
    No disrespect (much like he cited when he didn't even get Bosma's name right) ... but this is stupid.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    161
    When will Matthew Ward Jackson (Ish) be sentenced? irc, it was mentioned some when in December.


  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by BeKind_BeWell View Post
    I don't have much sympathy for MB. I agree that she probably didn't think her son could do any wrong. She likely knew nothing of what he got up to in his day-to-day life and he presented a certain face and image to her. As long as her pay cheque was rolling in and they had regular dinners or whatever, all was right with her world. She's culpable in some way but not provable, and probably less provable than CN. When it came to that trailer in her driveway, she didn't do anything. She texted DM a couple of times and got no answer. She ran to a hotel and sucked back wine with CN, then wiped down prints with CN, THEN she went to the house at Maple Gate and collected cash and papers, didn't she? I'm not saying it is easy to admit or accept that ones's son is guilty of something so heinous but she knew and she wanted to save herself and/or protect him. She knew enough at that point and did nothing. I have to say, at least in the awful Derek Saretzky case (Alberta), when the parents sensed his involvement, they went straight to LE. The same for Douglas Garland's sister who also contacted LE.
    Yes, I'm with you on your analysis of the situation. I couldn't agree more actually. I was just speculating as to why she's not in court.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    Yes, that could be her. And I say this as someone who has seen her on several occasions including in the witness box at Millard's Rowbotham application.

    The face of the woman in the photo is definitely fuller than Burns's face is now but that could be due to weight loss or just an unflattering shot.

    Where is that picture from? Apologies if I missed an earlier post explaining its origin.
    RBBM.

    When and what was this, ABro?

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper52 View Post
    Just an observation - the jurors have been deliberating until 8 pm each evening but stopped deliberations an hour early this evening. I don't know if we can read anything into that or not............
    It's Friday night!! Don't we all like to get off work early on a Friday?! JK.
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

    "On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

  14. #164
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post
    It's Friday night!! Don't we all like to get off work early on a Friday?! JK.
    My goodness. This jury deserves a care package sent up to their corridor of hotel rooms. A basket of 12 bottles of wine, and 12 glasses.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    Yes, that could be her. And I say this as someone who has seen her on several occasions including in the witness box at Millard's Rowbotham application.

    The face of the woman in the photo is definitely fuller than Burns's face is now but that could be due to weight loss or just an unflattering shot.

    Where is that picture from? Apologies if I missed an earlier post explaining its origin.
    It's in this Mob Reporter video at the 5:00 minute mark. HTH.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfO7...1qV0avhzWu6Wz7

    Oh and also ABro, are you able to divulge if you know, what the small claims case was about that MB attended to on behalf of DM, shortly after DM was arrested? Was that to do with the stolen Harley Davidson? TIA and MOO.
    Last edited by swedie; 12-15-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Oh and also...
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

    "On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.27.17 - Day 22
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 11:31 AM
  2. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.21.17 - Day 19
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 11-22-2017, 11:09 AM
  3. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.14.17 - Day 15
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: 11-15-2017, 11:17 AM
  4. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.31.17 - Day 7
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 11-01-2017, 10:14 AM
  5. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.26.17 - Day 4
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 10-27-2017, 10:06 AM

Tags for this Thread