756 users online (101 members and 655 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1130
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    No, she said they told her they wanted to celebrate when they picked her up the morning after the murder. This was very clear. It's why the Crown replayed her testimony during Smich's cross and their closing arguments. This is a fact.

    She was questioned during cross examination as to why she had never told police before her pre-trial interview with the Crown that Millard and Smich said they wanted to celebrate.

    She testified that she had always told police they were happy that morning. Neither Dungey nor Sachak shook her in cross examination.

    No, there is no evidence she knew about either murder in advance. None. Nada. Zip.

    She asked Smich not to go steal a truck. She was worried partly because he was sick. But on the night of the theft she just went to her sister's place and hung out. The idea she was begging him not to go is inaccurate.

    She never met LB. At one point she told police that she freaked out when the news of LB's murder broke. Probably because she was a young woman Laura;s age and she couldn't believe Smich would know about such a thing.

    The fantastical stories that have surfaced here about Marlena wearing LB's clothes and jewelry are not fact based. They are mere speculation.

    Again, I find the need to vilify Marlena strange and, as I have noted, it is often strongest in people who constantly make excuses for Smich.

    I would really like to understand where your distrust of MM comes from. What is it about her that makes it hard for you to accept her testimony?
    I will put some more thought into it than right now, but for starters, I know everyone says this house is huge, I don't think the house would be too big to keep her from finding out what they might be up to I just can't believe MS could have gotten away from her for long IF she stayed there that night, If I am to believe MS was involved than I just plain think she was there as well and was involved somewhat or she went out. I don't think it has been proven that SHE was there that WHOLE night- maybe a friend picked her up at some point...

    I was the poster mentioning the two bras she had on in a few photos. I would think she would want to know the story on who's stuff that was and how they got it before wearing it. I suppose DM could have just said he stole a suitcase along somewhere. We didn't hear that part. So much is missing. I would so much desire to directly speak to them myself if they actually wanted to convince me of their innocence. But that is not how court works, I guess because of that I would vote slightly more on their guilty involvement just by association to evidence recovered.
    Last edited by mimimic; 12-20-2017 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling as usual

  2. #752
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by winter2017 View Post
    YOu are calling me a MS sympathizer because I said I think I would not disagree with the judge giving him a concurrent sentence and that I believe he had serious addiction issues. I am not a trained person in human behavior, I am only giving my opinion.
    I am giving my opinion like a lot of others and it is just that an opinion.
    You are missing my point entirely. You can sympathize with MS if you so choose. What doesn't make sense is that you don't show the same regard for anyone else in the peripheral of these two. Yet they didn't murder anyone, MS did. You call them all liars, yet MS took the stand and lied to all of us, and did so while looking the family of his victim in the eyes.

    In addition, as your response to palisadesk shows (no disrespect to them, quite insightful), you only find value in the expertise of commenters who are in line with your 'opinion of the day'.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by mimimic View Post
    I will put some more thought into it than right now, but for starters, I know everyone says this house is huge, I don't think the house would be too big to keep her from finding out what they might be up to I just can't believe MS could have gotten away from her for long IF she stayed there that night, If I am to believe MS was involved than I just plain think she was there as well and was involved somewhat or she went out. I don't think it has been proven that SHE was there that WHOLE night- maybe a friend picked her up at some point...

    I was the poster mentioning the two bras she had on in a few photos. I would think she would want to know the story on who's stuff that was and how they got it before wearing it. I suppose DM could have just said he stole a suitcase along somewhere. We didn't hear that part. So much is missing. I would so much desire to directly speak to them myself if they actually wanted to convince me of their innocence. But that is not how court works, I guess because of that I would vote slightly more on their guilty involvement just by association to evidence recovered.

    They might have been her bras. What possible basis do you have to assume they're Laura's? Marlena could have bought all that stuff at Sears two years earlier. You've made up a theory that these things came from Laura despite the fact that there's nothing to support your speculation. Neither Laura's friends nor family recognized those clothes as belonging to her so how can you?

    Why the need to believe this ugly theory that MM looted a dead girl's belongings? What is driving it? Because there's certainly no evidence.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    They might have been her bras. What possible basis do you have to assume they're Laura's? Marlena could have bought all that stuff at Sears two years earlier. You've made up a theory that these things came from Laura despite the fact that there's nothing to support your speculation. Neither Laura's friends nor family recognized those clothes as belonging to her so how can you?Why the need to believe this ugly theory that MM looted a dead girl's belongings? What is driving it? Because there's certainly no evidence.
    Where does it say the family did not recognize any of the clothes belonging to Laura.? I have never seen anything about them saying that.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    They might have been her bras. What possible basis do you have to assume they're Laura's? Marlena could have bought all that stuff at Sears two years earlier. You've made up a theory that these things came from Laura despite the fact that there's nothing to support your speculation. Neither Laura's friends nor family recognized those clothes as belonging to her so how can you?

    Why the need to believe this ugly theory that MM looted a dead girl's belongings? What is driving it? Because there's certainly no evidence.
    Wow I am not getting your questions. Laura s Ipad was taken so how is it a big stretch that there is speculation other things were taken? It seems almost like you are making it sound that it would be an impossiblity and I disagree completely. I think it is very natural to think that other of Laura s belonging were kept.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    They might have been her bras. What possible basis do you have to assume they're Laura's? Marlena could have bought all that stuff at Sears two years earlier. You've made up a theory that these things came from Laura despite the fact that there's nothing to support your speculation. Neither Laura's friends nor family recognized those clothes as belonging to her so how can you?
    Why the need to believe this ugly theory that MM looted a dead girl's belongings? What is driving it? Because there's certainly no evidence.
    It's the fact that she has on two 2 bras at the same time - one over the other. I believe two different colors over top of the one that she kept on. either it was green or yellow - the others two were just tried on over top. This was not my idea - but the Crown speculated this in their closing as having kept LB's possessions. (My parents and friends have never seen my underwear.)
    Then if I am to believe there is no evidence of her looting then I suppose MS only was involved in the planning and cleanup.
    Last edited by mimimic; 12-20-2017 at 01:43 AM. Reason: broken quote and mob reporter lpad use

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by mimimic View Post
    It's the fact that she has on two 2 bras at the same time - one over the other. I believe two different colors over top of the one that she kept on. either it was green or yellow - the others two were just tried on over top. This was not my idea - but the Crown speculated this in their closing as having kept LB's possessions. (My parents and friends have never seen my underwear.)
    I never heard the Crown say anything about Marlena keeping Laura's possessions. Cameron said Smich and Millard kept them. I can't even begin to imagine why are you lumping Marlena, who is innocent, in with two murderers. I just don't get this at all.

    Marlena is wearing a bright yellow bra-style top, which is a distinctive item of clothing. So yes, people would recognize it as they probably would the blue tube top. I don't see any two-bra photos so please provide a link.

    I've read your comments throughout this trial and they seem mostly reasonable which is why I find this hatred of Marlena -- to the point that you accuse her of being a looter based on nothing -- so jarring. I challenge you to find one bit of evidence or one quote from an accredited news source to support this ugliness and these baseless accusations against a 23-year-old woman.
    Last edited by ABro; 12-20-2017 at 01:53 AM.

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by mimimic View Post
    It's the fact that she has on two 2 bras at the same time - one over the other. I believe two different colors over top of the one that she kept on. either it was green or yellow - the others two were just tried on over top. This was not my idea - but the Crown speculated this in their closing as having kept LB's possessions. (My parents and friends have never seen my underwear.)
    I missed that completely. Was it brought up in court? I have never seen any pictures of her with two bras on. That is weird and I definitely would think something was up with that.
    There are too many questionable things surrounding MM IMO. The thing is that she did not get charged with anything so is free to go and live her life and I hope stays out of trouble.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    I never heard the Crown say anything about Marlena keeping Laura's possessions. Cameron said Smich and Millard kept them. I can't even begin to imagine why are you lumping Marlena, who is innocent, in with two murderers? I just don't get this at all.

    And so what if she's wearing two bras (although I'm far from convinced she is). That's a fashion thing.

    I've read your comments throughout this trial and they seem mostly reasonable which is why I find this hatred of Marlena -- to the point that you accuse her of being a looter based on nothing -- so jarring. I challenge you to find one bit of evidence or one quote from an accredited news source to support this ugliness and these baseless accusations against a 23-year-old woman.
    Ok i will try...might be after Christmas...I didn't say I hate her, I just would want to hear MORE from her.
    Last edited by mimimic; 12-20-2017 at 01:49 AM. Reason: also note I added more to my previous post

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by winter2017 View Post
    I missed that completely. Was it brought up in court? I have never seen any pictures of her with two bras on. That is weird and I definitely would think something was up with that.
    There are too many questionable things surrounding MM IMO. The thing is that she did not get charged with anything so is free to go and live her life and I hope stays out of trouble.
    One picture is at the start of the Mob reporter video.
    Yes she is free to go and I hope she stays clean too and turns a new leaf and makes better things for herself.
    I need bed


  11. #761
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by mimimic View Post
    One picture is at the start of the Mob reporter video.
    Yes she is free to go and I hope she stays clean too and turns a new leaf and makes better things for herself.
    I need bed
    The mob reporter has dozens of videos. If you're going to accuse Marlena of looting Laura's possessions you should be prepared to back it up.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by ABro View Post
    The mob reporter has dozens of videos. If you're going to accuse Marlena of looting Laura's possessions you should be prepared to back it up.
    mob reporter Posted November 17 WHAT THE JURY SAW: ipad use after July3 start of video has MS in smoking in pool.
    MM is in pic taken July 5th 5:23pm -

    Not an actual accusation, more a nagging thought on her possible access.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    14
    Re Post 762

    is the black/green top a swimsuit?

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Posts
    839

    Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

    During both the Tim Bosma trial and the Laura Babcock trial, I witnessed a great deal of comments from WSers on the boards who appear to have sympathy for MS, even though those same posters usually say “but I believe he is guilt.”

    I have a difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that so many people have sympathy for him, and I am curious as to their reasoning.

    Yes, DM is a manipulator, but do MS sympathizers honestly believe that DM had MS constantly under his thumb? That he could totally control MS?

    MS is his own person, quite capable of making right and wrong decisions all on his own. DM couldn’t have forced MS to do things that MS’s own personal morals would not allow him to do.

    MS is equally responsible for the atrocies committed by both of them together.

    And it quite apparent to me that they both thoroughly enjoyed performing their gruesome deeds.

    He is no less guilty than DM is. They are both evil, vile psychopaths IMO. Equally the same. MS does not deserve one iota of sympathy imo.

    Where does all this sympathy for MS come from? Is it because he got GED in prison? Do you consider that to be a small measure of “reform”? Yes, it is good that he did it, but what else is there to do. It kept him busy. It certainly hasn’t caused him to reform his ways, though. For gosh sake, he just wanted to have the easiest possible life ... coast along ... never attempting to get a real job.

    I have heard from prison sources that he stills plays the grand gangster wannabe in prison. That says a lot, I think, in the respect that he is continuing along the same path because he enjoys it so much. He certainly doesn’t see any need for drastic change. He is happy being the same old MS.

    MOO

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MrsThreadgoode; 12-20-2017 at 06:38 AM.

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsThreadgoode View Post
    During both the Tim Bosma trial and the Laura Babcock trial, I witnessed a great deal of comments from WSers on the boards who appear to have sympathy for MS, even though those same posters usually say “but I believe he is guilt.”

    I have a difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that so many people have sympathy for him, and I am curious as to their reasoning.

    Yes, DM is a manipulator, but do MS sympathizers honestly believe that DM had MS constantly under his thumb? That he could totally control MS?

    MS is his own person, quite capable of making right and wrong decisions all on his own. DM couldn’t have forced MS to do things that MS’s own personal morals would not allow him to do.

    MS is equally responsible for the atrocies committed by both of them together.

    And it quite apparent to me that they both thoroughly enjoyed performing their gruesome deeds.

    He is no less guilty than DM is. They are both evil, vile psychopaths IMO. Equally the same. MS does not deserve one iota of sympathy imo.

    Where does all this sympathy for MS come from? Is it because he got GED in prison? Do you consider that to be a small measure of “reform”? Yes, it is good that he did it, but what else is there to do. It kept him busy. It certainly hasn’t caused him to reform his ways, though. For gosh sake, he just wanted to have the easiest possible life ... coast along ... never attempting to get a real job.

    I have heard from prison sources that he stills plays the grand gangster wannabe in prison. That says a lot, I think, in the respect that he is continuing along the same path because he enjoys it so much. He certainly doesn’t see any need for drastic change. He is happy being the same old MS.

    MOO

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think this is not unique to this case. I have noticed that in murder cases with two killers, there is a very strong need for some people to characterize one killer as not as bad or not as guilty.

    The classic example would be Homolka and Bernardo. Until the video tapes emerged, Homolka was going to be slotted into the dupe/follower role.

    I also think Smich's case was helped by Tom Dungey, who is a very likable lawyer and took on the role of righteous avenger at the Bosma trial.

    Unfortunately for Dungey, however, he was unable to do this at the Babcock trial as there was just too much evidence against his client. All he could do was claim that it was a deer in the incinerator and hope that many people's natural aversion to accepting the existence of evil would cause at least one jury member to have reasonable doubt.

    Interesting about Smich in prison. I can see him having a group of followers just as he tried to cultivate in real life.

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.27.17 - Day 22
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 279
    Last Post: 11-28-2017, 11:31 AM
  2. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.21.17 - Day 19
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 412
    Last Post: 11-22-2017, 11:09 AM
  3. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.14.17 - Day 15
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: 11-15-2017, 11:17 AM
  4. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.31.17 - Day 7
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 11-01-2017, 10:14 AM
  5. Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.26.17 - Day 4
    By sillybilly in forum Timothy Bosma
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 10-27-2017, 10:06 AM

Tags for this Thread